Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

Chelsea have played well and just about deserve the lead. 

Man City are very vulnerable at the back, problem is teams give them too much respect and put emphasis on stopping them. 

They're beatable if you're brave and take chances

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Not knocking Sterling getting in there to tap them in, but as said the style played to that. He's essentially a winger with no skill, who can't cross and can't shoot. He's weaker version of Adama Traore.

Bit harsh but if he doesn't improve his technical side, he's condemned to sit on the bench. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ugh. Havertz. One easy ball through 

Pep screwed it up again by messing with his best starting XI. Quite the uphill battle for ManCity now.

Just now, peterborofox said:

Chelsea have played well and just about deserve the lead. 

Man City are very vulnerable at the back, problem is teams give them too much respect and put emphasis on stopping them. 

They're beatable if you're brave and take chances

Full of great and potential some of the best technical players in the world. Dias is class but the rest of that defence, id swap for Chelsea’s in a heart beat. 

To then not protect them with a solid holding player is criminal, especially when you know Kante will turn you over. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Bit harsh but if he doesn't improve his technical side, he's condemned to sit on the bench. 

Pep screwed it up again by messing with his best starting XI. Quite the uphill battle for ManCity now.

I don't think it's harsh, it's just reality. He's 26, if he's not got it now, I don't hold much hope.

Just now, Sly said:

Full of great and potential some of the best technical players in the world. Dias is class but the rest of that defence, id swap for Chelsea’s in a heart beat. 

To then not protect them with a solid holding player is criminal, especially when you know Kante will turn you over. 

Agree mate. 

Kante is the counter attack king, and he's had far too much time and space to drive the ball forward. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Reece James has been absolutely brilliant so far

I’ve been really impressed with him these past few weeks. I’d start both of them for England and find somewhere for shoehorning TAA in midfield. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Why would you play with no striker. He needs to get Aguero on and Sterling off, push Foden wide.

They did it the whole season, it's not the problem. Chelsea's midfield is packed and as good as you can get, yet he chose to go without DM. 

Just now, peterborofox said:

Agree mate. 

Kante is the counter attack king, and he's had far too much time and space to drive the ball forward. 

Imagine if they had a peak Vardy type player, they’d be deadly. Martinez at Inter is the one they need really. 

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Pep over thinking it or trying to be to clever.

I really doubt he is trying to be clever ffs. He picked the team he thinks will win, he obviously has his reasons. Pep is one of the greatest mangers of all time. 

Honestly I know Chilwell is a bit of a tool but I’m not that bothered. 

Chelsea are pressing really well and deserve the lead, Werner is the only reason Man City are still in the game. 

The Phil Foden love in has been muted and it’s time for Pep to step up and get something out of them in the second half.