Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Reported in the Mail today that footballers might get a visit from PC Plod enquiring about their haircut's being super immaculate at a time all salons are closed. Time to bring back the mullet. Picture is of a former LC manager.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

Reported in the Mail today that footballers might get a visit from PC Plod enquiring about their haircut's being super immaculate at a time all salons are closed. Time to bring back the mullet. Picture is of a former LC manager.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Nalis
Initial post a bit harsh
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Sheff Utd and WBA are gone for me. The final place is anybody's but this year I just feel Brighton's luck may be out

Too early, even for the blades....

This season still hasn t settled or found yet any traditional season trend....

i must admit of the 5-6 Teams in the basement These 2 look like write-ins, but anybody could have a fair run,while others dive...

Come March, still might not give any obvious candidates...Or it might be signed Sealed & delivered, for first of the last...

• Like 1

Don't think I've seen a more out of touch post than this in a while. Always pointing fingers at others to push blame. Footballers live the high life, the "but they did it too" mentality doesn't sit well with me.

Edit: 

He added 2 more tweets following on from this: 

Don't think this does him any good tbh. He's chosen 2 footballers who have done a lot of good, to almost balance out the number of players mixing, having parties, drink driving etc.

The actions of Rashford don't suddenly fix Maguire fighting a copper in Greece. Same as Henderson's actions don't suddenly make us forget Kyle Walker's sex parties or the Spurs players families having gatherings.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bazly said:

The top of the table is starting to look very familiar.

Yes and no,..but we are talking about whos fighting off the Demons & who could Fall to to the Gremlins, in the Bottom half....

Top could still have some suprises, 

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes and no,..but we are talking about whos fighting off the Demons & who could Fall to to the Gremlins, in the Bottom half....

Top could still have some suprises, 

Their will be zero surprises come the end of the year, what with VAR favouring you know who every week

this season come 38 games in will be as predictable as ever

44 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't think I've seen a more out of touch post than this in a while. Always pointing fingers at others to push blame. Footballers live the high life, the "but they did it too" mentality doesn't sit well with me.

Edit: 

He added 2 more tweets following on from this: 

Don't think this does him any good tbh. He's chosen 2 footballers who have done a lot of good, to almost balance out the number of players mixing, having parties, drink driving etc.

The actions of Rashford don't suddenly fix Maguire fighting a copper in Greece. Same as Henderson's actions don't suddenly make us forget Kyle Walker's sex parties or the Spurs players families having gatherings.

He’s obviously not condoning their behaviour or trying to level things out he’s just making the point that footballers do get targeted by the media and all the sun/daily mail muppets that read it and he thinks they shouldn’t, because majority of people in UK have broken the rules too. That’s my interpretation of it anyway.

What he fails to take into account is the nature of the job and that everything is in the media + scrutinised. Eg Kyle Walker having a sex party is obviously going to be reported and slated publicly whereas Julie nipping round her sisters for a cuppa isn’t.

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s obviously not condoning their behaviour or trying to level things out he’s just making the point that footballers do get targeted by the media and all the sun/daily mail muppets that read it and he thinks they shouldn’t, because majority of people in UK have broken the rules too. That’s my interpretation of it anyway.

What he fails to take into account is the nature of the job and that everything is in the media + scrutinised. Eg Kyle Walker having a sex party is obviously going to be reported and slated publicly whereas Julie nipping round her sisters for a cuppa isn’t.

That's a fair way to look at it, and maybe how he intended it. But for me it does just look like a person who was pushing blame elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Where has all this footballers are being targeted bullshit come from? Mainly from ex-players to be fair. They've been asked to tone down the celebrations a bit for time being, that is all. 

Tbf they have been targeted at times, especially with the pay cut aspect. But at other times a lot or criticism has been fair. 

5 hours ago, Bazly said:

Capture.JPG

I thought that was why footballers generally married hairdressers?