Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

18 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't think I've seen a more out of touch post than this in a while. Always pointing fingers at others to push blame. Footballers live the high life, the "but they did it too" mentality doesn't sit well with me.

Edit: 

He added 2 more tweets following on from this: 

Don't think this does him any good tbh. He's chosen 2 footballers who have done a lot of good, to almost balance out the number of players mixing, having parties, drink driving etc.

The actions of Rashford don't suddenly fix Maguire fighting a copper in Greece. Same as Henderson's actions don't suddenly make us forget Kyle Walker's sex parties or the Spurs players families having gatherings.

I reckon you should Step back a little...Hes a well known ex-footballer, he just putting his points forward on a game he loves and gave him a Top  career.. 

I could be facetious & say...look at joe public, despite all the selfish willy pullers ignoring the pandemic, and contemptious disregard for society needs and just for 2 months drop their immature macho conspiracy arguments for the sake of all our futures...

Its still The Good guys/gals that wont be remembered because our species wont have a Future  " In reality there is no Good guys/gals"  We are all taking Short Cuts & ignoring the Basic needs to totally contains this virus....At present the nihilists have taken over the Mother-earth  crazy House, and fighting to scrape in a last holiday, or that last Binge with their mates or family..!!

A small opinion on a pastime that still isnt followed or has no interest to the majority of People on this planet...

Opinions either Side  are so insignificant..

its the Politicians, society-spokespersons & Media in this species most chronic-time,

who should get Off the shit of total irrelevant ,Nonsense point scoring, by delibrately chastising organisations that have no sway on the outcome of this period in our species history...and start to organise, lead & Take up their real responsibilities....And Face up to the Virus and look for more possible soluttions and platforms to Adresse this Virus spread...

My Grouse is Not the small Or large components within our society...

but I expect the elected leaders, their Social /Scientist qualified Advisory ( Not wet drips ,useless nonentities like Cummins) start to accept that even the vaccines will not be the answer, to our long drawn out future Or indeed immediate future...

I Hope they discuss and have prepared themselves for any new developements,

or Lack of progress... Again it seem Admin , red-tape is getting in the Way of getting the simples of things moving...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sly said:

Arsenal have made some questionable purchases. 

I know the fans wanted Wenger out, I bet most of them rue the day he left now. 

He started the rot. He started the culture of signing elaborate show ponies with no bollocks or bottle. The current team is his legacy even now. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Social distancing during goal celebrations? Ridiculous.

They can train together, share a bus together, bunk together, eat together, sit in the changing rooms together and stand together pre-match, but celebrating together after a goal is a step too far.

Makes zero sense.

If you think it makes zero sense they’ve introduced it in rugby union after scoring a try. I struggle to recall something as ridiculous 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

If you think it makes zero sense they’ve introduced it in rugby union after scoring a try. I struggle to recall something as ridiculous 😂

Score a try at Welford road, and then have to celebrate it in Morrisons the Odeon's carpark? :P   (I just realised there's a cinema there too, so should be empty enough for celebration atm? ;) ) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They can train together, share a bus together, bunk together, eat together, sit in the changing rooms together and stand together pre-match, but celebrating together after a goal is a step too far.

Makes zero sense.

It just confirms that many are out there to spread as much misery as they possibly can. Not even discrete at this point. It changes literally nothing how they celebrate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He started the rot. He started the culture of signing elaborate show ponies with no bollocks or bottle. The current team is his legacy even now. 

I Dont know if that was, Wenger choosing the individual,they of all clubs would have had a Recruitment Management Team in place...

Plus because of the New stadium, Timing of Funds und amount,would of Left bis hands tied...

Make no mistake, I Doubt there has been a PL manager in the last 15 years,that has Chased the needed players available in the Transfer market..I

I would Way they are asked,und suggestions Listener to, Bit that demanding authority, was taken Away years ago...!!

Since the 60s, I Never liked Arsenal Nor Forest..but Cloughie then Wenger,

created Teams that IMO One just couldnt dislike,even if you would Never support them..

Wenger was a Great PL  manager he had his success & eras....Wengerism just couldnt Take the Next group of players any  further.

Hes done/created more than most...just couldnt get any of his glory-teams, to reach out and Grab the European Holy grail....

He had his time, neither the new players, Not following managers, could Live up to the positive Legacy he Left behind...

After some wayward ,poor decisions at Manunited, I See & understand what potential Ole & Lampard at Chelsea

have to rekindle those clubs successful eras..  Arteta has to come from further back ,the Arsenal fans have to have patience...

Firstly stop playing the entitled card...

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Makes zero sense.

Just politicians & media-crankies,who have no other Platform to climb...

Totally oblivious to life's realities....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Makes zero sense.

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Read the rest of what I put. These lads sit on the same coach, sleep in the same rooms, sit in the changing rooms together, constantly touch each other on set pieces as well as multiple other scenarios.

all true but honestly, they don’t need to hug each other ...... and players running over thirty yards to do that simply have no excuse that they were spontaneously caught up in the emotion  ...... it’s not necessarily the risk of transmission (although it seems ings played against liverpool whilst infectious) but the image it gives out to the wider public at a time when .........

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It just confirms that many are out there to spread as much misery as they possibly can. Not even discrete at this point. It changes literally nothing how they celebrate.

While I agree on its own it literally changes nothing. They're heavily tested. They're in clubs that have to follow strict rules (as long as they keep to those rules). The problem IMO is "messaging". It's why seeing a team celebrate in the dressing room ISN'T a good look and didn't sit well with me. While most of us will see it for what it is, many will see it as another green light to continue not taking this pandemic seriously. The same people who rushed to Anfield to celebrate their title win. Or same fans who congregated into crowds to see Crowley, Chorley after the FA cup... "We are in it together" means just that.

Owen has a cheek imo to keep pointing at Rashford and Henderson like that justifies anything. Football attempted to put people back into stadiums not that long ago. Slow clap for the PL. Football 100% has a part to play in the situation we're seeing now. It's mad. Owen like all the pundits applauded the return of fans in the middle of a pandemic as the infection rates were accelerating. Owen should take a look at himself. Politicians (who I generally can't stand) have been fighting to keep football going even while logic and every other sport shutting down suggests it should take a break. So is it really that hard for them to just follow the rules we all have to follow. I'm not a fan of Harry Kane but he was on point with everything he said. He sounded like the adult in the room while Pep and co' seemingly feel footballers are children that can't control themselves. Moyes saying "Don't pick on footballers" when they break coronavirus rules, like WTF! They are insanely wealthy people given the privilege to continue playing/working they should be held at  HIGHER STANDERD not a lower one than the rest of us.  

• Like 1

This goal celebration thing is only being raised because a lot of the public have moaned about it, it's why a lot of decisions and back peddling are made by governments and organisations and all too often it's not the majority complaining. These days just a few social media wannabees who get shared by people not wanting to offend their many 'friends'

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

While OGS is at Manchester United, and Arteta is at arsenal I’m happy, yes Man U finished above last season but I really think both managers are out there depth, long may they continue 

I think OGS is really underrated as a manager. Mourinho, Van Gaal tried to change too much and imprint a rigid, tactical style of play which just didn't fit their players.

OGS has realised that the players they have fit the counter attacking style and then added players like Wan Bissaka, Fernandes and Maguire who have improved them and fit their style. Granted they've spent huge amounts but so did the managers before him and they've only gone backwards. 

Just been listening to TalkSport and heard Jim White discussing the Liverpool v Man U match this Sunday. Calling it a "Cup Final" like it is a title decider as if no other team is involved in the title race. Unbelievable hype when you consider how tight it is at the top of the table.

@UpTheLeagueFox have a word please.

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

Just been listening to TalkSport and heard Jim White discussing the Liverpool v Man U match this Sunday. Calling it a "Cup Final" like it is a title decider as if no other team is involved in the title race. Unbelievable hype when you consider how tight it is at the top of the table.

Now you're talking about it on a forum - 1-0 Jim White :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

Same on Sky with Pogba's goal being shown every 5mins (exaggeration) but it feels like that.

No celebrations between players who don’t have the virus?? lol

They’ve not banned all the players gathering at corners around the keeper, or lining up for a wall. There are more players who are closer together in these situations. They’ll be no enjoyment left in the game soon.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Rat face has got Player of the Month again. 

Am I the only one that is constantly unimpressed when I watch him play? He was awful against Burnley.

Just good at penalties and always looks like he's putting decent effort in. Pogba has had a better month in my opinion.

Man actually said Dean Smith should "zoom call the players to tell them where to play" lol 

We have been lucky we haven't had to postpone any games (touch wood). Imagine the rescheduling with EL & FA Cup as well as PL. 

2 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Wolves v WBA lunch time tomorrow. It'll be United v Liverpool prematch, halftime and post match discussion. 

To avoid all this crap, tune into the 90 mins, then watch reruns of Friends or something. Thats more enjoyable.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Am I the only one that is constantly unimpressed when I watch him play? He was awful against Burnley.

Just good at penalties and always looks like he's putting decent effort in. Pogba has had a better month in my opinion.

It probably is only you and any other edgelords!

The guy is hugely frustrating but there's no denying his quality

• Like 1