Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Celtic will drop in to the Europa League and absolutely shit all over us at Parkhead one evening.

I may be wrong but unless they get to the final round of qualifiers, they’ll be out of Europe all together. Strike that, they’ll go into Europa league qualifiers instead, so possibly if they can get through those!!

Edited by DerbyshireFox

2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I may be wrong but unless they get to the final round of qualifiers, they’ll be out of Europe all together

Second qualifying round[edit]

The draw for the second qualifying round was held on 10 August 2020, 12:00 CEST.[53] The matches are played on 25 and 26 August 2020.

Champions Path
Team 1  Score  Team 2
CFR Cluj Romania 26 Aug (1) Croatia Dinamo Zagreb
Young Boys Switzerland 3–1 Faroe Islands 
Celtic Scotland 26 Aug (3) Hungary Ferencváros
Sūduva Lithuania 0–3 Israel Maccabi Tel Aviv
Legia Warsaw Poland 26 Aug (5) Cyprus Omonia
Celje Slovenia 1–2 Norway Molde
Ludogorets Razgrad Bulgaria 0–1 Denmark Midtjylland
Dynamo Brest Belarus 2–1 Bosnia and Herzegovina Sarajevo
Qarabağ Azerbaijan 2–1 Moldova Sheriff Tiraspol
Tirana Albania 0–1 Serbia Red Star Belgrade
League Path
Team 1  Score  Team 2
AZ Netherlands 3–1 (a.e.t.) Czech Republic Viktoria Plzeň
PAOK Greece 3–1 Turkey Beşiktaş
Lokomotiva Croatia 0–1 Austria Rapid Wien

From the 10 losers of the Champions Path, 8 will enter the 2020–21 UEFA Europa League third qualifying round (Champions Path) and 2 (to be determined by draw) will enter the 2020–21 UEFA Europa League play-off round (Champions Path); the losers of the League Path will enter the 2020–21 UEFA Europa League third qualifying round (Main Path).

That's from Wiki.

• Thanks 1

I'm no admirer of Celtic or Rangers, but it's a real shame not to have Scottish representation in the Champions League group stages.

Personally I'd really like to see the overall strength of the Scottish league improve and have Scottish teams go well in Europe.

Scotland has a very rich footballing history, so I think it's quite sad to see them in the doldrums.

• Haha 2

Just sums the quality of scottish football, I don't think it's just the money I think the top class players in europe just don't want play there in that awful SPL. Best way forward for likes of Rangers and Celtic is to join the English at least then could attract better players.

A full strength Leicester side at an empty Parkhead, thus taking away Celtic's atmosphere as their only real advantage, takes three points. Absolutely no doubt. The only thing we'd have to worry about is having to rely on our woeful squad depth at a packed and poisonous Parkhead. 

17 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Beyond me how people think we're above losing at Celtic. You have watched us recently right? We'd be prime candidates for it. I want literally anybody bar them.

Have you not seen tonight’s result?

i really wouldn’t lose any sleep worrying about it, quite likely they won’t make the groups! 😂

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Have you not seen tonight’s result?

i really wouldn’t lose any sleep worrying about it, quite likely they won’t make the groups! 😂

We lost at Norwich and Bournemouth last season. We are capable of losing at Celtic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Beyond me how people think we're above losing at Celtic. You have watched us recently right? We'd be prime candidates for it. I want literally anybody bar them.

We'll batter them it's not question about it. Dont understand this mentality, we shouldn't be worried about playing ****ing celtic lol and if we are the rot has already set in

Based on the end of last season, there's a not a single team I'd fancy us against away from home. 

We shit the bed at Bournemouth and there wasnt even anyone there.

Absolutely glorious seeing Celtic get dumped out though. They may not even make the Europa League group stage yet.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Haha 1