Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think what annoyed people was when the club lied to the fans and said it was mandatory to pick tickets up in the host city. It isn't mandatory at all.

I'd have been better off if they hadn't have done that but the only fans moaning where those who didn't have enough priority points and were hoping to pick up tickets off mates who had the points but no intention of going.

Again people finding something to moan about when it actually helped those who had the points by supporting the club over years.

We had over the years lazily got our away tickets via someone who had the ST numbers of people who never went. With their permission he used their tickets to buy and pass on tickets to people who didn't have enough points. We assumed we'd do the same for CL tickets. Now we ensure we buy our own away tickets and so the club have a much realistic idea of who is actually going.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

It's per ticket

The below fees are applied per ticket purchased. These fees are applied online and over the phone, there are no additional fees in the Foxes Fanstore.

The fees are applied regardless of the delivery method (including Print@Home).

I quoted that directly from the club webpage.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1758561/updated--202021-season-season-tickets-memberships-and-planning-for-the-return-of-supporters/press-release about 3/4 of the way down.

If ten of you were going why would you pay £25 in transaction fees (£2.50 for five or more)?

You'd buy ten singles at £1.50 each.

I appreciate that the above was only changed recently but isn't that a sign that they've taken on board fan feedback.

I haven't heard of anywhere else in the world of entertainment doing similar. It''s per ticket however many go.

Edited by hackneyfox

17 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I'd have been better off if they hadn't have done that but the only fans moaning where those who didn't have enough priority points and were hoping to pick up tickets off mates who had the points but no intention of going.

Again people finding something to moan about when it actually helped those who had the points by supporting the club over years.

We had over the years lazily got our away tickets via someone who had the ST numbers of people who never went. With their permission he used their tickets to buy and pass on tickets to people who didn't have enough points. We assumed we'd do the same for CL tickets. Now we ensure we buy our own away tickets and so the club have a much realistic idea of who is actually going.

Why lie though?

Probably because they didn't have the staff to answer the numerous calls from fans hoping to get a ticket they didn't have a right to.

So even after I've explained why it was a good idea you're still finding a reason to have a go at the club.

Personally Id have got a train to Timbuktu to pick up my ticket before flying on to Bruges etc.

Champions League man diilyding dillydong. We hadn't done it before, badly fcuked up the previous Atletico Madrid game, so perhaps took advice from other teams who had more experience.

7 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Probably because they didn't have the staff to answer the numerous calls from fans hoping to get a ticket they didn't have a right to.

So even after I've explained why it was a good idea you're still finding a reason to have a go at the club.

Personally Id have got a train to Timbuktu to pick up my ticket before flying on to Bruges etc.

Champions League man diilyding dillydong. We hadn't done it before, badly fcuked up the previous Atletico Madrid game, so perhaps took advice from other teams who had more experience.

You're missing the point entirely. If they said "in line with UEFA advice, we have decided to issue tickets in the home city" or whatever, then no one could have any gripes. 

As it was, they lied and said it was mandatory, when it isn't, and thought they could get away with it, which to be fair they probably did as people just took it as verbatim.

11 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Blimey, Hackney is exactly the type of fan LCFC go crazy for. Defend at all costs and dismiss any criticism with a "yeah but..."

Props to you for the stout defence, but I doubt it'll convince those they've made a concerted effort to alienate over the last couple of years much comfort.

I don't defend at all costs, told Jim I wasn't happy about having to pay matchday prices.

Just get peeved when people make out the club have been screwing us over for years.

9 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Does it really matter?

All the things this club has achieved over the last few years and you're upset because of a bit of wording.

I notice you didn't disagree about my point of the tickets then going to those who deserved them (in general).

No I don't disagree with tickets going to the people that deserve them, I never said that at all. 

It's not so much the specifics, more the attitude that the club would be happy to lie and think they could get away with it. Just leave it at that.

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Imagine if they'd charged the full amount up front (which some clubs have done and the give refunds as each game goes by) how much would that have cost you or people with numerous STs?

Why £70??

What figure, apart from nothing, would you have been happy with?

I explained why I thought they made a charge (to see how many ST holders we'd likely have for 21/22 and ground expansion).

We’re going round in circles with this. Other clubs have handled it horribly, not just ours so there’s not much point comparing In that respect. I’m sure just registering your interest in retaining your season ticket would’ve sufficed. Anyway, I’ll say nothing more about it, I think I’ve made my point. 

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think what annoyed people was when the club lied to the fans and said it was mandatory to pick tickets up in the host city. It isn't mandatory at all.

If it is mandatory or not it is the right thing to do. The absolute piss take of United away and Chelsea away in the title winning season showed just how many of our away tickets go to the wrong people. It would have been the same for the Champions League has they not done this. This was the right decision and picking up tickets was easy and trouble free. (I collected at every away with no problems).

9 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

If it is mandatory or not it is the right thing to do. The absolute piss take of United away and Chelsea away in the title winning season showed just how many of our away tickets go to the wrong people. It would have been the same for the Champions League has they not done this. This was the right decision and picking up tickets was easy and trouble free. (I collected at every away with no problems).

I was on the FCC at the time.  There was a discussion over the ability of someone to use their points to buy a ticket for someone else to attend.   Even susan was not hard about it...  the arguement that a season ticket allowed a bottom to sit on a seat was not contentious..... however... it seemed reasonable to ensure that tickets were not resold and that leicester fans would be sitting together to support the team... not with a load of rich jonnies

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

I quoted that directly from the club webpage.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1758561/updated--202021-season-season-tickets-memberships-and-planning-for-the-return-of-supporters/press-release about 3/4 of the way down.

If ten of you were going why would you pay £25 in transaction fees (£2.50 for five or more)?

You'd buy ten singles at £1.50 each.

I appreciate that the above was only changed recently but isn't that a sign that they've taken on board fan feedback.

I haven't heard of anywhere else in the world of entertainment doing similar. It''s per ticket however many go.

Just wondering if Fox 92 has seen this.

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I've said about 3 times already I'm not arguing that collection in the host city was right or not, I'm saying it was wrong for the club to lie.

With some regret, I had to let my season tickets lapse. I've had a significant change in domestic circumstances which meant I was wavering anyway. Missed quite a few games last season anyway for various reasons. Couldn't justify the combination of family stuff, apathy, the £75 retainer fee and then having to pay full whack to see games in a watered-down environment.

Day after the "deadline" I got a call from the club saying I could still renew if I wanted, but I've stuck with my decision.

Left with the lingering "fear of missing out" feeling but in reality I'm not that bothered. Gives someone else a chance to get a ST I guess. 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Well done Wolves

“Unlike other Premier League clubs, Wolves will not be asking supporters to pay for a full season ticket up front when they will not have access to every home league game, and will instead be offering 2019/20 season ticket holders the chance to buy tickets on a match-by-match basis, when they feel safe, ready and comfortable to attend.”

If not before this and Fulham’s decisions it certainly brings the “they can do it because they are rich” argument to its knees 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

“Unlike other Premier League clubs, Wolves will not be asking supporters to pay for a full season ticket up front when they will not have access to every home league game, and will instead be offering 2019/20 season ticket holders the chance to buy tickets on a match-by-match basis, when they feel safe, ready and comfortable to attend.”

If not before this and Fulham’s decisions it certainly brings the “they can do it because they are rich” argument to its knees 

Well, they still can, and they've chosen not to - more power to them.

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Although Fulham's owner is the 2nd or 3rd richest club owner - I know club finances are separate but he's worth about £7.5bn. Fulham will be in a worse position than anyone when fans are allowed, access is difficult to ensure distancing and they're a stand down this season anyway.

5 hours ago, Katy said:

“Putting fans first” 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

https://www.wolves.co.uk/media/8315/prices1920.pdf

Really,  my ST has cost me some £58 less than it would have done at Molyneax and I still have a £70 credit.  When considering the clubs attitude to supporters we really should all try to look at the overall package.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robo61 said:

https://www.wolves.co.uk/media/8315/prices1920.pdf

Really,  my ST has cost me some £58 less than it would have done at Molyneax and I still have a £70 credit.  When considering the clubs attitude to supporters we really should all try to look at the overall package.  

Yes, looking forward to more doughnuts and caps as soon as possible. Funny how they had to be mythered into making the £70 mean something though eh?