Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Guest StevieLynex
5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The disrespect Iheanacho gets is shocking. Bamford is no where near his level.

Ok, Jimenez for Iheanacho

16 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Hope Brendan is watching the Wolves v Leeds match, to earmark a few of the players for our squad next season, starting with Neto

Wonderful talent.  Who is less than three months into a new contract running to June 2025.  Playing alongside fellow Portugal internationals for a Portuguese coach.

What on earth makes you think we could get him next season?

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, KingsX said:

Wonderful talent.  Who is less than three months into a new contract running to June 2025.  Playing alongside fellow Portugal internationals for a Portuguese coach.

What on earth makes you think we could get him next season?

Who would have thought that we would sign Tielemans

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

What always makes me laugh about Neves is when commentators go on about his long shots, must happen 5 times a match. I struggle to recall him scoring one in about 3 years despite him trying 5 times a match. 

Bit like them being surprised everytime Harry Kane misses, even though he misses numerous times a match.

Neves is a tidy midfielder, but does live a bit of a few spectacular goals he scored a couple of years back. I read a stat last year that may have changed slightly now, but was along the lines of he'd touched the ball 7 times in the opposition penalty area, and 6 of those were penalties. I'd like to see him breaking into the box a little more.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Offside very close. Great finish from Bamford though.

Nacho almost did the same when we played them a few weeks agolol

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Bit like them being surprised everytime Harry Kane misses, even though he misses numerous times a match.

Never is a tidy midfielder, but does live a bit of a few spectacular goals he scored a couple of years back. I read a stat last year that may have changed slightly now, but was along the lines of he'd touched the ball 7 times in the opposition penalty area, and 6 of those were penalties. I'd like to see him breaking into the box a little more.

It reminds me more of the commentators saying how dangerous Maddison is from set pieces. It's just a few years out of date.

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, peach0000 said:

It reminds me more of the commentators saying how dangerous Maddison is from set pieces. It's just a few years out of date.

Not so long ago they were saying that Trent A-A was one of the best right backs in the world and that Chilwell would improve Chelsea's defence

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'd consider that. Short term its an excellent swap, but Jimenez is getting on a bit now.

Jiminez isn't moving anywhere for a while. He's got a long road back, if he every does play again, and no team is gonna touch him until he has a good season of playing again under his belt.

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, murphy said:

The difference is that it wasn't working out for Tielemans at Monaco.

Is it working out for Neto at Wolves, a mid-table Premier League side compared with a move to the Foxes playing in the Champions League

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Jiminez isn't moving anywhere for a while. He's got a long road back, if he every does play again, and no team is gonna touch him until he has a good season of playing again under his belt.

True, it would be very high risk. I was surprised to hear that wolves are saying that he's near a return. I mean I'm sure the doctors and medical professionals aren't take chances but it does seem very quick. 

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Why would Wolves sell anyone to us? Sent Ryan Bennett to take the p*** lol

If players want to leave it's very hard to stop them. I can see why a wolves player would want to leave for Leicester. That being said, we won't sign a wolves player because of the cost involved but if we wanted to I'm in no doubt it would be possible.

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

If players want to leave it's very hard to stop them. I can see why a wolves player would want to leave for Leicester. That being said, we won't sign a wolves player because of the cost involved but if we wanted to I'm in no doubt it would be possible.

Perhaps we ought to sign Jorge Mendes - that would ensure that they all came across to us

5 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Is it working out for Neto at Wolves, a mid-table Premier League side compared with a move to the Foxes playing in the Champions League

To be 20 years old, in the cocoon of a club full of your countrymen (including the manager), and establishing yourself as a star and first name on the team sheet?

Yeah, it's working out.  lol

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Bringing his absurd political ignorance into it isn't clever either.

Politics is a choice though isn’t it? I am quite happy to call myself a leftie. People are more than welcome to challenge left wing politics.  It’s an opinion. As much as a nonsense is labelling ‘weakness’ as a left tendency. 

Psychology is a science and study of how humans behave. An awful lot of that is not a choice. It’s proven fact. 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, KingsX said:

To be 20 years old, in the cocoon of a club full of your countrymen (including the manager), and establishing yourself as a star and first name on the team sheet?

Yeah, it's working out.  lol

What is the relevance of being in a team 'full of your countrymen'?

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Politics is a choice though isn’t it? I am quite happy to call myself a leftie. People are more than welcome to challenge left wing politics.  It’s an opinion. As much as a nonsense is labelling ‘weakness’ as a left tendency. 

Psychology is a science and study of how humans behave. An awful lot of that is not a choice. It’s proven fact. 

But it has absolutely no place here, whatsoever. It's standard ignorant pub bs, and utterly irrelevant.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

@The Bear  has neves’ form dropped off as much as it seems ??. 

4 goals in his last 10 games.... 

He's been playing quite well recently. He just doesn't score as many long rangers as he used to. People forget he's a defensive holding midfielder. He just has a very good range of passing and a good shot on him. 

Edited by The Bear

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

What is the relevance of being in a team 'full of your countrymen'?

I imagine as a 19-year-old moving to a new country, working alongside people with whom you share a language and presumably a lot of cultural similarties is a big positive. I don't think he'd be in any real hurry to come here, nor could we afford him.

• Like 1