Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

18 hours ago, Lizhang said:

We're gonna need a few defenders, instead of these comedy capers.

Agreed, although I do think that we did quite okay today. But once again those glaring defensive errors.. Must win against Beveren now.

EDIT: And really impressed by Malinov, going to be bossing the midfield soon.

Edited by KlaaZ
  • Like 1

...interesting the OHL set up for the corner with four  players in front of the keeper!!!

Not something I have seen before but obviously someone has devised that system and believes it works. Personally I would rather a player on each post as that gives an assistance to the keeper. Creating a space infront of the keeper in order to protect him allows the opponents to stand further away from the goal but also the spring board to attack the ball with a short run.

Could easily have been 6 goals conceded and the defence, seemed short of support far too often, with an attacker constantly spare, even though, they, Chaleroi were down a man. Perhaps going to a back three might be the option to get a toe hold in this league until we can get the right personnel into the team.

Sowah looks like he can do some damage if played out wide, there is enough pace and quality for a back three to work, without losing the ability, to hurt the opposition.

On 23/08/2020 at 13:35, KlaaZ said:

Agreed, although I do think that we did quite okay today. But once again those glaring defensive errors.. Must win against Beveren now.

EDIT: And really impressed by Malinov, going to be bossing the midfield soon.

Can’t find the link but there’s an article on Malinov whose ambition is to eventually join Leicester 🙄😂😂

• Haha 1

Results and standings after week 3:

KV Kortrijk 0-0 KAS Eupen
Zulte Waregem 4-1 Waasland Beveren
OH Leuven 1-3 Charleroi
KV Mechelen 2-3 Cercle Brugge
Antwerp 1-0 AA Gent
Standard 0-0 KRC Genk
Club Brugge 0-1 Beerschot
Anderlecht 1-1 Excel Moeskroen
STVV 0-0 KV Oostende

P   Team PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Beerschot 9 3 3 0 0 6 2 4
2   Charleroi 9 3 3 0 0 5 1 4
3   Standard 7 3 2 0 1 3 1 2
4   Cercle Brugge 6 3 2 1 0 5 4 1
5   Anderlecht 5 3 1 0 2 6 4 2
6   KRC Genk 5 3 1 0 2 3 2 1
7   KV Mechelen 4 3 1 1 1 5 5 0
8   Antwerp 4 3 1 1 1 3 3 0
9   KV Kortrijk 4 3 1 1 1 3 4 -1
10   STVV 4 3 1 1 1 3 4 -1
11   Club Brugge 3 3 1 2 0 4 2 2
12   Zulte Waregem 3 3 1 2 0 6 6 0
13   Waasland-Beveren 3 3 1 2 0 5 7 -2
14   Excel Moeskroen 2 3 0 1 2 2 3 -1
15   OH Leuven 2 3 0 1 2 3 5 -2
16   KAS Eupen 2 3 0 1 2 1 5 -4
17   KV Oostende 1 3 0 2 1 1 3 -2
18   KAA Gent 0 3 0 3 0 2 5 -3

Next week's fixtures:

KV Oostende - Anderlecht
KAS Eupen - STVV
Cercle Brugge - KV Kortrijk
Waasland-Beveren - OH Leuven
Excel Moeskroen - Zulte Waregem
KRC Genk - Club Brugge
Beerschot - Standard
Charleroi - Antwerp
KAA Gent - KV Mechelen

On 24/08/2020 at 16:02, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Can’t find the link but there’s an article on Malinov whose ambition is to eventually join Leicester 🙄😂😂

And yet, even Hirst has managed to get on the sheet for Leicester. :giggle:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Waasland 13 losses and 1 win out of last 14!?!?!?

Think them 14 games include friendlies and goes all the way back to January. My knowledge of Belgium is that Waasland are a bit of a Crystal Palace, they just survive every season without really properly struggling. But this season they had a good away win, a 2-1 defeat at home to Standard which isn't a surprise and a 4-1 defeat away at Zulte Waregem which isn't great but I think Waregem are generally a bit better than them.

Still OHL are a promoted side with no wins this season, even with Waaslands form i'd expect the odds to be the other way around

6 hours ago, Walkers said:

Think them 14 games include friendlies and goes all the way back to January. My knowledge of Belgium is that Waasland are a bit of a Crystal Palace, they just survive every season without really properly struggling. But this season they had a good away win, a 2-1 defeat at home to Standard which isn't a surprise and a 4-1 defeat away at Zulte Waregem which isn't great but I think Waregem are generally a bit better than them.

Still OHL are a promoted side with no wins this season, even with Waaslands form i'd expect the odds to be the other way around

To be fair, I really think we are the favourites in this game.

Waasland-Beveren has always been a team that has to fight of relegation. They were in last place last season, but due to the Corona virus they were saved from dropping down to the 2nd division. They lost their best players this summer and they aren't really able to replace them due to a lack of finances. Rumour has it they might be part of the Red Bull family in a couple of weeks, but at the moment they are the big favourites for relegation at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Hot damn ... that Mercier packs an accurate shot!

Why does this look much better than the last couple of years?  Have that many players changed, or is it just more open footy against a higher caliber of opposition?

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Hot damn ... that Mercier packs an accurate shot!

Why does this look much better than the last couple of years?  Have that many players changed, or is it just more open footy against a higher caliber of opposition?

The new manager is really doing a good job with htis team. We have some new players who are really doing well (Malinov, Bese,...) but most of the players have been with us for at least 2 years.