Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC Women To Go Professional

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have been more interested if it had been allowed to continue to grow organically but now it's been taken over and dominated by the top PL teams it's just become a reflection of the unequal PL and I'm only interested in that because that's where LCFC find themselves.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'd have been more interested if it had been allowed to continue to grow organically but now it's been taken over and dominated by the top PL teams it's just become a reflection of the unequal PL and I'm only interested in that because that's where LCFC find themselves.

Yeah it is a shame to see that, especially when you see Man Utd's team only just come into existence and then immediately walk the second tier.

It would have been interesting to see how more traditional powerhouses of the women's game like Everton and Doncaster would've got on if things were more organic.

But saying that, Coventry United are in the women's second tier after separating from Coventry City and becoming affiliated with the men's non-league side instead. London City Lionesses are in the same division after breaking away from Millwall Lionesses. Durham are also in WSL 2 as are London Bees (affiliated with Barnet). And then there's Liverpool who won the top tier in 2013 and 2014 but got relegated last season.

So there's plenty of interest outside of the ladies' versions of the tradition men's powerhouses even if it does seem like it's going that way at the very top.

On 07/09/2020 at 17:21, ALC Fox said:

Yeah it is a shame to see that, especially when you see Man Utd's team only just come into existence and then immediately walk the second tier.

It would have been interesting to see how more traditional powerhouses of the women's game like Everton and Doncaster would've got on if things were more organic.

So there's plenty of interest outside of the ladies' versions of the tradition men's powerhouses even if it does seem like it's going that way at the very top.

Truth is, it's the best thing for the players. They have instant access to top level trainers, infrastructure, and higher pay; and probably coaching.

They can also more easily survive the economic ups and downs of women's team sports.

The U.S. complete separation model has led to several failed leagues with false dawn stories every 4 years when  the Women's World Cup causes a temporary rise in attendance.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

An opinion that added nothing to the thread. Perhaps avoid this thread if the women's team isn't your thing.

I’ve got nothing against women’s football or our women’s team. I was surprised at how poor the quality was after reading some of the previous posts. 

Is it an under 12s team who can only be praised and nothing else? How many players get slated on every other thread? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’ve got nothing against women’s football or our women’s team. I was surprised at how poor the quality was after reading some of the previous posts. 

Is it an under 12s team who can only be praised and nothing else? How many players get slated on every other thread? 

Move along, man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1