Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

Online LCC planning application (new Mosque proposed in an already congested Evington Village)

1 minute ago, josh_baskin said:

Hi Forum members,

I take it everyone is safe and well.

A planning application had been logged for yet another Mosque in the Evington Area (village) and in a place that is already congested and really cannot cope with any more places of worship.

That question was answered when the tread was started.

I was asking OP for his personal opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I sympathize with the OP, but there must be a good reason why they have applied for another Mosque?

Obviously there must be demand for one which is a good reason alone but whoever started the petition deems this to be impractical, warranting a debate like in any in any other good democratic society.

• Like 1

I got loads of Muzlim mates to be honest. Don't do no harm and are lovely neighbours. Would you rather a nightclub open nearby? A pub ? Yes, might get busy on Fridays or for an hour but so do schools and other busy places. 

Also, when these places open, it adds thousands to you property so you can sell up and go to a much better place where you have fewer people of colour to you and where you'd feel more comfortable. You could then feel proper English that way. That would be better for everyone. 

Edited by newfox1

13 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

To everybody asking 'would you object if it wasn't a mosque?'...

... Would YOU post on here attacking this bloke for his objection if it were a church/pub/housing estate etc? You see these kinds of things shared all the time for all sorts of developments.

I find that kindness and politeness get thrown under the bus for half a chance to virtue signal.

He didn't ask about a pub or church. He specifically asked about a mosque opening. We are specifically discussing what he *actually* said, not about what he could have said. 

What's next for the thread starter?? Ban Muzlim players from playing for the foxes? Cos that's where it's heading. 

15 minutes ago, newfox1 said:

He didn't ask about a pub or church. He specifically asked about a mosque opening. We are specifically discussing what he *actually* said, not about what he could have said. 

What's next for the thread starter?? Ban Muzlim players from playing for the foxes? Cos that's where it's heading. 

It was also worded as saying a place of worship which is likely to prompt even bigger mass gatherings during the time of a pandemic, in a city which has already faced lockdown on one occasion.

Edited by josh_baskin

All places of worship were closed during the pandemic. They now have limited services.

It may be the greedy business that supply online garments that's more likely to be the cause. Ban then too? Nah, cos they pay taxes and money.

What about the 000s at the beach, illegal raves, celebrating the lifting of the titles, promotions? Selective memory? Don't forget, it was the mosques, churches and temples and gurdwaras doing wonders for the community , food banks for people  that have been abandoned by the council. Whilst the mayor going and seeing his partner etc.  

Shall we also close Leicester schools, colleges and unis too as people will mix now? Or just blame the people wanting to have an application to open a peaceful place of worship?

Edited by newfox1

2 hours ago, newfox1 said:

I got loads of Muzlim mates to be honest. Don't do no harm and are lovely neighbours. Would you rather a nightclub open nearby? A pub ? Yes, might get busy on Fridays or for an hour but so do schools and other busy places. 

Also, when these places open, it adds thousands to you property so you can sell up and go to a much better place where you have fewer people of colour to you and where you'd feel more comfortable. You could then feel proper English that way. That would be better for everyone. 

A pub maybe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, newfox1 said:

All places of worship were closed during the pandemic. They now have limited services.

It may be the greedy business that supply online garments that's more likely to be the cause. Ban then too? Nah, cos they pay taxes and money.

What about the 000s at the beach, illegal raves, celebrating the lifting of the titles, promotions? Selective memory? Don't forget, it was the mosques, churches and temples/gurdwaras doing wonders for the community , food banks for people  that have been abandoned by the council. Whilst the mayor going and seeing his partner etc.  

Shall we also close Leicester schools, colleges and unis too as people will mix now? Or just blame the people wanting to have an application to open a peaceful place of worship?

Please dont temples/gurdwaras, that's offensive

I'm confused. What Evington we talking about? Evington village-as in Spencefield Lane, Golf course,  Shady Lane type of thing? 

In which case 'crowded' isn't the first adjective that springs to mind. 

If you're talking North Evington - that's a different place - couple of miles away. 

Anyway why the flup would I care if they opened another mosque,  church,  synagogue,  petrol-station or knocking-shop anywhere in the bleeding world including next door to me?

I wouldn't. 

You only have to read the public responses on that page to see the kind of people who are objecting it. Most just plainly say that they don't want any more mosques in the area which is no kind of grounds for objection and you do have to wonder whether they would say the same about a church etc. I suspect not. 

25 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

You only have to read the public responses on that page to see the kind of people who are objecting it. Most just plainly say that they don't want any more mosques in the area which is no kind of grounds for objection and you do have to wonder whether they would say the same about a church etc. I suspect not. 

What kind of people are they? People who have the right to voice there disapproval to something because they live in a democracy maybe. 
Would all the people of Evington approve if the plans were for a synagogue?

Edited by josh_baskin
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Stoopid said:

I'm confused. What Evington we talking about? Evington village-as in Spencefield Lane, Golf course,  Shady Lane type of thing? 

In which case 'crowded' isn't the first adjective that springs to mind. 

If you're talking North Evington - that's a different place - couple of miles away. 

Anyway why the flup would I care if they opened another mosque,  church,  synagogue,  petrol-station or knocking-shop anywhere in the bleeding world including next door to me?

I wouldn't. 

Near Evington Library and the Cedars pub.