Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Goddammit Obama.

At last, a coherent, well founded and thought provoking comment from someone who is clearly in the know.

Strewth!  They allow fellas like that to own guns.

Now is the time to get down on our knees, raise our outstretched hands to the sky and give thanks to the dear Lord for the Atlantic Ocean.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

....what on Earth have I woken up to?

Examples need to be made from top to bottom, and quickly.

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Lot of Tory MPs frantically checking through their previous tweets tonight I imagine.

Nah, if Farage's latest effort is anything to go by, it'll be hand-wringing and all "well, this is wrong" while completely ignoring their backing of the man than incited it all to happen.

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

When something doesn't work and hasn't for decades and continues to get worse it makes sense to me that change is necessary. How that happens is outside of my control. When a government ceases to function and refuses to represent its citizens the inevitable occurs.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy  "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable."

All who live in my country need to be involved in its decision making. Somehow the corruption and illegal wars must be stopped. I feel the only way this can happen is by the dissolution of the federal government. At least at a state level there is some accountability in terms of person to person contact on a regular basis. An elected representative can feel the wrath of the populace without being able to run to DC to hide. 

I am not a violent person. Violence solves nothing.

The poor and the middle class in this country are getting beaten down like dogs and have been for most of my life. Should we continue to take it? Perhaps allow another 40 years? I don't expect you to answer that but I sure as hell won't tell my fellow citizens what they should do. Change will happen unpleasant as that is.

I'd agree that change is necessary, but with respect, the dissolution of the government in the way you suggest would inevitably lead to violence in the ensuing power vacuum and as such I think it's a bit dissonant and disingenuous to encourage the idea and yet abhor violence and believe that it solves nothing.