Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Maddison has surgery; new contract latest

39 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well if he's had a poor season, I can't wait to see a good one. 

He's been an absolute joy to watch and what's more, he comes across as a lad who loves what he does. 

26 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

There’s no other reason. How anyone can say he’s had a poor season is beyond me

6 goals 3 assists in 31 games isn't exactly amazing IMO (he takes our set pieces too), but if he's been carrying an injury then it explains why he's tailed off. Plus he's been in the side when we've had this horrendous run of form, hasn't really played well throughout that run.

He gets talked about on here like a 100 million pound player, with everyone saying how much better he was than Grealish a few months back, he's not, he's currently a good young player, with potential. He's missed quite a few chances this season too. There's no reason he can't improve next season though.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Stats aren’t everything mate, I know they can be used to paint a decent picture but Maddison was playing as a 10 last season and as an 8 more often this season, so further away from the goal - his goal contributions could probably have been a bit higher if he played a bit further forward, but quite frankly, he’s the heartbeat of our side. 

Still a good player don't get me wrong, I just don't think he's been THAT good, which shows how much I rate him because I think he can be a lot better.

However a new contract is excellent news, whether you think he's had a poor season or not:D

57 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I have been taken aback by how anti-Maddison some of our 'fans' are. I can only assume it's to do with non-football matters, quite frankly.

Its weird. He is a technically superb player. A very integral part of our style and success. 

His critics say he's only bad 3 assists this season hence he's been poor but IMO his overall play has been good. He has often dropped deeper and dictated our play and rhythm - and his chance creations are still good.

Harvey Barnes has had 6 assists this season, double that of Maddison, but can anyone say Barnes has been twice the player Maddison has? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Seems cheap this !!! He needs a new agent Manure would have laid him £130+ all day long 

If these figures are true that’s an outstanding piece of business 

Cheap? For us it's expensive, he is our third highest paid player... He knows as long as he stays here, there will be a limit to how much he can get paid without us breaking our wage structure.

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Cheap? For us it's expensive, he is our third highest paid player... He knows as long as he stays here, there will be a limit to how much he can get paid without us breaking our wage structure.

How awful, only earning £95k a week, eh? Tough gig...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't even get the non football matters dislike

He's a young lad having fun in his rate downtime. 

Silly rucksacks, outlandish t shirts, photos with rappers.... it's all a bit tongue in cheek. Just giggles. How can anyone offended, other than jealousy?

People expect Footballers to be perfectly behaved robots but then complain that they are perfectly behaved robots.

He’s a young lad doing what he loves and making the most of it. The hate him and Chilwell get over their personal lives is over the top. If the lad was out boozing before games and not training properly then its fair game but he isn’t so people just need to lay off.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Slab Edd said:

He has the same number of assists as demari Gray. That is not a good season

Jesus. He'll want better numbers but football is more than just stats. He was fantastic up until Christmas, I'd have had him in our top 3/4 players of the season at that point.

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Jesus. He'll want better numbers but football is more than just stats. He was fantastic up until Christmas, I'd have had him in our top 3/4 players of the season at that point.

I'd say my one complaint from him this season is that he has an incredibly poor shot to goal ratio because if you gave him a half chance from the halfway line he'd take it, and that's evidenced by his poor assist record this season

On 22/07/2020 at 19:09, Hales said:

That's not good, no wonder so many are off now injured! Managing with pain killers especially  injections is not a great situation to be in. Aggravating injuries to the point of needing operations is not really acceptable man management...

I had a horrible feeling during December just before the Everton game, but if playing the same team week in week out brings you results which it did, who are we to knock it hindsight is a wonderful thing, no doubt if BR had known lockdown would last over 3 months, some of these surgeries could possibly have been done within that time if needed.

Why is it signed by The Athletic :ph34r:?

Glad he's signed. Way too under-appreciated by some of our fans judging by this thread. I feel like some fans won't settle unless we have a team of superstars that is only possibly if it was an edited squad made on FIFA.