Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

16 hours ago, Matt said:

What a shit final that’s gonna be then.

I reckon it could be the first final played with two balls.

Man City in one half passing it sideways and backwards, Chelsea in the other half passing it sideways and backwards, neither are gonna go forward and attack.

Think I’ll be giving this one a big miss. I’ll watch any game at any level but I’ve stopped watching any game that involves Man City (unless we were playing them) because they’re are so boring.

If you don’t watch any game involving Man City how do you know that they are so boring? They are one of the most attacking and tactical teams out there atm. Not sure why you think all they do is pass it sideways? Even their goalie looks to play though balls.

26 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

If you don’t watch any game involving Man City how do you know that they are so boring? They are one of the most attacking and tactical teams out there atm. Not sure why you think all they do is pass it sideways? Even their goalie looks to play though balls.

They've done well to score 71 goals in the league and break the record for consecutive wins in all comps by an English team without attacking, haven't they

Man city are boring, I dont know how you can watch them and think otherwise.

Their opposition can rarely lay a glove on them and they just recycle the ball endlessly. I'm not sure how you can enjoy watching that.

A team like Bayern are much better value for money to watch

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I’ve made the decision in the last few weeks to stop watching them, I can’t believe it’s took me so long to decide to stop watching their games when they’re on.

When they have it their own way they can attack, with the players they have I expect them to attack and I expect them to break records with the players at their disposal, but when teams sit back of which I have no problem with - you make it hard for the opposition, they generally go pass sideways and backwards, very much like ourselves (albeit not so much this season and thanks **** for that! Although we did it last week until the last 30 when we realised we needed to go forward and attack) and a majority of teams nowadays, the sooner this stops the better - it’s not always been like this for a majority of teams, it’s a Barca, Pep thing that everyone all of a sudden is trying to copy with the notion of “it’s the way football should be played”.

Summed up when Pep and Klopp (although as much as it pains me to say it I prefer Liverpool/Klopp’s style in comparison) moan about opposition “not playing the way we want them too”.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Talk now uefa are considering moving the final to wembley, moving to our country is a good plan but why wembley... considering it's only a few miles from Chelsea.

Especially as play offs are due to be played then. It's so disrespectful to the football league clubs.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Especially as play offs are due to be played then. It's so disrespectful to the football league clubs.

I remember during the olympics year they moved the play offs to Old Trafford, will the same happen again i'm not sure. Seems like Villa Park offer has been snubbed which you would have thought would be ideal for most. 

I'm still not sure play-off finals are big enough for Wembley but if they are given that status they should stay there. The Champions League shouldn't push it out of it's place.

There are many other grounds in England that could host it.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s going to be Lisbon - UK govt not willing to permit thousands of corporates and sponsors without quarantine. 

If that’s what the decisions hinges on, Lisbon can have it 

100% the correct call  - pleased that the authorities aren’t putting cash before safety in this instance ....

fans can travel safely to Lisbon and enjoy the final being on the continent. Will be doubly brilliant to attend a game and it be abroad without risk. 

of course there will be some complications re testing 

• Like 2

So UEFA, acting like they had a moral high ground last month, have put the fans last once again and decided not to have the final at Wembley.

Apparently it’s because UEFA would demand the UK government allow about 2,000 foreign dignitaries to attend without being quarantined. So UEFA would rather those people attend than the fans who haven’t been able to see a match for a year. 😂

Time to replace all these footballing authorities with fan led leagues and organisations.

I really reallly hope Man City absolutely destroy them in the final, 6-1 or something.....

....but you must know it will be one of those park the bus jobs by Chelsea against Man City on an off day to scrape a win on penalties.

29 minutes ago, Corky said:

Riyad has to tear Chilwell apart as he did at the Etihad 18 months ago.

He has to. Do it Riyad.

The whole of Leicester is with you Riyad.

18 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

might be a bit bitter but I dont care, hope City stuff Chelsea in the UCL, and hopefuly Chilwell has a stinker too

im sure he might, as any player will decent pace and quality will expose him tbf

Yeah I wish we'd have gone at him more last night. Ricardo did well when he came on. I think he should have started instead of Albrighton.

I never wanted Man City to win the CL, and they pissed me off when they beat us at home earlier this season, but Chelsea really annoyed me last night. I'm not having Chilwell or Mount lift a CL trophy.