Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

Full Time - OH Leuven 1 - 2 Oostende

Probably a deserved win in the end for Oostende, disappointing from Leuven who didn't really offer that much in the 2nd half (other than a half chance for Henry)

Still in 4th for now but Anderlecht, Beerschot, and Royal Antwerp have the chance to overtake them tomorrow and Leuven could end the day in 7th

2 weeks off now until they play Anderlecht on 10th January, time for the lads to have a break and maybe even get a signing in before then

31 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

This is what went wrong and I predicted it, the amount of times it happens

I absolutely have to disagree! Our manager and his staff have done an amazing job this season. 

We have had an amazing season so far, but it was just a matter of time before we had a relapse in form and results.

Our goal before the season was to have a calm and carefree season with a finish around places 10 to 14.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

This is what went wrong and I predicted it, the amount of times it happens

I am not really sure what exactly you expect OH Leuven to achieve this season?

A newly promoted side, barely any squad depth and not much choice when it comes to rotation has finally just caught up to them from 2 games a week and now they get a 2 week break

10 games before his new contract: 5 wins, 2 drawns, 3 losses (1 loss in 6 before he signed it)

8 games since his new contract: 3 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses

Still in 4th and can only go as low as 7th if results go against them tomorrow, brilliant season from Marc Brys and his staff so far this season

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 26/12/2020 at 14:42, Bonanza said:

Fatigue and lack of squad depth is catching up to us. Our key players are out of form, but we don't have any options to replace them.

Seems odd that given this statement Eppiah still isn’t getting a few minutes? I know he messed up in his last appearance but he also scored. 

you’d think he’d get another shot :dunno:

35 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Seems odd that given this statement Eppiah still isn’t getting a few minutes? I know he messed up in his last appearance but he also scored. 

you’d think he’d get another shot :dunno:

True.

When Josh came to Leuven I had my doubt about him being good enough. Maybe my suspicions were correct and he's not good enough for regular playing time? I don't really know to be fair.

14 hours ago, Jimmy said:

@Bonanza is there any talk over there of Iversen and Eppiah returning to Leicester as they aren't playing?

No idea.

I would hate to see Iversen go as we wouldn't have any options in goal besides Romo, but I would understand if Leicester wants to send him to another club to get more playing time.

Results and standings after week 19:

Club Brugge 3-0 KAS Eupen
Zulte Waregem 1-0 Cercle Brugge
OH Leuven 1-2 KV Oostende
KV Kortrijk 1-0 KAA Gent
Standard 1-2 STVV
Antwerp 2-1 Charleroi
KRC Genk 1-1 Waasland-Beveren
Anderlecht 2-0 Beerschot
KV Mechelen 2-1 Excel Moeskroen

P   TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Club Brugge  39 19 12 4 3 38 12 26
2   KRC Genk  35 18 10 3 5 38 22 16
3   Charleroi  33 19 10 6 3 30 22 8
4   Anderlecht  32 19 8 3 8 30 22 8
5   Antwerp  31 19 9 6 4 33 27 6
6   OH Leuven  29 19 8 6 5 34 31 3
7   Beerschot  28 17 9 7 1 39 39 0
8   KV Kortrijk  26 19 7 7 5 24 27 -3
9   KAA Gent  25 19 8 10 1 28 27 1
10   KV Oostende  25 18 7 7 4 24 22 2
11   Standard  25 19 6 6 7 22 21 1
12   Zulte Waregem  21 18 6 9 3 23 32 -9
13   KV Mechelen  20 19 5 9 5 28 36 -8
14   KAS Eupen  20 16 4 4 8 18 24 -6
15   Waasland-Beveren  19 19 5 10 4 25 39 -14
16   Cercle Brugge  18 18 6 12 0 25 33 -8
17   STVV  17 18 4 9 5 22 31 -9
18   Excel Moeskroen  17 19 4 10 5 16 30 -14

Fixtures for week 20:

Saturday Jan 9th:

Zulte Waregem - Excel Moeskroen
KV Kortrijk - KRC Genk
Cercle Brugge - KAS Eupen
KV Oostende - Charleroi

Sunday Jan 10th:

KV Mechelen - Antwerp
Beerschot - KAA Gent
OH Leuven - Anderlecht
STVV - Club Brugge

Monday Jan 11th:

Standard - Waasland-Beveren

Ever since Brys signed a new longterm deal, the team has been quite shit. Whether there is cause and effect, i don't know, but it's very remarkable. His motivation to drive the players is "not to get relegated" (by his own admission), i'm not quite sure that's the best motivation when you're 4th in the standings and playing relegation teams. We've won 3 out of 9 games, of which we initially said those were the games we'd need to score our points. Worst of all, we lost because we were bad, and really didn't deserve any better.

If he is serious about wanting to train a top side one day (either by building OHL to be one, or to move to one), he'll have to come up with a better plan, because it's been monhs since OHL has been sparkling. And i haven't seen any significant change in tactics or mentality on the pitch over the past few months, as if Brys and his team have ran out of ideas. Let's hope the winter break gives them some newfound inspiration. Props to Brys and his coaches for what they did until October, but i hope they realize  that doesn't offer them unlimited credit.

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I thought he had been doing OK. Whats wrong with him ?

He had, up until two or three games ago, now he's back to what he was doing last season which is not contributing in any way without the ball. I like the kid and I can see his potential, but he seems to have this mentality thing that, once things go well, he just lets go. 

6 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Ever since Brys signed a new longterm deal, the team has been quite shit. Whether there is cause and effect, i don't know, but it's very remarkable. His motivation to drive the players is "not to get relegated" (by his own admission), i'm not quite sure that's the best motivation when you're 4th in the standings and playing relegation teams. We've won 3 out of 9 games, of which we initially said those were the games we'd need to score our points. Worst of all, we lost because we were bad, and really didn't deserve any better.

If he is serious about wanting to train a top side one day (either by building OHL to be one, or to move to one), he'll have to come up with a better plan, because it's been monhs since OHL has been sparkling. And i haven't seen any significant change in tactics or mentality on the pitch over the past few months, as if Brys and his team have ran out of ideas. Let's hope the winter break gives them some newfound inspiration. Props to Brys and his coaches for what they did until October, but i hope they realize  that doesn't offer them unlimited credit.

4 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

He had, up until two or three games ago, now he's back to what he was doing last season which is not contributing in any way without the ball. I like the kid and I can see his potential, but he seems to have this mentality thing that, once things go well, he just lets go. 

Looks like you could apply that to everyone including the management team.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Looks like you could apply that to everyone including the management team.

There are a few others, yes, but with him it's far worse and far more obvious. 

That said, Lizhang's post was a bit of an exaggeration as the results since the contract renewal of Brys are: DLWWWDLL (11/24), where the game before his renewal were DDLWWLWWDWL (18/33). So we're doing only marginally worse than before. 

• Like 1

...saw the most recent games and OHL looked far too open!!!

It was like a shoot out and an alarming lack of control in respect of game management. 

As regards the new contract, the same question were levied at Rodgers as the performances and points tailored off.

The team possibly needed a break and will come back rejuvenated and push on...let's hope so. 

15 hours ago, Bonanza said:

No sign of Daniel Iversen in the clip that was posted today, so he might be on his way back to Leicester.

His next step should have been in the Championship after two successive loans in L1/L2, which I said at the time as well as regarding this new managers contract. Clubs make strange decisions.

49 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

His next step should have been in the Championship after two successive loans in L1/L2, which I said at the time as well as regarding this new managers contract. Clubs make strange decisions.

...Iversen was having a very good season and number one keeper!!!

Receives an injury and Romo comes in and becomes irreplaceable,  not his agent or Iversen's fault, it could happen to anyone. 

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Iversen was having a very good season and number one keeper!!!

Receives an injury and Romo comes in and becomes irreplaceable,  not his agent or Iversen's fault, it could happen to anyone. 

Romo looked good in his first couple of games, he's looked very ordinary since.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Romo looked good in his first couple of games, he's looked very ordinary since.

According to statistics bureau Opta, he was the best performer in the league in December actually. The article is in Dutch but with google translate, you'll get the message. :)

https://sporza.be/nl/2020/12/31/ohl-doelman-romo-is-opta-speler-van-de-maand-er-zit-nog-rek-op~1609439389879/