Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

16 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Everything about it is terrible. I'm not even sure what the striker is doing. Its the dying seconds; get your shot off! 

...his touch let him down..did not kill the ball so it ran away from him, good composure in that position though, although he perhaps only trusted himself to shoot with his right!!!

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Hang about. We've just sent you iversen. What are you playing at signing another keeper?

We really needed another goalie to compete with Iversen, because the other guy (Darren Keet) simply isn't good enough for the Belgian 1st division. Not even for a spot on the bench.

I personally think Iversen will still be the 1st choice. I really doubt Leicester send him to Leuven to sit on the bench.

• Like 2

Just now, Bonanza said:

We really needed another goalie to compete with Iversen, because the other guy (Darren Keet) simply isn't good enough for the Belgian 1st division. Not even for a spot on the bench.

I personally think Iversen will still be the 1st choice. I really doubt Leicester send him to Leuven to sit on the bench.

Thanks for the information. Not a bad idea to have them competing for a place. We've not really had that since the Ward/Poole days although was there a time where a manager semi lost faith in Chris Weale and there was genuine competition in goal (although all were crap?)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Thanks for the information. Not a bad idea to have them competing for a place. We've not really had that since the Ward/Poole days although was there a time where a manager semi lost faith in Chris Weale and there was genuine competition in goal (although all were crap?)

If our owners paid 12m for our reserve keeper clearly they see the value in having a decent back up.  Makes sense as you dont want a season ruined because your keeper gets an injury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

The mere mention of Chris Weale reminds me of when he dropped the ball under a challenge for George Boateng to score the equaliser against Forest in the 2-2 draw in the Sven days

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

The mere mention of Chris Weale reminds me of when he dropped the ball under a challenge for George Boateng to score the equaliser against Forest in the 2-2 draw in the Sven days

The game we lost 3-2?

Having about a week previously let in a backpass to get a 1-0 defeat vs Derby?

We really saved his best for the local derbies.

6 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Rumour has it Leicester will send 4 more guys on loan to OHL.

Wow - all of them for the first team?

I should think if true it would be four of this bunch: Amartey, Benkovic, Knight, Johnson, Hughes, James, Ndukwu, Diabate, Muskwe, Eppiah. All of those are either surplus or no longer U21 for the Premier League. As for U21s, Thomas could a possibility late on in the window when Fuchs returns, Hirst surely not after the first time. Mitch Clark was decent at Port Vale, Leshabela has been a due a loan for a while but going straight to the Belgian top flight is a risk.

It would be a good move for someone like Josh Knight in particular to go over there if you're short of defenders, the rest don't seem all that great a fit.

Unlikely to be Silva, Ghezzal or Slimani for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Hmm, Knight, Johnson, Dewsbury-Hall, Eppiah/Muskwe/ Regba,    Thomas, Leshabela.  4 of those would be my guess if true. The only other player who seems ready is Hirst.  Josh Eppiah is actually Belgian... so he could be a favourite. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I would love to see Benkovic, Amartey and Luke Thomas come over and play for us but I don't know if these names are realistic...

Amartey I can see, he isn't likely to get a game here. 

Benkovic is likely not as I can see him being kept and Thomas I assume will go to a championship team.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Amartey I can see, he isn't likely to get a game here. 

Benkovic is likely not as I can see him being kept and Thomas I assume will go to a championship team.

Given how young Thomas is, I actually think this experience would be great for him. Hoping it happens 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

Were there any injuries from the last Genk game? It's mainly defense where your injuries are, if I remember correctly? 

We are likely to keep Thomas and Benkovic here as we also have a few defensive injuries for the start of the season, plus we need a bigger squad for EL.

Among those we will be willing to loan out, I think the most likely to go to OHL are Eppiah and Hughes. Knight and Dewsbury-Hall are of a higher level, if we fail to get them a Championship loan, I think they will be on their way to you.

I'm not sure Johnson, Muskwe, Reghba or Leshabela are of the standard required. Amartey has not played for so long that he'll need a few months to get up to speed. That is if he's actually fit, I don't think I've seen him in training pics for like a year? Matty James is a possibility, he's also been out with injury for years but has been training with the first team regularly. 

Either way I'll be watching all your games that I can :thumbup:

Edited by brucey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Were there any injuries from the last Genk game? It's mainly defense where your injuries are, if I remember correctly? 

We are likely to keep Thomas and Benkovic here as we also have a few defensive injuries for the start of the season, plus we need a bigger squad for EL.

Among those we will be willing to loan out, I think the most likely to go to OHL are Eppiah and Hughes. Knight and Dewsbury-Hall are of a higher level, if we fail to get them a Championship loan, I think they will be on their way to you.

I'm not sure Johnson, Muskwe, Reghba or Leshabela are of the standard required. Amartey has not played for so long that he'll need a few months to get up to speed. 

Either way I'll be watching all your games that I can :thumbup:

Our striker injured his ankle in the last game against Genk. My guess is he'll be out for a couple of games.

We mainly need defenders, but the club has also stated they are still looking for a striker and at a midfielder. Personally I would also like to see a new winger.

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I thought it said 4 young guys but I was mistaken. James, armartey and diabate are great shouts 

Diabate sounds like a good guess.

I doubt he still has a future with Leicester, but he could be a good player for us. Still only 24

• Like 1