Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 20/21

44 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11913/12056701/daley-blind-ajax-defender-collapses-during-pre-season-friendly

This seems to have been overlooked in all the Maguire and Messi news, hope he's ok, very worrying for his future career though.

I was watching it and at the time was concerned like anyone would be. He went off fine by himself unaided though and wasn't anything like the Muamba incident (for comparison). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The reported who broke the Neymar to PSG story first has said that Messi has decided he wants to join Man City:frantics:

It's the obvious choice. I for one am glad, TBH. Having him play in the Premier League will be an absolute joy and something I thought I'd never see.

The Mail reckons his old man is in the country already for negotiations. There will be some obscene amounts of money exchanging hands.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8666839/Lionel-Messis-father-Manchester-negotiating-City.html?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

Manchester City are weighing up offering Lionel Messi a long-term contract that would see him move to MLS partner club New York City FC after three years in the Premier League, several sources have told ESPN.

They could also offer Messi the chance to become an ambassador for the City Football Group, the holding company that owns a number of clubs across the world, including City and NYCFC.

41 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Messi staying put. There’s a shock :rolleyes:

Yep . So no £624 million but instead a p***ed off 30 something running down his contract and conserving his energy to make his escape to his last big payday 

Wonder if this opens the Trincao issue again ? 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Marseille should be 2-0 up at PSG but had their 2nd goal wrongly ruled out for offside. Didn’t look like they even went to VAR for it. 

They did but got it done very quickly, somehow.

Ironically the first goal, that was given, looked offside lol