Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

On 12/09/2020 at 21:54, Robo61 said:

All it did was confirm that the £70 could be put towards your 2021/22 ST. Yes this should have been said originally,  but it is clear to me that was always going to be the case.

It's only clear if they say it, they didn't. 

Their excuse of saying oh well we expected there to be games so it didn't cross our minds was nonsense, as the original release specifically mentioned what happened in the even of no games and that was "no refund".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Blows my mind that people still think they pay the wages with their season tickets. 

Fair point lol

But I still don't understand the logic of raising roughly a million quid. Not sure what it achieves other than ill feeling, spliting the supporter base further as has been shown by the reaction of both sides.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Their excuse of saying oh well we expected there to be games so it didn't cross our minds was nonsense, as the original release specifically mentioned what happened in the even of no games and that was "no refund".

Unless I've missed something,  there will still be no refund for those that choose not to renew for 2021/22,  so no change then.

16 hours ago, lcfcforever16 said:

Tell that to Jim who was apparently saying that quote to someone who sent lcfc help an email from this forum! Jim is not suitable for his job! Just got some fame from that celebration when everyone else celebrated the same and he was just there in front of the camera in the right place at the right time. Overrated guy. He's always disappointed me with how he communicates with supporters. Needs some diplomatic skills.

You on drugs? Jim is a great guy. Takes a lot of stick when shouldn’t. Loves the club, knows it inside out. Goes the extra mile for a lot of people without needing to. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Bert said:

You on drugs? Jim is a great guy. Takes a lot of stick when shouldn’t. Loves the club, knows it inside out. Goes the extra mile for a lot of people without needing to. 

I can’t really disagree with any of that but The few dealings I have had with him have not be positive results in fact they have actually cost me money and I don’t particularly find that he is helpful to fans on Twitter, I’m aware there is other members of staff helping now but the answers are often not helpful 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Clearly you are missing something.

Just re-read the latest ST information and nowhere does it say there will be refunds, so clearly I have not missed anything.  Dont get me wrong I can see why people complained,  I just dont see it as the big deal some are making out it to be.

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

There's a big difference between a refund, and the deposit getting carried over into next season, they are 2 different things.

There's still no change from the original conditions. If you pay the £70 deposit, and season tickets do not resume until next season, and you then decide you DON'T want to renew, then you will not get your £70 back. That hasn't changed, and that is only only situation where refunds could potentially have applied (not this season because if season tickets resume this season those who paid the deposit have already committed to it and will be obliged to pay the pro-rata remainder). 

For those that DO intend to renew next season in the event of normal resumption then, the original info didn't state whether or not the deposit would carry over, some assumed it did, and some assumed it didn't (hence the outcry). The club then confirmed that it did, although that has nothing to do with refunds, which still won't be given. Nothing has changed from the original communication except clarification over this point, and the option to split the deposit into 2 payments of £35.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snik-Snok said:

There's a big difference between a refund, and the deposit getting carried over into next season, they are 2 different things.

There's still no change from the original conditions. If you pay the £70 deposit, and season tickets do not resume until next season, and you then decide you DON'T want to renew, then you will not get your £70 back. That hasn't changed, and that is only only situation where refunds could potentially have applied (not this season because if season tickets resume this season those who paid the deposit have already committed to it and will be obliged to pay the pro-rata remainder). 

For those that DO intend to renew next season in the event of normal resumption then, the original info didn't state whether or not the deposit would carry over, some assumed it did, and some assumed it didn't (hence the outcry). The club then confirmed that it did, although that has nothing to do with refunds, which still won't be given. Nothing has changed from the original communication except clarification over this point, and the option to split the deposit into 2 payments of £35.

Another one misses the point.

Omitting the fact it carries over is a pretty massive thing to miss out isn’t it. 

As I said to the OP, it wasn’t clear that would happen unless they actually say it. If they don’t say it then you have to presume it doesn’t, because it’s a pretty gigantic thing to miss.

Again, their excuse was that they always presumed the games would restart this season and that’s why it was missed off. And as my point above says, that’s nonsense because they clearly had thought about the games noT restarting as they literally talked about games not restarting in the original info when they talked about no refunds.

I’m well aware there are no refunds still, that wasn’t the point.

11 hours ago, Robo61 said:

Just re-read the latest ST information and nowhere does it say there will be refunds, so clearly I have not missed anything.  Dont get me wrong I can see why people complained,  I just dont see it as the big deal some are making out it to be.

I didn’t say there were now refunds.

I said it wasn’t “clear” it would be carried over.

I also that their excuse of it being missed off because they always presumed the season would restart is rubbish, as they literally added the no refunds t&c in regards the season not finishing, so they clearly had thought about it.

If a gigantic piece of info like that is missing, then it’s usually left out on purpose. It would have had a number of people signing it off, they aren’t idiots and would absolutely have considered next season.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

I didn’t say there were now refunds.

I said it wasn’t “clear” it would be carried over.

I also that their excuse of it being missed off because they always presumed the season would restart is rubbish, as they literally added the no refunds t&c in regards the season not finishing, so they clearly had thought about it.

If a gigantic piece of info like that is missing, then it’s usually left out on purpose. It would have had a number of people signing it off, they aren’t idiots and would absolutely have considered next season.

Guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree and I can  get back to being concerned about much bigger issues in the world today.

Guest Markyblue
Just now, snoopy87 said:

Soooo, how many didn't renew in the end then? Club still allowing you to buy online even though the deadlines passed?

Around 1000 i think, but not sure.

6 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Soooo, how many didn't renew in the end then? Club still allowing you to buy online even though the deadlines passed?

Season Ticket sales closed 7 days after they originally said it would, there was around 100 tickets left at the end 

On 12/09/2020 at 21:46, Robo61 said:

No we would not have,  as they have now made clear.   Wolves charge over £100 a season more for their ST's but apparently in your eyes they look after their supporters better than our owners whose only crime seems to be a minor omission in communicating.

Tbf, ownership has nothing to do with it. Top won't know if we're paying £70 or £700. Same as Wolves owners. 

Like any business there will be departments and people in those departments.

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf, ownership has nothing to do with it. Top won't know if we're paying £70 or £700. Same as Wolves owners. 

Like any business there will be departments and people in those departments.

I'm fairly sure that both Vichai and Top know how to run a business well and would be well aware of how how comparable or ST prices are when compared to other teams.

I'm certain that if they hadn't found out that our CEO Susan Whelan would have informed them.

It would be a very strange way to run any business by not knowing where part of your income is coming from and what percentage it is of your overall income.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Or take the view they offered people more time in case they wanted to renew and couldn't prior to the deadline. 

I'll put it down to more concern about nearly 1k tickets not being renewed than giving an unannounced extension on the renewal date. People knew when and what time the cut off was.

I am a cynic mind! (and after a s/t for my little one(s))

Edited by snoopy87

37 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

So essentially, the club bottled it on the deadline date

From what I gather they basically called up everyone who hadn't renewed and gave them the opportunity. I guess there will be some folk who missed the deadline for genuine reasons and the club gave them some grace.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to drag this thread up again but I was on the website trying to sort my preorder for the Thailand shirt after being given the run around all day and have just noticed this on my account and not seen it mentioned anywhere before 

Refund claims for November 1st 2020?

B5A65C39-003C-411F-93CC-E6C218B52CB8.thumb.png.f6987510e92bf34a8b55e99331ba293b.png

• 1 month later...
On 02/10/2020 at 20:24, UniFox21 said:

Few posts slagging Jim off above. This post shows that whilst he may get things wrong, he does go above for many a fan.

It's all subjective and selective occasions of him doing the right thing, often he has no tactfulness or dexterity in his words and actions, causes more harm than good, I prefer avoiding him from past experience. The guy is out of his depth and just does stuff like this so that sycophants can praise him online, I see through his bullshit. No offence.

• Sad 1