Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Amartey has played one game for us at centre back lol

What’s his actual position Hanging Boy?  Where does he play for his country?  What was his position at the club we purchased him from? 😛

we’ve only played 3 games all in so far - didn’t actually play against Arsenhole. Perhaps, you know, play him in his actual position and be less of a Cyril. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

If you can guarantee Evans and Soyuncu are going to be available for every game, you should have said so! 

If I think about our options playing either 2 or 3 CBs without one of them, I have way less confidence than you in Amartey. TBH I can't really see how 3 CBs would be an option in any games where we might want to use it

I’m not saying we should not strengthen our CB numbers. However I’m not in the bin big Dan socially distanced club. I like the guy.  I just don’t want to see us blaze £35 million on Mr. Average. Forfana is a gamble, but if it pays off it pays off bigly. Tarks is just flushed money. 

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Alternatively he could be a massive flop and we lose a fortune on him. 

Either one could be a massive flop with us. 

Granted that Tarkowski would be the lesser gamble given his proven EPL pedigree, but ultimately every transfer is a gamble of sorts.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

What’s his actual position Hanging Boy?  Where does he play for his country?  What was his position at the club we purchased him from? 😛

we’ve only played 3 games all in so far - didn’t actually play against Arsenhole. Perhaps, you know, play him in his actual position and be less of a Cyril. 

He was a CDM for the club we signed him from.

He’s played one game at CB for us, and he’s compared to a player who has been probably the top performer at a top 10 prem club.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He was a CDM for the club we signed him from.

He’s played one game at CB for us, and he’s compared to a player who has been probably the top performer at a top 10 prem club.

Poor effort Babs. You know well enough his actual position is CB. 

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There will be a lot of spilt bovril at turf moor if Tarkowski is left thumbing a floppy up his own harris when we sign Fofana. 

Poor old Tarks, imagine having to put up with Dale Stephens doing an initiation song to Tony Christie's - Amarillo whilst little Cengiz and Party Wes are doing a remix of The Outhere Brothers. It's a mad game this is, love it.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Poor effort Babs. You know well enough his actual position is CB. 

He was playing centre mid for Copenhagen when we signed him.  We signed him as a centre mid.  He has sometimes played centre half and he's nowhere near as good as Tarkowski, not even close.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He literally played CDM for Copenhagen.

I remember reading an article at the time we signed him listing him among the top ten midfielders in the Danish League.  You can just google all the articles at the time of the signing.  Everything I read calls him a defensive midfielder. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

He hasn't played for his country in two years mate......

2 hours ago, murphy said:

He was playing centre mid for Copenhagen when we signed him.  We signed him as a centre mid.  He has sometimes played centre half and he's nowhere near as good as Tarkowski, not even close.

Opinions are like arseholes. Thanks for showing me yours. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Not sure you’ll know this, but he’s had a couple of issues recently 🤣 When he did though, mate?

But you said " he PLAYS CB for his country". Present tense. He doesn't. He PLAYED CB for his country. Past tense.