Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

It's the type of thing that's said that makes you question your own head. When I saw him brought up I was like I'm sure that dude is long dead... He's definitely dead... Wait, is he alive? lol

Would have been a cracking way to round off 2020 if it had turned out he’d been hiding in a secret lair in a volcano. 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

lol

Trump's whole term as president has been saying sh*t one day and next day saying the opposite sh*t. Really hope this ends this week because I don't see that he has any evidence of fraud to get this to the Supreme Court. But then I don't know sh*t about that either.

Edited by SO1

7 hours ago, SO1 said:

Trump's whole term as president has been saying sh*t one day and next day saying the opposite sh*t. Really hope this ends this week because I don't see that he has any evidence of fraud to get this to the Supreme Court. But then I don't know sh*t about that either.

I am exasperated that these claims are being taken remotely seriously. The US is such a terrible country in this regard. When (not if) they finally conclude that he lost the election fair and square, I would have liked Trump to be incarcerated and heavily fined for trying to bring the democratic system into disrepute, trying to incite anger in the populace and wasting millions of dollars and precious time, impeding the process of transfer of power. But he and his fellows will walk away scot free from this and they will keep banging on about it and spouting blatant lies until the media and public get bored of hearing it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-55038777

I don't think it's actually about winning any more. It's about financial and egotistical support from his base which he's going to need when the NY authorities, among others, come calling after January.

Imagine being dumb enough to donate money to a ****ing billionaire.

44 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Imagine being dumb enough to donate money to a ****ing billionaire.

TBF television evangelists have made a living out of that for a long time now.

I'd have a grudging tip of that hat for Trump somehow managing to raise the bar to a new level regarding such con artistry if the consequences of it all didn't extend so far beyond just the people he's conned (and is conning).

5 hours ago, shen said:

I am exasperated that these claims are being taken remotely seriously. The US is such a terrible country in this regard. When (not if) they finally conclude that he lost the election fair and square, I would have liked Trump to be incarcerated and heavily fined for trying to bring the democratic system into disrepute, trying to incite anger in the populace and wasting millions of dollars and precious time, impeding the process of transfer of power. But he and his fellows will walk away scot free from this and they will keep banging on about it and spouting blatant lies until the media and public get bored of hearing it.

So I read last night that Trump is severing legal ties with Sidney Powell, his attorney, as President of the US. Then I listen to Sidney Powell on a talk show make even more grandiose claims about the compromising of our electronic election system since it was created. And yet no proof. Absolute insanity. I still can't figure out what the game plan is if they can't prove their accusations of fraud. Whatever. Its all just throwing sh*t at the wall. :frusty:

Edited by SO1

16 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

lol

This has been Trump's MO from the very start.  He loves letting people say outlandish things on his behalf then making them take the fall for it when there's backlash.  It's how he gets his fans to buy into his 'plausible deniability' for spreading fake news and get them to defend his behaviour just because he wasn't the one who actually said the unspeakable thing on camera.  Very blatant yet very effective.  See also: Scaramucci, Spicer, Sanders, Bannon, Manafort, Stone, Cohen, probably more...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

This has been Trump's MO from the very start.  He loves letting people say outlandish things on his behalf then making them take the fall for it when there's backlash.  It's how he gets his fans to buy into his 'plausible deniability' for spreading fake news and get them to defend his behaviour just because he wasn't the one who actually said the unspeakable thing on camera.  Very blatant yet very effective.  See also: Scaramucci, Spicer, Sanders, Bannon, Manafort, Stone, Cohen, probably more...

. I've never quite worked out whether Trump is the ignorant, stupid  repulsive orange slob he appears to be or  an evil genius who knows exactly how to manipulate everyone and get them to dance to his tune.

Just now, surrifox said:

. I've never quite worked out whether Trump is the ignorant, stupid  repulsive orange slob he appears to be or  an evil genius who knows exactly how to manipulate everyone and get them to dance to his tune.

I was going to say it has to be the former because no evil genius would live off McDonalds, but then I remembered that scene in Kingsman:

There is no line between reality and parody anymore.

4 hours ago, surrifox said:

He is a bully .... with power.

He is obsessed with Twitter and has been relentless in using it to denigrate anyone that has got in his way.  Him and his obnoxious off spring.

I would have thought there would have been more people In the Republican Party prepared to stand up to him.  I can only imagine they are still fearful about what come next (with Trump).  Surely the GOP can not offer him the ticket in 2024?

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I was going to say it has to be the former because no evil genius would live off McDonalds, but then I remembered that scene in Kingsman:

There is no line between reality and parody anymore.

How prescient was that film? Classless billionaire seeks ultimate power, captivates world leaders with his divisive rhetoric, is know for wearing a baseball cap, serves Mc****ingDonald's to his guests, drinks a 45, manages to brainwash millions of people into supporting him and at the end of the film when everything goes wrong absolutely everyone loses their ****ing heads.