Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

1 hour ago, Katy said:

Yes, looking forward to more doughnuts and caps as soon as possible. Funny how they had to be mythered into making the £70 mean something though eh? 

Firstly I never mentioned doughnuts etc,  and would broadly agree with you on that topic, I was just pointing out that Wolves ST are significantly more expensive than ours. Secondly the offer to credit the £70 against next seasons ST if grounds aren't at full capacity by the end of this season,  was not a change in policy given that the original proposal never contemplated that scenario. 

52 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

Firstly I never mentioned doughnuts etc,  and would broadly agree with you on that topic, I was just pointing out that Wolves ST are significantly more expensive than ours. Secondly the offer to credit the £70 against next seasons ST if grounds aren't at full capacity by the end of this season,  was not a change in policy given that the original proposal never contemplated that scenario. 

Wasting your time, moaners got to moan.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robo61 said:

It *was* money for nothing, that’s my issue. 

52 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You can have positive opinions and negative opinions.

If someone takes all of their complaints about PL Football, tv rights etc and blames them all on the club then ...

If I’m not happy with something, I’ll complain about it or moan if that‘s your preferred term - which it clearly is. Sorry if that doesn’t fit in with your happy clapper-ness but tough shit. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Katy said:

It *was* money for nothing, that’s my issue. 

No it was not,  it was a deposit on your   your ST.  The original document made that clear,  it simply omitted to say what would happen in the event of ST's not being available this season.  This was corrected in the second document,  though it changed nothing in reality. I agree that it should not have been omitted,  but don't believe there was ever an intention to take money for no service. 

16 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

No it was not,  it was a deposit on your   your ST.  The original document made that clear,  it simply omitted to say what would happen in the event of ST's not being available this season.  This was corrected in the second document,  though it changed nothing in reality. I agree that it should not have been omitted,  but don't believe there was ever an intention to take money for no service. 

If the stadium wasn’t at full capacity this season then we would’ve lost the money. That‘s what a lot of people were taking issue with because that what the club put out. Whether that was the intent or not, that’s what some were lead to believe. It was up to the club to be loud and clear about that and they were not, they changed it - great, nothing to see here now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Katy said:

If the stadium wasn’t at full capacity this season then we would’ve lost the money. That‘s what a lot of people were taking issue with because that what the club put out. Whether that was the intent or not, that’s what some were lead to believe. It was up to the club to be loud and clear about that and they were not, they changed it - great, nothing to see here now. 

Agreed Yeah exactly which they eventually was but it shouldn’t have taken the fans to point it out 

this was the before and after 

E4E83429-B0C0-49FD-9006-6320BFA99981.thumb.jpeg.884c9a23c714640f5b5d108ac9e08a95.jpeg
66329B93-5B5C-41CC-B3FD-93FE911B6D3D.thumb.jpeg.2994c5286cd39073aae421359f12393c.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Katy said:

If the stadium wasn’t at full capacity this season then we would’ve lost the money.

No we would not have,  as they have now made clear.   Wolves charge over £100 a season more for their ST's but apparently in your eyes they look after their supporters better than our owners whose only crime seems to be a minor omission in communicating.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Agreed Yeah exactly which they eventually was but it shouldn’t have taken the fans to point it out 

this was the before and after 

E4E83429-B0C0-49FD-9006-6320BFA99981.thumb.jpeg.884c9a23c714640f5b5d108ac9e08a95.jpeg
66329B93-5B5C-41CC-B3FD-93FE911B6D3D.thumb.jpeg.2994c5286cd39073aae421359f12393c.jpeg

Unless I have missed something the update did not change this, i.e there will be no refund if you choose not to purchase a ST for either 2020/21   if these become available, or 2021/22,  if they don't.

All it did was confirm that the £70 could be put towards your 2021/22 ST. Yes this should have been said originally,  but it is clear to me that was always going to be the case.

50 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

Unless I have missed something the update did not change this, i.e there will be no refund if you choose not to purchase a ST for either 2020/21   if these become available, or 2021/22,  if they don't.

All it did was confirm that the £70 could be put towards your 2021/22 ST. Yes this should have been said originally,  but it is clear to me that was always going to be the case.

Not clear to everyone though, that’s the point I was making. Just because it was clear to you, doesn’t mean it was clear to everyone else. The club were not clear, they put out a very long wordy email on a Friday night and cleared off for the weekend. 

I don’t agree with what the club have done, some do and that’s fine but I’m ****ed if I’m going to keep posting the same thing just with different wording. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2020 at 10:51, hackneyfox said:

I appreciate that but for so many one here we went from the sublime to the ridiculous.

10 months ago we had the best owners, best manager and best team.

There's more of a connection between fans and club than there is between consumer and company I'd therefore expect there to be a bit more understanding and leeway given when the club makes a mistake. I spoke to Jim just before they decided to allow the £70 to roll over to next season. He seemed genuinely shocked at many of the comments he was reading. I couldn't disagree with him, as per normal there's an influx of negative posters when there's something to moan about.

Not a fan of Jim, he's a wind up. Has caused more problems than solutions for supporters of late... including myself.

On 12/09/2020 at 10:26, jammie82uk said:

“Unlike other Premier League clubs, Wolves will not be asking supporters to pay for a full season ticket up front when they will not have access to every home league game, and will instead be offering 2019/20 season ticket holders the chance to buy tickets on a match-by-match basis, when they feel safe, ready and comfortable to attend.”

If not before this and Fulham’s decisions it certainly brings the “they can do it because they are rich” argument to its knees 

Tell that to Jim who was apparently saying that quote to someone who sent lcfc help an email from this forum! Jim is not suitable for his job! Just got some fame from that celebration when everyone else celebrated the same and he was just there in front of the camera in the right place at the right time. Overrated guy. He's always disappointed me with how he communicates with supporters. Needs some diplomatic skills.

6 hours ago, lcfcforever16 said:

Tell that to Jim who was apparently saying that quote to someone who sent lcfc help an email from this forum! Jim is not suitable for his job! Just got some fame from that celebration when everyone else celebrated the same and he was just there in front of the camera in the right place at the right time. Overrated guy. He's always disappointed me with how he communicates with supporters. Needs some diplomatic skills.

Wrong bloke

19 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Never heard anyone lese have a bad word to say about him.

Ah so you've gone from telling everyone they're wrong about their perception of the club to telling everyone who has a gripe against Jim that they're also wrong? That LCFC kool aid is strong stuff, isn't it?

FWIW Jim seems like a decent guy, and in the time I've known him he's been really nice. That being said, I can't thrust my personal experiences on other people's, so it's a shame if people have genuinely had issues with him. At the end of the day I'd like to think he does his best, and never sets out to intentionally frustrate people.

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Ah so you've gone from telling everyone they're wrong about their perception of the club to telling everyone who has a gripe against Jim that they're also wrong? That LCFC kool aid is strong stuff, isn't it?

FWIW Jim seems like a decent guy, and in the time I've known him he's been really nice. That being said, I can't thrust my personal experiences on other people's, so it's a shame if people have genuinely had issues with him. At the end of the day I'd like to think he does his best, and never sets out to intentionally frustrate people.

Apologies, didn't realise it was Jim who was caught celebrating on camera.

23 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I like jim and he is as helpful as he can be even when fronting ridiculous club decisions. 

My biggest gripe us the lack of email communications from the club... they have our email yet ecoectbysvto check the news on the website dailey 

Now I know that I can be pedantic about badly spelt words that can be worked out for their meaning.

But this one, perhaps you might agree, is beyond comprehension...

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There's zero chance of full capacity games this season, I'm convinced of that. Back when this was announced and people voiced their concerns, the usuals put them on blast calling them "ungrateful" yadda yadda yadda, but now it's conceivable that those that raised their issues with the club may have saved the collective fan base hundreds of thousands of pounds when that credit is carried over to next season. In the current climate especially that's a gargantuan amount of money so respect to anyone that spoke their piece and took flack for it, be it on here or on the cesspits of Facebook or Twitter. 

I hope they spent my £220 wisely. I guess it paid someone for about 25 mins.

• Haha 1