Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

8 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I think this definitely is the plan. Unless any players actively ask to leave, if we are in the champs league i think we keep everyone. One reason we sell 1 player a year is to get money to sign quality players to add to the squad. sell 1 buy 2 or 3 kind of thing. Champs league money could be enough to prevent us having to sell anyone if we did manage to get there. 

Champions lge would only got us £40m this year apparently. Percy mentioned in one of his articles 

with no crowd and TV rebate not as financially rewarding than previous years. 

If there was ever a time to miss out than it this year competition 😆

The only reason he looks good statistically is because burnley play in such a defensive way. The team defend as a unit so he looks much better on paper. He’s never stood out, was dreadful in his england call up. He’s found his level at Burnley.

• Like 1

By the way James Tarkowski is not a patch on Jonny Evans as a player. Some seem to think Tarkowski should be the heir to Evans as the experienced linchpin in our squad but I'd much rather Evans be here for another few years at least. Tarkowski as our 4th choice CB next summer would be good but I'd be amazed if he'd accept that sort of role.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

Champions lge would only got us £40m this year apparently. Percy mentioned in one of his articles 

with no crowd and TV rebate not as financially rewarding than previous years. 

If there was ever a time to miss out than it this year competition 😆

Yeh I can understand that but we got £50 for Chilwell so even £40m might have been enough for us to sign the players we wanted without having to sell. Seemed that Chilwell wanted to go to Chelsea though but he was easily replaceable so no huge loss. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh I can understand that but we got £50 for Chilwell so even £40m might have been enough for us to sign the players we wanted without having to sell. Seemed that Chilwell wanted to go to Chelsea though but he was easily replaceable so no huge loss. 

Should have said £50m. Where has the edit post button gone?

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

...we ripped them off.....well done Rudders!!!

Should have said £50m. Where has the edit post button gone?

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Three buttons, top right. Drop down menu. choose edit :thumbup:

Ah yes. Not sure if I'm blind or stupid. We'll just say both. I dont like change 😂

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we ripped them off.....well done Rudders!!!

I'd already noticed my mistake @Sacrebleuits442 👍

Edited by jayfox26

People comparing Chilwells fee against Tarkowski possible £40mil fee.

Having watched Chilwell in the league Cup I wasn't impressed at all and it coincides with many criticisms on here about his lack of ability particularly over his awareness of players around him and missed time passes. The commentator remarked how Chelsea would put him straight in the next prem match as a starter being his first match but moreso because of his transfer cost vs his ability it seemed.

Tarkowski in a years time will be worth half the fee they wanted this year. I understand Dyches squad is suffering big time right now but I feel that they should've took the money that they desperately need as a club.

Lastly I think BR shouldn't be saying things to player's like Chilly or anyone of our players leaving the club that "you are going to the next level going to Chelsea". We have been in or around clubs like that for a few years now and its going to confuse fans like ours with mixed messages when the hierarchy have said that that is their intention anyway. It isn't the first time BR has done this either and I say this with a lot of respect for the guy.

We should of got way more for chilwell, the best comparison is to AWB. It doesn’t matter what you think to chilwell but a precedent was set for English full backs with that transfer and chilwell was well ahead of him in all respects at the time of the two transfers. 

Just now, peach0000 said:

We should of got way more for chilwell, the best comparison is to AWB. It doesn’t matter what you think to chilwell but a precedent was set for English full backs with that transfer and chilwell was well ahead of him in all respects at the time of the two transfers. 

We will probably find out chilwell’s fee sometime in October .....

19 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Having watched Chilwell in the league Cup I wasn't impressed at all and it coincides with many criticisms on here about his lack of ability

Fortunately for Ben, scouting and international selection isn't remotely about armchair 'expertise' over an online football forum. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Fortunately for Ben, scouting and international selection isn't remotely about armchair 'expertise' over an online football forum. 

I and many others on here would disagree, including Chelsea fans. 

Personally I think the FT model should be implemented from now on 🤔