Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 20/21

Out of interest was he injured before or after that game? I have never seen a keeper give the ball away in his own half as many times as that, it was mental.

Barcelona are so so flawed. I think if Real Madrid play things sensibly they'll dominate La Liga for a while, Valencia are in the shit, don't think Sevilla can mount a serious challenge and Atletico have gone a bit stale.

Never liked Koeman either. Always struck me as a twat.

Edited by Dan LCFC

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Out of interest was he injured before or after that game? I have never seen a keeper give the ball away in his own half as many times as that, it was mental.

Barcelona are so so flawed. I think if Real Madrid play things sensibly they'll dominate La Liga for a while, Valencia are in the shit, don't think Sevilla can mount a serious challenge and Atletico have gone a bit stale.

Never liked Koeman either. Always struck me as a twat.

I do think it's a bit wildly over the top the people that are forecasting Barca not to win anything "for years."

Zidane is a shit manager with one title out of however many attempts despite the fact Barcelona have been sub par for ages. 

Real pretty much only won it this year because Barca have been in civil war. 

If they bring in a coach the players actually like and stop signing players that the squad actively don't want (the club captains went to the club's leadership and actively asked them not to sign Griezmann), if they make one or two sensible defensive appointments they'll be right back on it. 

Messi and Suarez aren't finished yet, Pique hasn't become useless overnight he just needs help, Ter Stegen is still one of the world's best goalkeepers, De Jong is a great talent. 

They just need to all be pulling in the same direction with a sensible plan. 

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I do think it's a bit wildly over the top the people that are forecasting Barca not to win anything "for years."

Zidane is a shit manager with one title out of however many attempts despite the fact Barcelona have been sub par for ages. 

Real pretty much only won it this year because Barca have been in civil war. 

If they bring in a coach the players actually like and stop signing players that the squad actively don't want (the club captains went to the club's leadership and actively asked them not to sign Griezmann), if they make one or two sensible defensive appointments they'll be right back on it. 

Messi and Suarez aren't finished yet, Pique hasn't become useless overnight he just needs help, Ter Stegen is still one of the world's best goalkeepers, De Jong is a great talent. 

They just need to all be pulling in the same direction with a sensible plan. 

The signing of Pjanic and everything about that deal tells me that their slump hasn't finished yet and Messi I think is only going one way from here. I really think if Real Madrid play this sensibly (admittedly a big if) they can keep winning the league. I do feel what happened last weekend was extreme but it had been coming.

They're obviously still one of the best teams in the world, but they are a flawed team, and they're not a club who seems to have any idea how to overcome these flaws. I don't necessarily believe the talk that Messi wants out but I wouldn't blame him if he did, and that was unthinkable at one point.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

Don't suppose anyone is watching Lille vs Rennes?!

Rennes had a red card after Sasha Boey karate-kicked Reinildo and then fell on his face and knocked himself out. Ref showed him a red card while knocked out so doubt he even know til he regained consciousness lol.

Then few minutes later Reinildo himself sees red for a scything tackle on a Rennes player. 

Could get a bit more tasty in 2nd half...