Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

14 games to go.  On current form the top 4 will be Man City, Man U, us and either Chelsea or West Ham.  It's in our hands (again) but for us, 9 wins and 5 defeats gets us 73 points.  All the other teams down to Spurs would need a massive upturn in form to get that.  Liverpool, for example would need to win 11 out of their next 14 games and I just don't see them going on that sort of run.

35 minutes ago, nnfox said:

14 games to go.  On current form the top 4 will be Man City, Man U, us and either Chelsea or West Ham.  It's in our hands (again) but for us, 9 wins and 5 defeats gets us 73 points.  All the other teams down to Spurs would need a massive upturn in form to get that.  Liverpool, for example would need to win 11 out of their next 14 games and I just don't see them going on that sort of run.

I’m afraid I think Liverpool will be up there tbf 

I'm still hoping for United to go on a sticky run of bad form. Other than Bruno I don't rate them as an outfit at all. I'd love to hear some team like PSG, Barca, Real start making enquires in buying him. Pogba gets annoyed his name isn't being mentioned. Stir it up a bit. Get injured before we play them in the FA cup. Maguire's face after Vardy skins him and runs through to score. They'll probably thrash us, starting with a Bruno pen', but I can dream.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

I'm still hoping for United to go on a sticky run of bad form. Other than Bruno I don't rate them as an outfit at all. I'd love to hear some team like PSG, Barca, Real start making enquires in buying him. Pogba gets annoyed his name isn't being mentioned. Stir it up a bit. Get injured before we play them in the FA cup. Maguire's face after Vardy skins him and runs through to score. They'll probably thrash us, starting with a Bruno pen', but I can dream.    

Man City would be more helpful give everyone else a chance to win the title not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Such exciting premier league this season but sadly no fans in the stadium to enjoy. The other missing to the premier league theres no proper relegation scrap. The bottom three have practically all gone.

Fulham's next couple of games are winnable while I can see NUFC losing. That will drag NUFC into the relegation zone just before their WBA game (I'm pretty sure it's WBA). WBA and SU have gone imo but Fulham just need to find goals and they could fight their way out. NUFC really need to watch their backs imo. 

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Such exciting premier league this season but sadly no fans in the stadium to enjoy. The other missing to the premier league theres no proper relegation scrap. The bottom three have practically all gone.

no relegation scrap or title race. really exciting....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

no relegation scrap or title race. really exciting....

Leicester in the top four, liverpool struggling, about nearly all the top ten with a chance of champions league football, not exciting?

Edited by Leicesterpool

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Leicester in the top four, liverpool struggling, about nearly all the top ten with a chance of champions league football, not exciting?

Enjoy it whilst you can when the top 4 + 2 historicals are set for the CL we'll be asking why we bother?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Villa game moved to 2.05pm for scheduling reasons.

Not heard of that before? What do Sky have on before our game that might overrun? 

Spurs v West Ham kicks off at 12, I guess they thought the timings were tight?

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Spurs v West Ham kicks off at 12, I guess they thought the timings were tight?

Sky is preparing for the three red cards (one WHU, two Spurs), one glancing head injury (boot to forehead, no significant damage but heavy bleeding), two penalty shots, and massive Mourinho protests to the refs plus him being sent off.

Ten minutes of stoppage time in the second half.

2 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

I’m afraid I think Liverpool will be up there tbf 

For sure Liverpool's form will improve, but we are drawing to the closing stages.  14 games to go.  Mistakes now are more difficult to rectify.

IF we win 9 games of football then we get 73 points.  I think 73 points will be good enough.  Presuming Man City win the league, then if there are three other teams that get 73 points then fair play and it wasn't meant to be.

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Football and rugby ground shares never work as we've seen with wasps and cov city. I think sometimes its comes down to a snobbery thing. To be fair Leicester city and tigers have always had a good relationship but I think it would been so different with a ground share.

What about Wigan, Hull and Bristol they have worked a ground share for years 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I honestly believe Fulham still have a chance.

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Villa game moved to 2.05pm for scheduling reasons.

Not heard of that before? What do Sky have on before our game that might overrun? 

Was surprised to see it at 2pm originally anyway as the times have been this season 12pm 2:15pm 4:30pm and 7pm on a Sunday