Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Pearson sacked...

42 minutes ago, KFS said:

For all Nige’s hard man bravado, he can come across with extreme anxiety at times. He sort of argues with what a question from the media ‘might be’ construing. Case in point that video above, goes on to argue with himself and justify why he ‘keeps it in the dressing room’.

Under an owner who isn’t very communicative and sneaky like the Pozzos, I can see why it’s turned out the way it has.

The guy was always fantastic at siege mentality. Problem is you can’t do that against your own owners!

Pearson really is an enigma

His persona in front of the media is fookin awful, yet I don’t think he gives a monkeys toss about that. 
Pearson builds teams. The players either go his way, or out the door

To do what Watford did was ridiculous (who runs that football club!?) and I hope they go down with a huge bang

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

We still don’t know what happened between Pearson and the watford board. I can only imagine he told them to “F off!” for suggesting something ludicrous. They should have let the man do his job then decide. It’s suicide what they’ve done and now will pay for it with relegation. I’ve always been in the half like half dislike camp on Pearson. What he did for our club is priceless but also can’t defend him for the reasons he was axed. Watford have had it coming for a while now anyway so maybe it’s for the best they go down and reset. Let’s pick off some delafuey and sari or whatever his name is. Don’t want deeney!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Highlighted bit is just objectively wrong. How can you say he didn't improve Watford? 

New manager boost which most managers get, and one of his last games they was losing 3-0 at half time and he said in interview that his players didn’t turn up, so I would argue that the new manager bounce was wearing off.

In fairness to him, Watford is a bit of an exception, as he didn’t get time, which is looking more and more self inflicted.

11 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Rubbish! The guy has taken a crap Watford squad from 6 points adrift at the foot of the table, to out of the rele zone, with form that would have have seen them in the top 12 of the league. 

Strongly feel, him and shakey + Walsh would have secured our league win, as the foundations were already set. RANIERI was fantastic, but is the luckiest guy in the world to have inherited the set up and momentum we had at the time! 

He's a builder, he gives players confidence to play well above their standard and creates a family ethos at all the club's he's been to. I bet you can't find any players or managers within the business that will say a bad word about him! 

Watford have clearly ditched him before they have to pay him a bonus for saving them from the drop. I also am reliably informed that safety garunteed him and shakey a new contract.... So to me it appears Watford have conducted some strange rumour and seen him out the door, so they can get in someone else. 

Looks like it's going to be Puel, which to be quite frank, it's a huge step down from Pearson and Shakey! If they survive, Puel will see them down for sure. 

McArthur probably has a few bad words to say about him tbf.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So why didn't the 2 managers before him at Watford get that same boost? It's easy to find reasons (some legitimate, some not imo) for not liking him but I don't think it's fair to undermine his achievement at Watford, there's no doubt in previous jobs since us he's not had an impact and he's not been effective, but Watford wasn't one of them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

What a ridiculous decision to sack him, did they really hope that they'd get a bounce for the final 2 games?

No - they sacked him because they didn't like him and the row after West Ham was the final straw.

We could be safe by now and still Pearson would have gone at the of the season I reckon 

He probably told the meddling Director of football to (insert rude words) off as well as many of our fans would like to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

No - they sacked him because they didn't like him and the row after West Ham was the final straw.

We could be safe by now and still Pearson would have gone at the of the season I reckon 

He probably told the meddling Director of football to (insert rude words) off as well as many of our fans would like to.

I am sure he did.  But I wonder at the sanity of sacking him last weekend.  Surely they could have sacked him next week.

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Yes its a stupid decision really by Watford; but no the guy is not the messiah.

Let's have some balance here. He's a decent football manager with some fairly major flaws.

We are 4th and have fans calling for our manager's head. Those some people absolutely adore this maniac; who has consistently failed to cut the mustard anywhere since.

I hear what you're saying but we are a different side to Watford. We should be competing for European football whereas Watford should be aiming to stay up. Where Watford were when he took over to where he took them, it's remarkable they still have a chance. 

There is no doubt out fans over exaggerate the form under BR but it has been extreme. Really good first half and average second half of the season. I think that's why the jury is out, rightly or wrongly. It's important to note that super Frank has one more point than us and no one bats an eyelid, as they have been consistently okay throughout the season. 

I agree with the obsession with Pearson. I just think people were sad to see him go, given what he's done for us. The title winning season was a great cushion to the blow, but until he's dismissed for footballing reasons, I don't think the fans will stop calling. It's the same with people wanting MON back. 

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I am sure he did.  But I wonder at the sanity of sacking him last weekend.  Surely they could have sacked him next week.

I quite agree.

It almost gives the players an excuse not and clearly we have a few players and people upstairs tying to do the managers job for him 

Wish him well wherever he goes. You grab whatever decent managerial opportunities come your when you arent a top premier league manager. I dont think forest would be in for him but i also never thought I'd see him managing our belgian brothers.

Makes you wonder though if there could be a non-managerial role for him at city that would suit both of us.

Hope he told the watford bunch to put their heads up the ostrichs arsehole.

22 hours ago, Silva Fox said:

Can see him going to Forest

He was approached before many years ago, but some reason it never happened I think Karanka got the job instead. Any championship job as long as he got Shakey on his side he could do a decent job with. It's also strange his old club Middlesbrough have never considered him.