Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He’s taking Pence down with him isn’t he. This is why you don’t lie in bed with criminals. 

Never mind just pence, looks like he's taking the whole republican party down with him. Looks like they've lost the senate because of the bull he's been spouting. lol

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Never mind just pence, looks like he's taking the whole republican party down with him. Looks like they've lost the senate because of the bull he's been spouting. lol

They seem to think so too

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/06/republicans-turn-on-trump-georgia-loss-455305

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

No excuses for the Biden presidency.

The last time the D's had both houses was Obama. And all I got was an opportunity to buy lousy expensive health insurance and a fine of $1500 a year for not being able to afford it. D's or R's nothing important will change. Expect more of the same. Maybe add a new war or upping our presence in the Middle East. Have to keep our Weapons manufacturers busy.

5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

TBH Loeffler and Perdue looked absolutely terrible candidates - I expect we got to  see more of them than senate  candidates from other states  but if that is the standard of politician in the senate the country is probably past saving 

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

They seem to think so too

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/06/republicans-turn-on-trump-georgia-loss-455305

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch.

presumably that would be fatal to any chance he could get the nomination in 2024 - I'm never sure how these things work lol

Could be academic if he's in jail I guess.

18 minutes ago, SO1 said:

The last time the D's had both houses was Obama. And all I got was an opportunity to buy lousy expensive health insurance and a fine of $1500 a year for not being able to afford it. D's or R's nothing important will change. Expect more of the same. Maybe add a new war or upping our presence in the Middle East. Have to keep our Weapons manufacturers busy.

Sour grapes lol

The only reason the ACA was so ineffective is because Obama used a heritage foundation (republican think tank) healthcare system, which Mitt Romney installed as Governor of Massachusetts, in order to get bipartisan support, even though he didn't need Republican votes to pass the legislation. Then, the conservatives on the Supreme Court neutered the ACA by removing the fine you speak of, which would mandate that people get health insurance. Instead, we should have just crammed a single payer Medicare for all / NHS type program down the republicans throat instead.

But what could Biden do with senate/house control? Pass election security laws that Mitch McConnell refused to bring to vote. Federally Legalize Marijuana. Pass a stimulus bill and provide relief for the millions of Americans that are out of work. Confirm new liberal supreme court justices. I

f we wanted to get literally anything done in the next two years, Georgia had to turn blue. Mitch McConnell would obstruct Biden's entire presidency if given the chance.

The whole enlightened centrism - war machine thing, c'mon. Bush literally invented a reason that dragged us into the war in Iraq. The last major war the Democrats dragged us into was what, Vietnam? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Sour grapes lol

The only reason the ACA was so ineffective is because Obama used a heritage foundation (republican think tank) healthcare system, which Mitt Romney installed as Governor of Massachusetts, in order to get bipartisan support, even though he didn't need Republican votes to pass the legislation. Then, the conservatives on the Supreme Court neutered the ACA by removing the fine you speak of, which would mandate that people get health insurance. Instead, we should have just crammed a single payer Medicare for all / NHS type program down the republicans throat instead.

But what could Biden do with senate/house control? Pass election security laws that Mitch McConnell refused to bring to vote. Federally Legalize Marijuana. Pass a stimulus bill and provide relief for the millions of Americans that are out of work. Confirm new liberal supreme court justices. I

f we wanted to get literally anything done in the next two years, Georgia had to turn blue. Mitch McConnell would obstruct Biden's entire presidency if given the chance.

The whole enlightened centrism - war machine thing, c'mon. Bush literally invented a reason that dragged us into the war in Iraq. The last major war the Democrats dragged us into was what, Vietnam? 

You think I'm a republican? Or that I have republican/ conservative values because I think nothing will change no matter what party or name is appointed by those in power(corporations/wealthy)?

Edited by SO1

21 minutes ago, SO1 said:

You think I'm a republican? Or that I have republican/ conservative values because I think nothing will change no matter what party or name is appointed by those in power(corporations/wealthy)?

I hope no one here thinks that you are tbh because you've been very clear on your stances.

However, I will submit that the "burn them all" ideals you seem to purport (correct me if I'm wrong there) will do nothing in the long run but play into the hands of those who hold fascist values, as in such a world only the most brutal would be king.

• Like 1

I've been waiting for "incremental change" for over 43 years and things just keep getting worse for the poor and middle class with no end in sight. Listening to the argument for it for at least 20.

If anything, progressive politics is nothing but a lie, a ghost of what it used to be(see below). Forever lost in lies and corruption benefiting the very rich. Always telling us to wait just a little bit longer while we pass another 740 billion to the Military Industrial complex and tell citizens FU in the worst economic catastrophe since the Great Depression. They expect US to foot the bill for covid. Take 100% of the losses.

I am glad the democrats won last night. Maybe finally the true believers will wake up to the destruction that the wealthy and corporations who own the government are doing to us. Lets see who Biden backs. The money or the people. I'm not holding my breath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvh59z_8g2I

The progressives "the fraud squad":appl:jimmy dore @Detroit Blues

Edited by SO1

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I hope no one here thinks that you are tbh because you've been very clear on your stances.

However, I will submit that the "burn them all" ideals you seem to purport (correct me if I'm wrong there) will do nothing in the long run but play into the hands of those who hold fascist values, as in such a world only the most brutal would be king.

When something doesn't work and hasn't for decades and continues to get worse it makes sense to me that change is necessary. How that happens is outside of my control. When a government ceases to function and refuses to represent its citizens the inevitable occurs.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy  "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable."

All who live in my country need to be involved in its decision making. Somehow the corruption and illegal wars must be stopped. I feel the only way this can happen is by the dissolution of the federal government. At least at a state level there is some accountability in terms of person to person contact on a regular basis. An elected representative can feel the wrath of the populace without being able to run to DC to hide. 

I am not a violent person. Violence solves nothing.

The poor and the middle class in this country are getting beaten down like dogs and have been for most of my life. Should we continue to take it? Perhaps allow another 40 years? I don't expect you to answer that but I sure as hell won't tell my fellow citizens what they should do. Change will happen unpleasant as that is.

Some Republican senators and house members are a disgrace. Biden would be best served crossing the aisle and getting the  backing of Republicans on some things. It will help heal the nation. If he or kamala stand a chance of winning again they need their own party to recognize that. Make america somewhat normal again.

1 minute ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Bonkers seeing an attempt at fascism occur in real time, never mind in a country like America.

It was basically inevitable at some point. Can’t believe how poor the security is.

Have we ever seen such a thing, live on TV? Absolutely absurd. :o

• Like 1