Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

6 hours ago, urban fox said:

wonder just how skint/need to sell Burnley are, especially if the player has let it be known he fancies the move. Enough  to come to us with a discounted offer? If so would be tempted and even if so do we need another CB if the Fofana deal is done? Still think there might be mileage in a swap +cash deal with big Dan or Benko.

Not skint, don't need to sell, don't want to sell, and don't believe that £30m is a good price for putting ourselves at serious risk of relegation.

4 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Not skint, don't need to sell, don't want to sell, and don't believe that £30m is a good price for putting ourselves at serious risk of relegation.

Makes complete sense to me. Go down and lose £100M. 

Dyche continues to do a great job there and play a very effective system. He could do with a bit of backing this year I think.

5 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

If I was a Burnley fan there’s no way I’d want to sell him for £30million.

What’s the general view of Dyche? Still happy with him?

Would be very surprised if we don’t go back in for him next summer. Big Wes’ time will be done with us after this year and we will need to replace him with another leader.

Tarkowski will be 28 years old with only a year left on his contract. Would be very surprised if he goes for anything over £30m next summer as Burnley can’t afford to let him go for nothing.

£30m next summer on a 4 year contract to the foxes 👀

5 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would be very surprised if we don’t go back in for him next summer. Big Wes’ time will be done with us after this year and we will need to replace him with another leader.

Tarkowski will be 28 years old with only a year left on his contract. Would be very surprised if he goes for anything over £30m next summer as Burnley can’t afford to let him go for nothing.

No way do they get 30m next summer unless there is an auction between top six clubs 

they will only get 15m and their policy to keep him now reflects that they believe it’s better to take the hit rather than what they perceive to be the likelihood of relegation without him. 

8 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Opinions are like arseholes. Thanks for showing me yours. 

Nicely put.  The spirit of Peter Eustinov lives on.

I wouldn't go as far as to call it 'witty' but as far as barbs go it is a fair attempt.  Worthy of any playground,  Well done!

8 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Don't come on here with your logic!  

If you aren't skint where are your new players?  The rest is fair.  You would be mad to sell him unless you can get in two or three players with the cash, and with sell on looks like you cannot get in more than 1, who would definitley be worse.  

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

No way do they get 30m next summer unless there is an auction between top six clubs 

they will only get 15m and their policy to keep him now reflects that they believe it’s better to take the hit rather than what they perceive to be the likelihood of relegation without him. 

Well worth it for Burnley to hold firm and keep him for another season.  He may just keep them up.

• Like 4

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Well worth it for Burnley to hold firm and keep him for another season.  He may just keep them up.

Problem being unhappy players dont help squad moral, and if not skint where are the signings that will change things.

Dyche is the longest serving manager in the prem and Burnley have built their recruitment team around him and the team.

I do think regardless of injurys that they have right now that Dyche is playing a dangerous game and could start to infuriate his top plahers from money making moves.

We saw how arsenal collapsed under wenger and they still haven't got their house in order in all those years since. 

7 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

thats my thought too tbh, if he doesnt sign another contract there, we'll go in for him then, or even Jan if hes not signed or going  a new contract at Burnley, 

• Like 1

Take this as you will but I've got a friend who lives in Lancashire and the talk around there is this still has legs despite Fofana signing. Like I said I’m not in the know or anything like that but the chap who told me this hasn’t got any reason to lie he supports Preston to start with so again take it as you will

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not being a prophet of doom but Soyuncu could be next summer's big sale.

Possibly, but he did say he wants to stay for a few years. I think Ricardo is most likely. Possibly Maddison.

Anyway, I don't like thinking about losing these players, and there's a whole season before then while I can pretend it's not going to happen.

• Like 2

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

Possibly, but he did say he wants to stay for a few years. I think Ricardo is most likely. Possibly Maddison.

Anyway, I don't like thinking about losing these players, and there's a whole season before then while I can pretend it's not going to happen.

It's the model though right, a big sale every summer and re-invest. Look at this window, selling Chilwell has allowed to improve the squad massively. Maddison has a bit to do before bigger sides start looking at him seriously again imo.

• Like 2