Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Pearson sacked...

He'll probably be quiet/get told to be quiet for a few months and then explain his side of the story.

He seems a very interesting, albeit a divisive one, character to say the least.

19 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

I’m amazed at everyone’s opinion that Pearson is a good Prem manager.  He’s a good championship manager, but is clearly overwhelmed and out of his element when he moves to the premier league.  I think everyone lets their emotions cloud their judgement, because we owe him a debt for his work here at LCFC. Let the insults begin! :beer:

No insult as you probably cant help talking bellecks!.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I actually want Watford to stay up. Nothing to do with the Pearson sacking but because of the banner their fans brought to our place during those dark days after Vichai's passing. Class. 

... and relegates Villa. 

Good point, forgot about that already.

Dont mind Watford fans, its the guys running the club I dont like. So still hope they go down.

25 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Rubbish! The guy has taken a crap Watford squad from 6 points adrift at the foot of the table, to out of the rele zone, with form that would have have seen them in the top 12 of the league. 

Strongly feel, him and shakey + Walsh would have secured our league win, as the foundations were already set. RANIERI was fantastic, but is the luckiest guy in the world to have inherited the set up and momentum we had at the time! 

He's a builder, he gives players confidence to play well above their standard and creates a family ethos at all the club's he's been to. I bet you can't find any players or managers within the business that will say a bad word about him! 

Watford have clearly ditched him before they have to pay him a bonus for saving them from the drop. I also am reliably informed that safety garunteed him and shakey a new contract.... So to me it appears Watford have conducted some strange rumour and seen him out the door, so they can get in someone else. 

Looks like it's going to be Puel, which to be quite frank, it's a huge step down from Pearson and Shakey! If they survive, Puel will see them down for sure. 

In which case he needs a new solicitor as his employment contract wasn’t very well constructed to protect him !   A clause that said the club couldn’t terminate his employment if it wasn’t in the bottom three (apart from gross misconduct) would have been pretty straightforward. 

Also, your thoughts that we would have won the league under his stewardship is something that cannot be proved/disproved.  

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In which case he needs a new solicitor as his employment contract wasn’t very well constructed to protect him !   A clause that said the club couldn’t terminate his employment if it wasn’t in the bottom three (apart from gross misconduct) would have been pretty straightforward. 

Also, your thoughts that we would have won the league under his stewardship is something that cannot be proved/disproved.  

It can't be, but our form to get out of the rele zone was top 4 form........  

His contract was only until the end of the season anyway..... He would have secured a new contract on safety in the prem. I'm guessing there is such a clause, hense some weird rumour and needing an excuse to see him packing via a conduct dismissal, rather than seeing out his contract. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eblair said:

just watched this again... and i just miss him being my manager

loved him as our manager, love the post-match interviews when he attacked referees and had the incandescent rage. also think he is way more interesting to listen to on life and everything than BR

obvious BR is probably a better manager, but cannot stop the love i have for the man who made me enjoy watching play for football for first time in my life

All valid points. We need BR to come out and slate some of passengers at the minute! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

It can't be, but our form to get out of the rele zone was top 4 form........  

His contract was only until the end of the season anyway..... He would have secured a new contract on safety in the prem. I'm guessing there is such a clause, hense some weird rumour and needing an excuse to see him packing via a conduct dismissal, rather than seeing out his contract. 

Exactly this. When you consider how Pearson got us playing without Oka, Fuchs and Kante, I’m pretty sure we would have won the league with him in charge. And I’m absolutely certain we would have capitalised on our league win under his leadership rather than throwing the opportunity away like we ended up doing.

• Like 2

He seems like Mark Hughes MK2, now.

Doesn't last a while somewhere, but can get the financial benefit of getting sacked which will serve him well for years.

Edited by Wymsey

5 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Rubbish! The guy has taken a crap Watford squad from 6 points adrift at the foot of the table, to out of the rele zone, with form that would have have seen them in the top 12 of the league. 

Strongly feel, him and shakey + Walsh would have secured our league win, as the foundations were already set. RANIERI was fantastic, but is the luckiest guy in the world to have inherited the set up and momentum we had at the time! 

He's a builder, he gives players confidence to play well above their standard and creates a family ethos at all the club's he's been to. I bet you can't find any players or managers within the business that will say a bad word about him! 

Watford have clearly ditched him before they have to pay him a bonus for saving them from the drop. I also am reliably informed that safety garunteed him and shakey a new contract.... So to me it appears Watford have conducted some strange rumour and seen him out the door, so they can get in someone else. 

Looks like it's going to be Puel, which to be quite frank, it's a huge step down from Pearson and Shakey! If they survive, Puel will see them down for sure. 

Ranieri was luckiest?  I’d say he’s a good manager.  Took an absolutely rubbish Sampdoria and turned them around completely.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Second season yes, we nearly got relegated.

I have a lot of respect for what Claudio achieved, he achieved something that no other manager has ever done in our history, but I’m glad he was sacked, as because we looked nailed on to go down, and I wouldn’t have wanted that to taint the season before.

The difference is just because a manager win something once, and has success it doesn’t mean they can’t be a failure, and I still wouldn’t want him back, same when O’Neil was rumoured.

Referring back to Pearson that’s who you are comparing him to, he had success here and league one, and championship, for me that’s his level, a solid championship manager, but what has he achieved since leaving to come back here at the level we are now.

He’s achieved being sacked, and it always seems to be surrounded in controversy, without improving sides.

i have no ill feelings towards Pearson, I don’t care what happens in his career, or any other previous manager or player, I just care about lcfc now.

Pearson’s ego appears to have a big ego, which will keep bringing the same results, allegedly had controversial runnings at Derby and signs non disclosure, signed a non disclosure here allegedly, fell out with the owner and players at Watford allegedly.

Would I want or see a manager like him here, where there always seems to be controversy, on top of the **** off and die, strangling an opposing player, do I think he has the ability to progress us from where we are now, no to all in my opinion.

Back to my original statement, taking all this into account, if anyone serious wants Pearson to replace Rodgers or even comes back, wants it for the love of Pearson not the club 

Highlighted bit is just objectively wrong. How can you say he didn't improve Watford? 

38 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Ranieri was luckiest?  I’d say he’s a good manager.  Took an absolutely rubbish Sampdoria and turned them around completely.  

Really hope it continues with Claudio. Seems to have a habit of kick-starting teams into incredible runs of form and then it going very bad, very quick. 

4 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Exactly this. When you consider how Pearson got us playing without Oka, Fuchs and Kante, I’m pretty sure we would have won the league with him in charge. And I’m absolutely certain we would have capitalised on our league win under his leadership rather than throwing the opportunity away like we ended up doing.

Usually agree with everything you have to say on NP however will disagree with first part. I think it's unlikely we'd have win the league under him. I don't think he would have been as adept at taking pressure off the players and creating as relaxed an atmosphere as Ranieiri was. Which was key when we got into uncharted territory. Also Ranieiris defensive style played into our hands as the season progressed.

However I think a top 6 finish would have been likely under Nige and probably another one the following season with some funds to add more players. Controversial opinion but if we'd kept him on all this time I think we'd be in just a good position as we are now if not even a little better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One can speculate with hindsight and say confidently that 'had Pearson remained, then x would have probably happened', but it counts for nought. One simply cannot base a strong argument around what might or might not have happened if x did y, and it also ignores the butterfly effect too.

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Anyway: we can all agree that whether or not NP would have won the league he is a god and an idol and should be given the freedom of the city of Leicester.

Bow down to the King of Kings. :worship: :pearson: :worship:

Can we? Ok then, thanks for telling me I agree :) 

• Like 1

For all Nige’s hard man bravado, he can come across with extreme anxiety at times. He sort of argues with what a question from the media ‘might be’ construing. Case in point that video above, goes on to argue with himself and justify why he ‘keeps it in the dressing room’.

Under an owner who isn’t very communicative and sneaky like the Pozzos, I can see why it’s turned out the way it has.

The guy was always fantastic at siege mentality. Problem is you can’t do that against your own owners!