Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

Online LCC planning application (new Mosque proposed in an already congested Evington Village)

Hi Forum members,

I take it everyone is safe and well.

A planning application had been logged for yet another Mosque in the Evington Area (village) and in a place that is already congested and really cannot cope with any more places of worship.

I appreciate this is group is indirectly related to our beloved foxes 🙂 Any valid objections would be welcome as this is a numbers game!

---------

https://planning.leicester.gov.uk/Planning/Display/20201142

Please can you help out and send your objections to the planning online for this mosque 🕌. They always send the application under D1 use for education and training but eventually becomes a mosque.

Go on the link and see the tab “Comment on this Application “ on left hand side top.

----------

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

If we don’t live in Evington, why would any of us sign the petition?

It really has nothing to do with us.

It's not even a petition. It's a statutory consultation LCC has to undertake as part of the planning process and objections are only likely to be given weight if they come from people in the area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'll be objecting on the grounds that they'll have to displace the newts.

SAVE THE NEWTS

One of the construction workers had one crawl  up his arm. His name was John. they apparently belonged to a woman Called Olivia. Her friend saw olivia’s newts on John

• Sad 1

Aside from your overt bigotry, Planning Application objections actually need to have proper reasons for them to be taken into consideration. Councils cannot refuse applications on the basis that "I don't want no more of them round my way"

Planning is also not a "numbers game" 10,000 complaints won't get it refused. People love to espouse the money wasted by councils. How about refusing an application that just gets overturned by the Inspectorate because it wasn't refused on solid grounds. Costs the Council £££ in fees.

Could you also clarify what you mean by "they always," who are you referring to? I think we all know the answer, but for clarity, go on, have the brevity to say it out loud for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Aside from your overt bigotry, Planning Application objections actually need to have proper reasons for them to be taken into consideration. Councils cannot refuse applications on the basis that "I don't want no more of them round my way"

Planning is also not a "numbers game" 10,000 complaints won't get it refused. People love to espouse the money wasted by councils. How about refusing an application that just gets overturned by the Inspectorate because it wasn't refused on solid grounds. Costs the Council £££ in fees.

Could you also clarify what you mean by "they always," who are you referring to? 

I get many of the comments and understand that not all of you know Evington .

The lock down has been a relief as the roads have been relatively clear. Prior to lock down,  due to the high concentration of mosques and madrasas in the Evington area (around 30), the congestion, double parking, day in day out is a nightmare. For those who live in the area, regardless of their religion, they will understand how bad the roads are! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Would you be alright with a Church?

Hi Forum members,

I take it everyone is safe and well.

A planning application had been logged for yet another Mosque in the Evington Area (village) and in a place that is already congested and really cannot cope with any more places of worship.

That question was answered when the member started the thread.

Edited by josh_baskin
  • Thanks 1