Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

4 hours ago, sdb said:

His value must be at an all time low. No point selling right now. Could be sought after in 6-12 months 

It must be. Still curious how he was BR's no.1 CB at celtic in their title winning season and looking at where he is now. I know BR has said that Benko isn't a prem player yet and wasnt when he joined leicester and took on Benko but for me something must've gone on between him and BR or players/club etc 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

With Iversen now on loan at Preston, I saw 19 year old Oregan Ravet signed a new deal yesterday, is he likely to be the new 2nd choice keeper?

@Bonanza

All OHL- fans hate to see Iversen go, but we all agree he's to good to sit on the bench and needs to play. I'm happy for him he already found a new club and wish him all the best!

I really hope the club is looking for a new back-up goalie. For the moment being Ravet will be our second goalkeeper, but I doubt he's good enough to replace Romo. Our Thai goalkeeper Kawin Thamsatchanan has returned from his 1.5-year loan spell at Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo (Japanese 1st division) but I sincerely hope the club doesn't view him as our back-up goalie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bonanza said:

All OHL- fans hate to see Iversen go, but we all agree he's to good to sit on the bench and needs to play. I'm happy for him he already found a new club and wish him all the best!

I really hope the club is looking for a new back-up goalie. For the moment being Ravet will be our second goalkeeper, but I doubt he's good enough to replace Romo. Our Thai goalkeeper Kawin Thamsatchanan has returned from his 1.5-year loan spell at Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo (Japanese 1st division) but I sincerely hope the club doesn't view him as our back-up goalie.

I have a lot of respect for your manager... it’s possible he felt pressure to play Iversen because of the link, but he did the right thing for Leuven by not dropping someone who was in form.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, leuven said:

I don't think there's a max number of players that you can send us.

Are you limited to the number of Lon players you can play? I’m assuming you can’t field a full team of loan players. 

Are leuven fans excited by benkovic? Honestly should be. If he can get going he should be very very good. Should have looked at it at the start of the season tbh. 

my concern is how Josh eppiah has been treated after a few early blunders. Benkovic will be rusty and is bound to drop a few clangers at first. 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Are leuven fans excited by benkovic? Honestly should be. If he can get going he should be very very good. Should have looked at it at the start of the season tbh. 

my concern is how Josh eppiah has been treated after a few early blunders. Benkovic will be rusty and is bound to drop a few clangers at first. 

On paper both Benkovic and Andy King are great signings for our club.  The big question is when will they be fully match fit.

According to some reports Benkovic is very "injury prone". I know he had an ankle injury during his time at Celtic which sidelined him for some time and he also sustained a hip injury at the beginning of this season. It seems a bit harsh to call that injury prone, doesn't it? Also, does any one of you know why he didn't get any playing time at Cardiff?

About Josh Eppiah, i don't think he's not getting any playing time because his blunder against STVV, but simple because he's not good enough yet to get regular playing time at this level.

On 08/01/2021 at 01:05, MPH said:

I have a lot of respect for your manager... it’s possible he felt pressure to play Iversen because of the link, but he did the right thing for Leuven by not dropping someone who was in form.

It does make a good precedent for Leuven, in that the players already there know that loans from Leicester are not going to waltz straight into the team, just because they came from Leicester.

I think Benko and Kingy will have to work for their places too, and quite rightly so.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

On paper both Benkovic and Andy King are great signings for our club.  The big question is when will they be fully match fit.

According to some reports Benkovic is very "injury prone". I know he had an ankle injury during his time at Celtic which sidelined him for some time and he also sustained a hip injury at the beginning of this season. It seems a bit harsh to call that injury prone, doesn't it? Also, does any one of you know why he didn't get any playing time at Cardiff?

About Josh Eppiah, i don't think he's not getting any playing time because his blunder against STVV, but simple because he's not good enough yet to get regular playing time at this level.

Kingy will be as fit as it is possible for him to be, given he is only training. So I'd say he is probably good for an hour on Saturday, although I think you are more likely to use him off the bench if anything, especially as it is a big game.

Even when we signed Benko there were warning signs that he was a bit fragile, but it is more complicated than him never being fit. He has been properly unlucky with timings of smaller knocks and also when he went on loan, which meant he was never quite in the right place and the right condition, at the right time, to take his chance. Then he has ended up with so little first team football that his confidence was affected, and even though he had some good moments on loan, the last one was grim.

I hope that if either him or Kingy settle well they might be open to another season, because of the different stages of their careers. If Benko specifically does well, he really needs to prove he can do it for more than half a season, and there is no point bringing him back to Leicester next season, if he is going to spend most of his time on the bench.

Kingy might even be looking to pick up some coaching experience. He was highly respected in the Leicester dressing room, and even when he lost a regular first team spot as our quality rose, he was still very much part of the senior players group.

• Like 1

It’s very hard to say why it didn’t work out for Benkovic at Cardiff. It’s past the point where we can blame the managers as this is the second spell where he’s been behind average championship defenders. 

His performances seem to be either amazing or shoddy. I’m yet to read up on a game of his and it just be average.  But as @Vardinio'sCat said he has had poor luck with timing and he’s struggled to get a long enough run to fairly judge him. 

I still don’t have a good enough grasp of the ability of your division to know whether he will be a good signing for you or not. Kingy however is one of the most dependable players we’ve ever had, always gives his best and tends to show up in big games. I think he would be a useful addition as long as his partner is creative. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s very hard to say why it didn’t work out for Benkovic at Cardiff. It’s past the point where we can blame the managers as this is the second spell where he’s been behind average championship defenders. 

His performances seem to be either amazing or shoddy. I’m yet to read up on a game of his and it just be average.  But as @Vardinio'sCat said he has had poor luck with timing and he’s struggled to get a long enough run to fairly judge him. 

I still don’t have a good enough grasp of the ability of your division to know whether he will be a good signing for you or not. Kingy however is one of the most dependable players we’ve ever had, always gives his best and tends to show up in big games. I think he would be a useful addition as long as his partner is creative. 

Mercier is one of the most creative midfielders in the league, so that should be a good fit then.