Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

1 hour ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Just over 4 hours to go and only 1339 haven't renewed. So likely to finish just over double the usual (around 500 non renewals the last few years).

So could be a 1000 new regulars when we eventually get back. Hope they're young, noisy, over enthusiastic types to put some life back into the stadium. 

:scarf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The suits will be happy, so next time the opportunity comes around guess what, they'll take advantage again.

Completely agree with you on that but Interestingly if you look at the website right now it shows that 21,943 have renewed so the figure is actually lower then the figure I got 15 mins before the cut off 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Completely agree with you on that but Interestingly if you look at the website right now it shows that 21,943 have renewed so the figure is actually lower then the figure I got 15 mins before the cut off 

Alternatively if say only 80% had renewed they may start wondering do we need a bigger stadium or in the long run can we develop into a 'bigger' club. I think its great so many have renewed myself albeit many have done it to secure the ticket for the long run.

1 hour ago, djskydiver said:

Does anyone know when the ballot for members is for the unrenewed season tickets, I know non will be issued for this season but will they do the ballot in the next few weeks for the 21/22 season or at the end of the upcoming season? 

I didn't think they were selling new season tickets? 

2 hours ago, browniefox said:

I didn't think they were selling new season tickets? 

They aren't selling them for this season, but they will do for the 21/22 season (as it stands anyway).

I doubt they'll do the ballot until the end of the current season, they've probably got too much going on at the minute to even think about issuing new season tickets for 21/22, plus some members might not be too keen on paying up and purchasing an ST in the current climate.

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah, did you? Seem to remember you were quite critical of the scheme on Twitter as well.

Yeah begrudgingly, 20 years of being a season ticket holder with 400 away points meant they had me bent over a barrel. Think a lot of people were in the same boat of not wanting to pay out of principal but had no choice. Sad, really. Especially when other clubs have managed to manage the situation properly. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeah begrudgingly, 20 years of being a season ticket holder with 400 away points meant they had me bent over a barrel. Think a lot of people were in the same boat of not wanting to pay out of principal but had no choice. Sad, really. Especially when other clubs have managed to manage the situation properly. 

I think people were annoyed so much as they knew eventually they'll pay it, so it was just money for old rope. Everyone who is in the system had something to lose, from a member trying to build their home points to get a season ticket all the way up to the 400+ points bracket. 

I got the same copy and paste response to my own email about it, Jim's argument about Man City only doing it as they have so much money fell down real fast when Fulham announced the same kind of scheme.

With the cases going as they are I would be surprised if there are any full capacity games this season, so at least the £70 will carry over so it's not a total fleecing.

Maybe a stark realisation for some that this club is essentially a business, with profits first. You can wave your willy with 25-30 years of supporting, going every week. But it means the square root of jack all if you don't pay £70.

Like above, some people will be blinkered to the club, justify everything, question nothing. Hand over and continue to gloat at being a fan. Maybe they'll never be in the position where the club threatens to rip their loyalty away from them with the click of a finger.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The U-turn with the £70 carry over is what tipped the balance for me and probably most others. Not sure what I'd have done otherwise. 

Same for me. I was critical and wanted clarification over that. The fact it was non-refundable was a disgrace but once they changed that I was okay with renewing.

• Like 1