Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

17 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It's kind of depressing for the competitiveness of the league that a solid top half team is brushed aside so easily on their home ground like this by Man City.

Everton are crap. They struggle to put 5 passes together. Their third pass is a hoof up to their striker. Terrivle side.

We play MCFC at home on 3rd April. They will probably beat is but we will likely give then a game.

Great result for us tonight.

• Like 1

To echo what others have said - that's a great result for us. Let's be realistic - if we can maintain our momentum and put pressure on Man City, excellent, and every point is another feather in our cap if we want to be taken seriously as a team vying to become established in the upper echelons of the PL. But realistically, the goal is top four. We took another nice step towards that tonight - even if the toffees win that game in hand, it puts them 6 behind us with 14 games left.

Everton's goal difference is pathetic for a team up at the top too - unsurprising given the anti-football they play - so, if we somehow ended up level on points, I'm confident we'd pip them on that basis (or on goals scored for that matter) before the head-to-head rule would come into play and knacker us. It says more about our own weakness against 11-behind-the-ball, negative teams than Everton's quality that they managed 4 out of 6 points against us this year.

EDIT - also, just realised that we're 1 point and 2 Sheffield United losses away from being able to start the "Teams That Can't Catch Us" thread for this season. :scarf:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Koke said:

Everton are crap. They struggle to put 5 passes together. Their third pass is a hoof up to their striker. Terrivle side.

We play MCFC at home on 3rd April. They will probably beat is but we will likely give then a game.

Great result for us tonight.

Surely if Everton are crap, we arent in any danger, so it would of been better if they had won tonight...:bounce:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

What are uefa smoking? There is zero interest in europa conference leauge. Its a competition no one asked for.

It’s a competition which gives countries with no big television deal a realistic chance of European silverware whilst also giving smaller nations the opportunity to have their clubs play European football past August. 

Yeah it’s like a Mitropa/Latin/Intertoto Cup but it serves a purpose, albeit not for the bigger nations. UEFA won’t be making an awful lot because the TV deals will be tiny and hosting of finals is going to be in the likes of Albania. 

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Nobody is catching Man City now the form they are in. For us to catch them, they would need to lose 3 and draw 1 of their remaining 14 games and us win every game. They've only lost twice all season and whilst I think they will draw the odd game between now and the end of the season, I dont see them losing too many. Also worth remembering they have hit this run of form with KDB being injured, so they will only get better when he returns. 

Our focus is Man Utd and the teams below us. We could easily finish 2nd but we could also finish 10th it is so close at the moment, and we also have to remember that other than the "big 6" all the others dont have European games to contend with. The Villa game is huge and a win would really put is in a strong position for top 4. 

I'm starting to wonder if that's the case. They seem to do better without him.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Ideal weekend, we beat Villa, Liverpool beat Everton, and West Ham either draw or even beat Spurs. Little gap for the top 6 will do nicely.

Can I get greedy and ask for Southampton to take points from Chelsea and Man United to balls up at home to Newcastle too?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Ideal weekend, we beat Villa, Liverpool beat Everton, and West Ham either draw or even beat Spurs. Little gap for the top 6 will do nicely.

No. Ideal weekend would be we win, Liverpool drop points and West Ham spurs draw.

We don’t want Liverpool or Chelsea winning games, we want CL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Surely an Everton win or draw would be better. Liverpool are a far bigger threat to our league position than Everton...

• Like 2

See Mahrez at it again ! Man City are long gone into the distance .All we have to do is keep putting the 3 points on the Villas and the like .Man U and Liverpool will still have some off days second could be on .I used to say to my sporty daughter that second was last but in this situation Id change that

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

We need to be aiming for top4, everton beating liverpool and spurs winning/drawing gives us a 6 point gap to 5th place.

I still think top 4 is quite an ask for us and it also means we'd draw a tough group.

Would I be disappointed with top 6? Not at all. Yes, top 4 would be amazing but with West Ham up there, it means that one of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs lose out of Europe altogether.

It'd be funny just to see an already in debt Spurs not able to have european games for when fans actually come back

16 hours ago, Rain King said:

It was, I'm sure Tigers were considered the dominant party too.

Remember seeing mock ups in the paper of the stadium being coloured half green and half blue 🤮

Football and rugby ground shares never work as we've seen with wasps and cov city. I think sometimes its comes down to a snobbery thing. To be fair Leicester city and tigers have always had a good relationship but I think it would been so different with a ground share.

We ruined Chelsea too soon. Why couldn’t we have kept it close and let lampard claw onto the job for a few more weeks :angry:

It’s a much harder task to finish in the top 4 this season than last season. As Liverpool showed last night they might drop the odd result but the quality is still there. 

my guess would be it will come down to united or us..... again