Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Why does Tuchel love Werner so much anyway seems weird. 

Because he works hard off the ball and links up very well. If he finds his shooting boots, he'll be devastating.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Why does Tuchel love Werner so much anyway seems weird. 

Werner isn’t as bad as people make out. It’s funny laughing at his misses and he needs to work on his finishing but he provides a lot more than just goal scoring. His work rate, runs and assists make him a pretty worthy starter. If he can find his shooting boots he would be some player

• Like 2

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Because he works hard off the ball and link up very well. If he finds his shooting boots, he'll be devastating.

I really like watching Werner play. His movement is fantastic, he just has absolutely no composure which provides some add comedy value.

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

A bit unfair for Werner, Sterling and Stones me thinks. Let's wait the next season for the former, Sterling suffered from the change of style, more suited to mahrez and Foden, and the departure of D. Silva and Stones played really well this season. Dias being by his side is no coincidence though. 

Never rated Sterling. He just runs into defenders and can't strike a ball properly. He benefitted from a style that meant he got lots of tap ins, and it got his numbers up. They've changed style and his numbers have suffered, but he's still the same player outside the six yard box. Wasteful and weak and kicking a ball with less power than my 5 year old nephew.

Stones is still a car crash, like you say his flaws are being masked by Dias. Take Dias out and he's just as bad as he always was.

Werner had one excellent scoring season at Liepzig, he's not done it for long enough for me to be convinced which is the real him. He's been shocking this year. If not missing sitters, then he's offside.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Werner isn’t as bad as people make out. It’s funny laughing at his misses and he needs to work on his finishing but he provides a lot more than just goal scoring. His work rate, runs and assists make him a pretty worthy starter. If he can find his shooting boots he would be some player

90% of the time hes offside so his runs are not that great and work rate runs should be part and parcel of for a striker hes bang average mate

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

“If he could just add scoring to his game he would be class” yeah but that’s his job.

But he is a goalscorer, he’s just in poor form in front of goal. Averaged well over 1 in 2 in Germany over 4 seasons before signing for Chelsea.

6 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Because he works hard off the ball and links up very well. If he finds his shooting boots, he'll be devastating.

So would Albrighton ….,

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

“If he could just add scoring to his game he would be class” yeah but that’s his job.

The thing is before this season he’s had a fantastic scoring record. Also for a modern striker there’s a lot more to his job than just scoring 

Just now, fox_up_north said:

Werner does look a massive waste of money but his runs have been good

I get the feeling he’ll click at some point. Gets in all the right places though.

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

The decline of Raheem Sterling from Peak Hazard to Ayoze Perez on an off day has been absolutely remarkable. 

Should be behind Foden, Grealish, Sancho and Rashford in the wide areas for England. Probably Barnes too if he was fit.

But he will start. Gareth will Gareth.

Just now, Sly said:

Makes you smile that we’ve beaten both of these. 

It’ll be interesting to see what Manchester City look like if they sign Messi. 

And one of those to win a trophy, too. Makes it much sweeter. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The decline of Raheem Sterling from Peak Hazard to Ayoze Perez on an off day has been absolutely remarkable. 

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Chilwell playing well tbf.

As for sterling, was.never that keen on peak sterling anyway The amount of open goal misses from one yard always concerned me, even at his best

Given his form I'm very surprised Pep opted for him. Been so off the pace it's ridiculous. I hope he improves his form for Euros. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Never rated Sterling. He just runs into defenders and can't strike a ball properly. He benefitted from a style that meant he got lots of tap ins, and it got his numbers up. They've changed style and his numbers have suffered, but he's still the same player outside the six yard box. Wasteful and weak and kicking a ball with less power than my 5 year old nephew.

Stones is still a car crash, like you say his flaws are being masked by Dias. Take Dias out and he's just as bad as he always was.

Werner had one excellent scoring season at Liepzig, he's not done it for long enough for me to be convinced which is the real him. He's been shocking this year. If not missing sitters, then he's offside.

He still has a knack at finding himself into position to score these tap-ins which is no mean feat imo. Obviously his main strength is his pace so when Man City evolved to a more composed possession style, it was clear that that advantage was off the table. I think that he's a player who won't age well if he doesn't add a string or two to his bow.

We'll see if that happens in the Euros. His partnership Harry 'tanker' Maguire will be quite something to see.

I suggest to give him at least one more season before writing him off.