urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

In an attempt to have a dig ar Klopp , Clattenburg casually admitted that United under Ferguson used to get favourable decisions. Mental tbh. He basically validates all the theories that opposition trams would get nothing at Old Trafford. One crazy decision I remember was the Nani goal against Spurs. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Koke said:

In an attempt to have a dig ar Klopp , Clattenburg casually admitted that United under Ferguson used to get favourable decisions. Mental tbh. He basically validates all the theories that opposition trams would get nothing at Old Trafford. One crazy decision I remember was the Nani goal against Spurs. 

Eased maybe, I listened to the radio commentary, Man U v Burnley, The commentators ignored Luke Shaw's tackle totally and then when Mcguire's goal followed and presumably following Burnley protests reluctantly it seemed ,it was looked at.Then they wondered if Shaw would be red carded. Since then I've seen it and he should have been IMO. And McGuire's goal was disallowed rightly IMO. In Scotland for years Rangers were favoured disgracefully IMO. I live there but I'm not Catholic.

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

Clattenburg admits to referee bias towards Man Utd

But then, almost as an afterthought, in an attempt to evidence his assertions, Clattenburg outright admitted that referees were biased towards Manchester United, particularly in Sir Alex Ferguson’s era at Old Trafford..

Don’t worry though, that bias has “eased”…

“He is wrong to suggest there is an aura around United that sees them given favourable decision. 

There used to be when Fergie was there, but that has eased massively since he left.

I am the only referee to give three penalties to the opposition at Old Trafford, and that was for Liverpool, of all teams, in 2014.

Referees are ****ing *****. How on earth in a job where you are paid (well) to be impartial and under intense scrutiny can you favour a team? Is this institutional directed by the PL due to payoffs and pressure from the biggest clubs? Or is it just referees being pathetic weak minded worms? The mind boggles. All I can say is this shit doesn't seem to happen in World Cups where there must be strong temptations for reasons of political, geographical bias etc 

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

The man needs to keep his mouth shut. Some of the crap he has started to come out with to sell papers and space is poor 

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Referees are ****ing *****. How on earth in a job where you are paid (well) to be impartial and under intense scrutiny can you favour a team? Is this institutional directed by the PL due to payoffs and pressure from the biggest clubs? Or is it just referees being pathetic weak minded worms? The mind boggles. All I can say is this shit doesn't seem to happen in World Cups where there must be strong temptations for reasons of political, geographical bias etc 

Are you having a laugh? Did you not watch the 2002 World Cup? That South Korea vs Italy game was the most disgustly bent-reffing I've ever seen. It was absolutely shameless.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Koke said:

The Muzzie penalty at OT was probably the most blatant ever cheating by a ref in the Premier.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Are you having a laugh? Did you not watch the 2002 World Cup? That South Korea vs Italy game was the most disgustly bent-reffing I've ever seen. It was absolutely shameless.

Host countries have always been the beneficiaries of suspect officiating throughout the history of major tournaments. It's one of the perks of being the host. Even England benefited in '66 and Euro 96.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Koke said:

Clattenburg admits to referee bias towards Man Utd

But then, almost as an afterthought, in an attempt to evidence his assertions, Clattenburg outright admitted that referees were biased towards Manchester United, particularly in Sir Alex Ferguson’s era at Old Trafford..

Don’t worry though, that bias has “eased”…

“He is wrong to suggest there is an aura around United that sees them given favourable decision. 

There used to be when Fergie was there, but that has eased massively since he left.

I am the only referee to give three penalties to the opposition at Old Trafford, and that was for Liverpool, of all teams, in 2014.

Who does he think he's kidding lol 

All just to protect the current crop really. I'm sure somebody will come out and say similar about this era.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Who does he think he's kidding lol 

All just to protect the current crop really. I'm sure somebody will come out and say similar about this era.

Already have haven't they, with the guy that said we can't have too many Leicester City's? 

Anybody who has played football at any level knows what kind of people refs are. You get the odd good one, but in the main they are life’s losers with chips on both shoulders. They are weak by definition and bend far to easily. 

Clattenburg was a decent referee, part of me thinks he just comes out with these comments for a bit of current attention seeking. Bit like his comments when reffing that Chelsea v Spurs match.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Anybody who has played football at any level knows what kind of people refs are. You get the odd good one, but in the main they are life’s losers with chips on both shoulders. They are weak by definition and bend far to easily. 

Collina was the best referee there ever was.  :thumbup:

13 hours ago, deep blue said:

The Muzzie penalty at OT was probably the most blatant ever cheating by a ref in the Premier.

Just about to post that. 

The ref even warned Barthez that's what would happen. When it did he reneged and allowed Man U to get away with blatant cheating. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Already have haven't they, with the guy that said we can't have too many Leicester City's? 

Oh yeah. 

Someone on here posted about Scudamore on the day of the trophy being arsey with fans. He didn't take kindly to us winning it. Which is amazing to believe because it lifted the global status of the league. Rather a big team win it than enhancing the appeal.