Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

For me, on current hand ball standards, that’s a penalty!

Hands not in an unnatural position? Not making himself big? He’s put his hands in front of his body and made himself bigger. 

I’m not saying I like it but, on current rules, it’s a penalty 

On replay his hands in line with his body and not expanding his body shape. Also takes a knock off of a player prior, which they usually class as not a handball 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

On replay his hands in line with his body and not expanding his body shape. Also takes a knock off of a player prior, which they usually class as not a handball 

I kind of disagree because I think his hands are only there to protect the ball from the Wolves player. 

It would have been interesting to see if VAR overruled it if it had been given 

Edited by Jobyfox

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Was that stat about Traore not having a goal or assist this season? Considering how much he's raved about, that is an awful return 

Yep - take out last season and he's very, very average. All power and no precision.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Wolves have probably missed their chance to cash in on him after all that hype last season

His big hype moment was the summer just gone, could've got decent money for him then. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep - take out last season and he's very, very average. All power and no precision.

Almost a Jeff Schlupp on steroids. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Traore has 5 goals and 14 assists in 120 PL games.

4 of those goals, and 9 of those assists, came last season :unsure:

His advocates will say "he takes opposition players out of the game" as if that isn't a pre-requisite for being a winger.

He's rubbish (he'll score now).

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

His advocates will say "he takes opposition players out of the game" as if that isn't a pre-requisite for being a winger.

He's rubbish (he'll score now).

An opinion as useful as what Peter Walton offers on these BT live games.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Doesn't seem too long ago that many people on here were envious of Wolves and rated them higher than us. We've come on leaps and bounds whereas they seem to be on the decline

Yeah they've gone a bit stale and losing Jimenez obviously takes out a huge chunk of their quality.

They'll be safe as they're still far better than some of the dross further down the table but maybe they need someone with fresher ideas than Nuno...

Just now, StanSP said:

Yeah they've gone a bit stale and losing Jimenez obviously takes out a huge chunk of their quality.

They'll be safe as they're still far better than some of the dross further down the table but maybe they need someone with fresher ideas than Nuno...

Yeah maybe. He's a good manager and wolves are a decent side but sometimes as you say things just go stale