Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

Online LCC planning application (new Mosque proposed in an already congested Evington Village)

9 hours ago, Stoopid said:

I'm confused. What Evington we talking about? Evington village-as in Spencefield Lane, Golf course,  Shady Lane type of thing? 

In which case 'crowded' isn't the first adjective that springs to mind. 

If you're talking North Evington - that's a different place - couple of miles away. 

Anyway why the flup would I care if they opened another mosque,  church,  synagogue,  petrol-station or knocking-shop anywhere in the bleeding world including next door to me?

I wouldn't. 

Your clumsily hidden request for a knocking shop in your immediate vicinity has been noted ...........

8 hours ago, josh_baskin said:

What kind of people are they? People who have the right to voice there disapproval to something because they live in a democracy maybe. 
Would all the people of Evington approve if the plans were for a synagogue?

Racists. They try to dress it up anyway to see fit but that's what it boils down to. 

I wholeheartedly support the application.

I'd like to actually see at least two Mosque's built in Evington or the surrounding areas. Whilst Christians in the Evington area have an array of churches to attend, there simply isn't enough accessibility or choice for Muslims in the community that's representative or proportionate to the increasing needs of this growing demographic.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, newfox1 said:

He didn't ask about a pub or church. He specifically asked about a mosque opening. We are specifically discussing what he *actually* said, not about what he could have said. 

What's next for the thread starter?? Ban Muzlim players from playing for the foxes? Cos that's where it's heading. 

wtf. No it's not.

DennisNedry made comparisons which is fair. There's buildings all over the Country that get opposed. 

Oh and most people recognize Mahrez as one of, if not the, best player this club has ever had. He's Muslim isn't he?

Who is funding the work? if its the council then I expect any objections based on the use of council funds would be considered from any city council tax payers.  Otherwise like has been said it would be local residents, objecting on things like potential noise, litter etc.

I see they seem to be converting an existing building, not building a new Mosque, so I am not sure what you mean by congested, as it is not a new building.

Also Evington isnt a village? its part of the city.

Edited by Chrysalis

29 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Who is funding the work? if its the council then I expect any objections based on the use of council funds would be considered from any city council tax payers.  Otherwise like has been said it would be local residents, objecting on things like potential noise, litter etc.

I see they seem to be converting an existing building a new Mosque, so I am not sure what you mean by congested, as it is not a new building.

Also Evington isnt a village? its part of the city.

The locals will still call it a village because it still has a village feel to it.Just like Humberstone etc.It helps to narrow it down when you try to explain where you’re from.

Fascinating what you can find in public records within 10 minutes...

The planning portal gives you the option to search the site history. According to said history this particular site was a dwelling until 1990 when it was changed into a nursery. Then it was changed back to a dwelling in 2010. This same application was rejected earlier this year (about 2 months ago) on the basis of noise and disturbance to occupiers, as well as insufficient evidence that it wouldn't have an adverse impact on parking and highway matters, and pedestrian safety. 

If you google the site address you find that it belongs to a company that provides education around the midlands. You can also find their companies house page by googling the applicant's name and it brings up the same company. 

Weirdly, for an education company, I can't find an OFSTED report. And then there's this on their website:

2028176296_Screenshot2020-09-05at11_31_44.png.fefd1ccca41da1aeff0fb3cea5421b85.png

Not sure if that's a meta joke or not.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Fascinating what you can find in public records within 10 minutes...

The planning portal gives you the option to search the site history. According to said history this particular site was a dwelling until 1990 when it was changed into a nursery. Then it was changed back to a dwelling in 2010. This same application was rejected earlier this year (about 2 months ago) on the basis of noise and disturbance to occupiers, as well as insufficient evidence that it wouldn't have an adverse impact on parking and highway matters, and pedestrian safety. 

If you google the site address you find that it belongs to a company that provides education around the midlands. You can also find their companies house page by googling the applicant's name and it brings up the same company. 

Weirdly, for an education company, I can't find an OFSTED report. And then there's this on their website:

2028176296_Screenshot2020-09-05at11_31_44.png.fefd1ccca41da1aeff0fb3cea5421b85.png

Not sure if that's a meta joke or not.

If intended as a joke, surely their 10am-1pm Literacy and Numeracy class would have involved 2 hours of Eglish and 3 hours of numeracy?

I might turn up and ask if they can teach me how to make an omelette in their Eglish class.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Oh and most people recognize Mahrez as one of, if not the, best player this club has ever had. He's Muslim isn't he?

Yep - and Kante. I have a hunch that Islam Slimani might be, too.........but possibly not Jamie Vardy.

If tabloid rumours are to be believed, I suspect that Kante may be a more observant Muslim than Mahrez.....

26 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Yep - and Kante. I have a hunch that Islam Slimani might be, too.........but possibly not Jamie Vardy.

If tabloid rumours are to be believed, I suspect that Kante may be a more observant Muslim than Mahrez.....

NG is more observant re attending prayers .... and if Riyad is still seeing Ashley ward’s daughter then I imagine his religious duties have dropped down his list a bit ...... 

• Like 1