Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

40 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

The club have been phoning up those who haven't renewed. They allowed someone to renew today, over 36 hours after the cutoff when I'm sure there were many waiting to buy ans STs that hadn't been renewed.

I posted this morning that STH can still renew online despite the deadline being on Tuesday, weirdly the figure is back to roughly where it was when I posted 15 mins before the deadline as when I looked 15 mins past the deadline the renewal figure had dropped by around an hundred 

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Can you expand on that?

Apart from the season tickets when else do you think the club has taken us for granted?

I'll throw in the changes to booking fees, price of CL match tickets and the outright lie about ticket collection points being UEFA policy.

• Like 1

let mine expire. 12 years ST holder, no more. 

tbh, missed a load of games last season; started to feel the atmosphere was off and VAR ruining the experience on top of that. 

don't wanna sit in a 1/3 full stadium in silence and go through the ballot nonsense for tickets. would have taken option to defer if it existed but seems silly to pay £70 to not enter any ballots - they just denied other people the opportunity to enjoy some games for a season.

badly handled. not the worst, but not the best by any stretch.

I'll miss it for sure but kind of looking forward to a break without that commitment.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bert said:

The ironic thing is people were like “oh yeah we’ve had this we’ve had that” don’t be so ungrateful. Surely looking after the season ticket holders would be doing what Fulham/Man City have done. 

Yes, exactly. Some of them can’t see further than a free doughnut though 😕

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

There have been some appalling claims made though about the club ripping us off. Someone mentioned 'it being another stick with which to beat us'.

plenty of others alluding to being 'ripped off gain'.

It all got a bit hysterical.

I think I mentioned the stick on here, I stand by it. Football fans have been shat on from a great height since the beginning of the Premier League. We’re not fans anymore we’re customers, we’re money makers. They know full well that we’ll keep coming back each time because we love our club. Yes, some will have the courage of their convictions but a lot won’t.

Supporting Leicester is all some people have but it doesn’t make it right to throw crap like this at us and expect us to put up with it. Ok, they let us pay over two months but why have it at all? It’s totally unnecessary and has left a bad taste in a lot of mouths. Someone has sat down and thought £70 is a good amount to charge us for an adult, now that is a very specific amount of money. Why £70? What’s it for exactly? 

They haven't put up season ticket prices in 5 years yet you're upset by the booking fee?

Where our CL tickets more expensive than any other club?

Seems to be standard practice to make fans pick up tickets when abroad. If they hadn't there would have been large scale abuse of the priority points system.

Plenty of people I know would have used a mate's ST to get a CL ticket.

Regardless of the rest as I don't know how other clubs handle Europe, the booking fee is wrong and a pointless/silent fee. There is no need for it and it's as if we're customers not supporters.

They shouldn't need to put up ST prices, and fair play they haven't, but the money they make from Sky/Premier League is ridiculous.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Yes N'Didi said:

They've also now opened up memberships for new members. Clearly haven't hit full membership renewals.

Not happy with that. Newbies get to enter the ballot for 10% of the reduced allocation, if/when we're allowed back and those members with high priority points only have the same chance of being selected as them but no option to obtain a ST.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Katy said:

I think I mentioned the stick on here, I stand by it. Football fans have been shat on from a great height since the beginning of the Premier League. We’re not fans anymore we’re customers, we’re money makers. They know full well that we’ll keep coming back each time because we love our club. Yes, some will have the courage of their convictions but a lot won’t.

Supporting Leicester is all some people have but it doesn’t make it right to throw crap like this at us and expect us to put up with it. Ok, they let us pay over two months but why have it at all? It’s totally unnecessary and has left a bad taste in a lot of mouths. Someone has sat down and thought £70 is a good amount to charge us for an adult, now that is a very specific amount of money. Why £70? What’s it for exactly? 

You're using the PL shatting on fans as a stick with which to beat the club.

They are two completely different beasts. The PL moving games at the last minute etc why should the club get pelters over that.

There aren't many fans of any club who are completely satisfied with how STs are being dealt with next season. As the vast majority of us probably pay at least £430 a season I don't think stumping up £70 to let the club know how many ST holders they have going forward (important I would have thought when they're looking at ground expansion) is that bad. If they had said you can all not bother renewing this season and you'll all have the chance of continuing as ST holders the following season they would have had no idea of potential take up. Now they know that the vast majority are sticking with the club.

50 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Regardless of the rest as I don't know how other clubs handle Europe, the booking fee is wrong and a pointless/silent fee. There is no need for it and it's as if we're customers not supporters.

They shouldn't need to put up ST prices, and fair play they haven't, but the money they make from Sky/Premier League is ridiculous.

Find me another ticket you can buy for any event that doesn't involve a booking fee. Do you go to gigs? The booking fee on those are obscene.

There was always a booking fee, how much has the increase actually added to your costs over a season as a percentage?

How much has it added to the cost of attending games over the last 5 seasons when ST prices haven't increased.

Yes the club get a lot of money from TV, ideally that should be used to offset ticket prices but that was never going to happen as players transfers and salaries have gobbled it all up. We sell out every game, what other business decides to cut prices or hold them for five seasons.

How many other clubs have frozen their prices for so long.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Not happy with that. Newbies get to enter the ballot for 10% of the reduced allocation, if/when we're allowed back and those members with high priority points only have the same chance of being selected as them but no option to obtain a ST.

Pressumably a new member will have the same chance of obtaining a ticket as someone with a lot of home points who has been in the system since it's inception.

It was always going to be a tricky situation but have they handled any of this well?

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I'll throw in the changes to booking fees, price of CL match tickets and the outright lie about ticket collection points being UEFA policy.

I thought this was weird at the time but haven't thought about it since... what was the benefit to the club to make it up? I was lucky that collecting my tickets went smoothly but spoke to a lot of people that nearly missed out on tickets or weren't able to collect etc. 

You're using the PL shatting on fans as a stick with which to beat the club.

They are two completely different beasts. The PL moving games at the last minute etc why should the club get pelters over that.

There aren't many fans of any club who are completely satisfied with how STs are being dealt with next season. As the vast majority of us probably pay at least £430 a season I don't think stumping up £70 to let the club know how many ST holders they have going forward (important I would have thought when they're looking at ground expansion) is that bad. If they had said you can all not bother renewing this season and you'll all have the chance of continuing as ST holders the following season they would have had no idea of potential take up. Now they know that the vast majority are sticking with the club.

Ok but clubs all have a vote and they all vote to be bossed about by the Premier League. Why? Money. Pure and simple. PL clubs have more money than they could ever imagine, the least they could do is pass that down to the fans and I don’t mean in doughnuts and caps. Booking fees? Ridiculous. I’m asking why £70? Why that figure? I need to pay £100 for my ticket and an under 18. Not a huge amount you might think but what about people who have numerous season tickets or memberships for family members? It all adds up to a lot and, in the current climate - tone deaf! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

I thought this was weird at the time but haven't thought about it since... what was the benefit to the club to make it up? I was lucky that collecting my tickets went smoothly but spoke to a lot of people that nearly missed out on tickets or weren't able to collect etc. 

Because they didn't leave the pub in time?

I had no problem picking up the tickets for games where I had enough points. For the two games where I couldn't get a ticket I went in the home end but if they'd have allowed us to pick up tickets at home I'd have gone in the away for all the games. That would have been at the expense of someone with more points than me.

I don't see there was any benefit to the club, in fact I'd have thought it made their job all the more harder. It was the real fans who benefited rather than those who had mates with priority points but who had no intention of going and so passed/sold them on.

If we'd have picked up the tickets at home there would have been a huge market in selling them on.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Katy said:

Ok but clubs all have a vote and they all vote to be bossed about by the Premier League. Why? Money. Pure and simple. PL clubs have more money than they could ever imagine, the least they could do is pass that down to the fans and I don’t mean in doughnuts and caps. Booking fees? Ridiculous. I’m asking why £70? Why that figure? I need to pay £100 for my ticket and an under 18. Not a huge amount you might think but what about people who have numerous season tickets or memberships for family members? It all adds up to a lot and, in the current climate - tone deaf! 

Imagine if they'd charged the full amount up front (which some clubs have done and the give refunds as each game goes by) how much would that have cost you or people with numerous STs?

Why £70??

What figure, apart from nothing, would you have been happy with?

I explained why I thought they made a charge (to see how many ST holders we'd likely have for 21/22 and ground expansion).

Edited by hackneyfox

Find me another ticket you can buy for any event that doesn't involve a booking fee. Do you go to gigs? The booking fee on those are obscene.

There was always a booking fee, how much has the increase actually added to your costs over a season as a percentage?

How much has it added to the cost of attending games over the last 5 seasons when ST prices haven't increased.

Yes the club get a lot of money from TV, ideally that should be used to offset ticket prices but that was never going to happen as players transfers and salaries have gobbled it all up. We sell out every game, what other business decides to cut prices or hold them for five seasons.

How many other clubs have frozen their prices for so long.

I got to gigs at the right prices. There's plenty of bands I love but don't pay to go see them if their price becomes ridiculous. I might choose to see another band. I don't just walk away from LCFC.

I can't remember what the booking fee is atm (£1 or £1.50) but I average about 10-14 away games a season (depending on the league, for example this season with Leeds/WBA up I'd have done more) and buy two tickets at a time. So that's £2 booking fee every time. That totals to at least £24 which is nearly the price of another away ticket for another game. And over two seasons that's £48. (I can't remember when they brought it in but I think it was last season). I'd rather them shove my ST up to £450 (I currently pay £420) instead of me having to pay £1 for every away ticket I buy.

I don't have a clue about other clubs but it's a fallacy that only we do it. Pretty sure Man Utd have nearly had 10 years of a freeze and Liverpool are up to 4 or 5 years. And yes their prices are probably more expensive overall but consider size of clubs.

I don't really disagree with your other points I quoted but the booking fee is the one that annoys me.

Edited by Fox92

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I got to gigs at the right prices. There's plenty of bands I love but don't pay to go see them if their price becomes ridiculous. I might choose to see another band. I don't just walk away from LCFC.

I can't remember what the booking fee is atm (£1 or £1.50) but I average about 10-14 away games a season (depending on the league, for example this season with Leeds/WBA up I'd have done more) and buy two tickets at a time. So that's £2 booking fee every time. That totals to at least £24 which is nearly the price of another away ticket for another game. And over two seasons that's £48. (I can't remember when they brought it in but I think it was last season). I'd rather them shove my ST up to £450 (I currently pay £420) instead of me having to pay £1 for every away ticket I buy.

Strange maths.

If you're buying two tickets then it's for two people so actually only £10 to £14 or less than half the price of one game. If you choose not to pass that booking fee on to the other person that's your choice.

If they put up ST prices by £30 then that would be £60 for two people, a lot more than £24.

If they put up ST prices by over 7% there would be a meltdown from many including I'm sure Katy.

I hadn't claimed that it was only us who had frozen prices.

Only Man City at £320 (they raised prices by 3% two years ago and West Ham at £325 offer a cheaper ST than we do at £365.

Edited by hackneyfox

I thought there had always been a booking fee.

They just changed it to per ticket rather than per transaction.

For the 2020/21 season, booking fees for matchday tickets will be charged at £1.50 per transaction up to a maximum of four tickets. Transactions of five or more tickets will be charged at £2.50

So £1.50 for 1 down to £0.38 each if 4 buy or a max of £0.50 each if 5 booking and then dropping for every extra after 5.

Is it really worth getting that upset about? I doubt there's anyone where that has been the deciding factor as to whether they attend a game or not. You've already forked out £30 for a ticket plus the cost of the away travel and food and drinks.

Edited by hackneyfox

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

They haven't put up season ticket prices in 5 years yet you're upset by the booking fee?

Where our CL tickets more expensive than any other club?

Seems to be standard practice to make fans pick up tickets when abroad. If they hadn't there would have been large scale abuse of the priority points system.

Plenty of people I know would have used a mate's ST to get a CL ticket.

I think what annoyed people was when the club lied to the fans and said it was mandatory to pick tickets up in the host city. It isn't mandatory at all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I thought there had always been a booking fee.

They just changed it to per ticket rather than per transaction.

For the 2020/21 season, booking fees for matchday tickets will be charged at £1.50 per transaction up to a maximum of four tickets. Transactions of five or more tickets will be charged at £2.50

So £1.50 for 1 down to £0.38 each if 4 buy or a max of £0.50 each if 5 booking and then dropping for every extra after 5.

Is it really worth getting that upset about? I doubt there's anyone where that has been the deciding factor as to whether they attend a game or not. You've already forked out £30 for a ticket plus the cost of the away travel and food and drinks.

It's per ticket

The below fees are applied per ticket purchased. These fees are applied online and over the phone, there are no additional fees in the Foxes Fanstore.

The fees are applied regardless of the delivery method (including Print@Home).

• Thanks 1