Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

The OHL boys make a good point, exactly the same is happening at Newcastle currently, where Dubravka is going to have to wait for Darlow to make an error before he gets a look in, despite being deemed their best player in the last couple of seasons.

It happens, it's part and parcel of being a goalkeeper, all part of his learning and development.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

There are a few others, yes, but with him it's far worse and far more obvious. 

That said, Lizhang's post was a bit of an exaggeration as the results since the contract renewal of Brys are: DLWWWDLL (11/24), where the game before his renewal were DDLWWLWWDWL (18/33). So we're doing only marginally worse than before. 

Conveniently putting the Beerschot game in the "before the renewal" period, while everybody knows, that during that game, he was talking with Genk already. So while strictly speaking the renewal happened after the game, the "contract issues" were very relevant at the time. That would make it:

LDLWWWDLL (11/27) since Genk started courting him.

vs

DDLWWLWWDW (18/30) before Genk came knocking.

And more importantly, the opposition in the period since the renewal was much weaker than before, and regardless the outcome, the actual play was atrocious.

Edited by Lizhang

1 hour ago, Lizhang said:

Conveniently putting the Beerschot game in the "before the renewal" period, while everybody knows, that during that game, he was talking with Genk already. So while strictly speaking the renewal happened after the game, the "contract issues" were very relevant at the time. That would make it:

LDLWWWDLL (11/27) since Genk started courting him.

vs

DDLWWLWWDW (18/30) before Genk came knocking.

And more importantly, the opposition in the period since the renewal was much weaker than before, and regardless the outcome, the actual play was atrocious.

Chil out dude :ph34r: I was just putting some things in perspective. 

PS: Judging by the way the league looks now, I'd say the margin between strong and weak opposition is at least marginal. 

5 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Good signing for us, Leicester fans? What type of player is he?

I know he's a central midfielder who was a big part of your league winning team.

Good solid pro, good leader, box-to-box, good engine, eye for a goal, decent on the ball and keep's it simple.

Likely to move into coaching and management at some point.

LEGEND..................

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I know he's a central midfielder who was a big part of your league winning team.

Early Andy King would get you 10 to 15 goals a season in that league, but we moved him to a more defensive role during the latter stages of his time here. He is, however, one of the most composed finishers I've seen in a city shirt, even amongst strikers.

He's a very disciplined player, who didn't stand out but would never let you down. Would be accused at times of going missing, but overall a great signing, and a legend here.

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Used to be a goal scoring cm back in the day in the mould of Frank Lampard. (he's still the clubs highest scoring midfielder in our history I belive) but these days operates as an energetic deeper midfielder who will break up play and keep it ticking over.

His professionalism and leadership is 2nd to none. 

The only worry is he's had a number of moves to championship clubs and rangers that havent worked out for what ever reason. But I would imagine he will be a great addition. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think he's good enough to play for Leuven at this stage in his career but time will tell.

He couldn't get in a pretty poor Rangers team up in Scotland so I'd be surprised if a year or two later he can play in the Belgian top flight.

I'm surprised he's not been picked up by a League One club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Hahah depending on who you ask on here he’s either prime Lampard or the invisible man...

One thing we all agree on though is he’s a loyal legend and deserves the very best.

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

@Bonanzawhat's his competition like in center midfield do you see him starting games or being a squad player? 

There's not a whole lot of competition for the midfield spots. We have Malinov who I feel is pretty much one of the first names on the sheet because of his work rate and aggression on the ball, Hubert's the current holding midfielder but I've not been too impressed with him. He's an important figure in the dressing room though. And finally, there's Maertens who is a great infiltrating midfielder and Sowah, who you all know. 

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

@Bonanzawhat's his competition like in center midfield do you see him starting games or being a squad player? 

He's one of those players who's next days are behind him now and you probably won't notice him on the pitch.

Used to have a knack of scoring important goals but we are talking a few years ago now. 

His best feature is being able to pull very interesting faces during a game.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Everyone loves him because he’s been with us since our lowest, came through the academy from the age of 15 and played a fair few games and scored a fair few goals in the title win. Isn’t good enough for our team now but could do a job for a decent Championship club. Was on loan to Rangers, returned after five games, then on loan to Huddersfield. Released by us end of last season. Good eye for goal. Former Wales international (2017 last match). Solid signing.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KFS said:

Danny Simpson to join up next? 

Honestly not the worst idea in the world, same with Maty James, even though he's gone to Coventry. Man United used to send players to Antwerp to play including Evans, Simpson, Fletcher, etc so it's not like it's a terrible league. OHL fans wouldn't want their team to end up being a retirement home for washed up pros, but having experienced players with a winning mentality and mixing it with exciting talent could work for them. The Ajax team that got to the Champions League semi finals had a mixture of exciting young talent in De Jong / De Ligt, but also experienced players like Blind and Tadic from the Premier League. Perhaps a lighter version of that could be effective!