Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Same for me. I was critical and wanted clarification over that. The fact it was non-refundable was a disgrace but once they changed that I was okay with renewing.

It’s still non-refundable, if it carries over to 21/22 and for what ever reason you don’t or can’t renew you have lost the £70 but let’s be honest with ourselves the £70 is only going to offset against the probability of a 10% price rise for the 21/22 as I can’t see any club freezing prices next season 

28 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It’s still non-refundable, if it carries over to 21/22 and for what ever reason you don’t or can’t renew you have lost the £70 but let’s be honest with ourselves the £70 is only going to offset against the probability of a 10% price rise for the 21/22 as I can’t see any club freezing prices next season 

Of course, yeah, but I'm going with the fact I'll be renewing in 21/22 also.

I don't even know if Im gonna apply in the ballots though so I didn't know where I stood not paying the £70. It was like a all or nothing thing from my point of view.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Of course, yeah, but I'm going with the fact I'll be renewing in 21/22 also.

I don't even know if Im gonna apply in the ballots though so I didn't know where I stood not paying the £70. It was like a all or nothing thing from my point of view.

I agree I have only paid to keep it, I won’t be entering the ballots as I don’t want to pay match day prices on top of any future Season ticket fees should this season get to STH capacity 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MattFox said:

If what the CMO is saying today is correct I really can’t see how they are going to allow crowds back before Easter time.

Yeah I said on the fans returning thread on here, I’m expecting March next year at the very earliest for a bit of normality 

This was a situation where both choices had their positives and negatives but, ultimately, nobody was in the wrong with their decision. We've not been to football for six months- I think I was six years old when that last happened- and you do miss it, it's a huge part of people's lives and weekends. I totally understand why some didn't renew and it is such a shame that the threat of losing your ticket through no fault of your own was a factor either way.

Let's hope we're not in this position again and also that the club improves it's attitude towards fans with genuine concerns and gripes.

• Like 1

I wonder if fans aren’t allowed to enter until after Christmas if they’ll give the fans who didn’t renew a longer period with which they can extend? Some may have been unwilling to renew with the furlough scheme coming to an end, but happy to so it closer to Christmas. 

They probably won’t but it’s just a thought. 

17 hours ago, Katy said:

What has pissed me off the most (although not more than this £70 bollocks) is the fans on Twitter, jumping on anyone who dares complain about the club saying you’re not a real fan if you criticise. This ‘coach 1’ mentally has always riled me but never more so than now. 

The ironic thing is people were like “oh yeah we’ve had this we’ve had that” don’t be so ungrateful. Surely looking after the season ticket holders would be doing what Fulham/Man City have done. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I wonder if fans aren’t allowed to enter until after Christmas if they’ll give the fans who didn’t renew a longer period with which they can extend? Some may have been unwilling to renew with the furlough scheme coming to an end, but happy to so it closer to Christmas. 

They probably won’t but it’s just a thought. 

Despite the deadline being on Tuesday it’s still possible to renew your season ticket online on the site 

• Haha 2

I begrudgingly renewed, but the whole saga has left a very bitter taste for me.

The experience of going to home games has lost its magic over the last few years anyway- sterile matchday experience, lack of atmosphere, movement away from traditional fan culture. I get that they're primarily trying to cater to families and kids, but surely the fact that going to the football as a kid was a bit of a culture shock is what makes you fall in love with the game in the first place-  the noise, the buzz in the air, the swearing, the smells. Bit of a side issue I suppose, I'm just gradually falling out of love with the game.

Being treated entirely as a customer and not a fan here is just another nail in the coffin. I'm purely going for the pre/post-match beers and keeping in contact with mates these days.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I begrudgingly renewed, but the whole saga has left a very bitter taste for me.

The experience of going to home games has lost its magic over the last few years anyway- sterile matchday experience, lack of atmosphere, movement away from traditional fan culture. I get that they're primarily trying to cater to families and kids, but surely the fact that going to the football as a kid was a bit of a culture shock is what makes you fall in love with the game in the first place-  the noise, the buzz in the air, the swearing, the smells. Bit of a side issue I suppose, I'm just gradually falling out of love with the game.

Being treated entirely as a customer and not a fan here is just another nail in the coffin. I'm purely going for the pre/post-match beers and keeping in contact with mates these days.

I couldn't agree with this post any more. This is exactly how I feel. I won't take it away that the club has come a long way and won't ever forget what has been done in the last 10 years but just recently we as fans have been taken for granted and been given no thought, we have just become numbers to them.

21 hours ago, Katy said:

What has pissed me off the most (although not more than this £70 bollocks) is the fans on Twitter, jumping on anyone who dares complain about the club saying you’re not a real fan if you criticise. This ‘coach 1’ mentally has always riled me but never more so than now. 

There have been some appalling claims made though about the club ripping us off. Someone mentioned 'it being another stick with which to beat us'.

plenty of others alluding to being 'ripped off gain'.

It all got a bit hysterical.

1 minute ago, Wrighty22 said:

I couldn't agree with this post any more. This is exactly how I feel. I won't take it away that the club has come a long way and won't ever forget what has been done in the last 10 years but just recently we as fans have been taken for granted and been given no thought, we have just become numbers to them.

Can you expand on that?

Apart from the season tickets when else do you think the club has taken us for granted?

Just now, Wrighty22 said:

I was just referring to the season ticket issue really. 

It doesn't come over like that though does it? Sorry for picking you out as it applies to many but it seems a number of fans are now unhappy with the club but it's all down to just one thing.

I appreciate the club could have done better but personally I'm not going to let that poison things. Some clubs have dealt with it better than us, others have wanted a lot more than £70 upfront.

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

It doesn't come over like that though does it? Sorry for picking you out as it applies to many but it seems a number of fans are now unhappy with the club but it's all down to just one thing.

I appreciate the club could have done better but personally I'm not going to let that poison things. Some clubs have dealt with it better than us, others have wanted a lot more than £70 upfront.

If we're to be treated more as customers than fans then the parallel to this would be if you bought from a company it would only take one dud to make you think twice about buying from them again.

As fans we don't have that choice so all we can do is express our displeasure of this. The level of displeasure will vary just like it would for those buying the dud.

• Like 1

I appreciate that but for so many one here we went from the sublime to the ridiculous.

10 months ago we had the best owners, best manager and best team.

There's more of a connection between fans and club than there is between consumer and company I'd therefore expect there to be a bit more understanding and leeway given when the club makes a mistake. I spoke to Jim just before they decided to allow the £70 to roll over to next season. He seemed genuinely shocked at many of the comments he was reading. I couldn't disagree with him, as per normal there's an influx of negative posters when there's something to moan about.