Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

3 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Hope he’s got a Jonny Evans get out clause in his contract and when they go down we get him for pennies

Even with 1yr left on his deal they may prefer to lose him on a free in 2022 because he could be worth more to them if he helps them stay up vs. The fee they would get for a man with less than a year left on his deal. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Despite the haters I don’t see a massive difference between Tarkwoski and Amartey. Dan is a player who we have played mostly out of position. He would do a solid job at CB and we already have him. Why spend £30+ million on an older and possibly slightly better CB?  Don’t get it. 

Amartey has played one game for us at centre back lol

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Lock it up mods

James Tarkowski is set to stay at Burnley past next week’s transfer deadline day, Lancs Live can reveal.

The defender was wanted by West Ham and Leicester City and is open to leaving Turf Moor to further his international ambitions.

But the Clarets have priced him out of a move away having rejected two bids from the Hammers and one from the Foxes.

Neither club is prepared to meet Burnley’s valuation, understood to be at least £40m, and as a result the player is now set to remain at Turf Moor.

Tarkowski has returned to training after overcoming a toe problem and could feature in the Carabao Cup tie against Man City or the Premier League trip to Newcastle United on Saturday.

The transfer window closes on Monday and it is highly unlikely any club will make any late offers for the 27-year-old who has two years to run on his contract.

The Clarets turned down a £30m plus add-ons bid from Leicester over the weekend having already rebuffed two offers from the Hammers.

West Ham made their move earlier in the window with an opening bid of £23million, or £20m rising to £25m with add-ons, before returning with a second offer of a straight £24.5m, or £20m rising to £30m with add-ons.

Both clubs were keen on Tarkowski with David Moyes having made the former Brentford man his priority this summer. But he and Brendan Rodgers are now set to turn their attention to other targets in the final days of the window.

Tarkowski staying, and the emergence of Jimmy Dunne, also means Burnley are unlikely to invest in a new defender this summer.

Thank fook for that! He'd have been such a massive waste of money. Same with Dwight McNeil - who is actually not even PL standard. Hopefully we just used them to hurry up respective deals with Under and Fofana and won't be back in for either again unless Burnley learn to ask for realistic amounts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Thank fook for that! He'd have been such a massive waste of money. Same with Dwight McNeil - who is actually not even PL standard. Hopefully we just used them to hurry up respective deals with Under and Fofana and won't be back in for either again unless Burnley learn to ask for realistic amounts.

Do I want him here, no. 

But to suggest he's not premier league standard when he's been one of the best players for a 10 top premier league team? :doh:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Fofana's price will only go up (if he continues his progress), Tarkowski's price will only go down as he gets closer to the end of his contract. 

Fofana this summer, Tarkowski next summer (at an even cheaper price) with us losing Morgan, Fuchs & Evans being a year older sounds like the perfect plan to me! 

That my friend sounds like very sensible business. 

18 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Fofana's price will only go up (if he continues his progress), Tarkowski's price will only go down as he gets closer to the end of his contract. 

Fofana this summer, Tarkowski next summer (at an even cheaper price) with us losing Morgan, Fuchs & Evans being a year older sounds like the perfect plan to me! 

Can't think why we would want to lose Evans. I know he hasn't signed a new contract as yet, but I would be amazed if he's not offered a new deal.

36 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Alternatively he could be a massive flop and we lose a fortune on him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is starting to feel a bit like the Evans deal. Player in high demand, clubs put off by fee wanted. If Burnley go down or struggle we might get him much cheaper next summer.

I think he might even be our Evans replacement.

I ponder if Fofana is with an eye on Cag’s being prised away from us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Even with 1yr left on his deal they may prefer to lose him on a free in 2022 because he could be worth more to them if he helps them stay up vs. The fee they would get for a man with less than a year left on his deal. 

Not with a get out clause like Evans had. As long as someone matches the amount. We basically stole him from West Brom and they couldn’t do anything about it. Unlikely he will have a relegation clause and such a low buy out clause mind.  

Edited by MonmoreStef

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I think he might even be our Evans replacement.

I ponder if Fofana is with an eye on Cag’s being prised away from us.

100% he is, though I expect us to play this game for the foreseeable future - replacing players a season or so before they leave, either through recruitment or through the academy. Tark's got 2 years left on his contract - imagine if we did a deal with Burnley in the winter to let him join us in the summer for a knocked down fee?

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

100% he is, though I expect us to play this game for the foreseeable future - replacing players a season or so before they leave, either through recruitment or through the academy. Tark's got 2 years left on his contract - imagine if we did a deal with Burnley in the winter to let him join us in the summer for a knocked down fee?

Hope not with his best mate here now:unsure:

wonder just how skint/need to sell Burnley are, especially if the player has let it be known he fancies the move. Enough  to come to us with a discounted offer? If so would be tempted and even if so do we need another CB if the Fofana deal is done? Still think there might be mileage in a swap +cash deal with big Dan or Benko.

Edited by urban fox