Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

55 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I wonder if he believes his own bullshit?

Yes, and always been the same way apparently (Thanks to Fred his father) - will admit this information comes from reading his niece's book, who is not exactly a fan of Don after he and his siblings denied her money she was owed.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I wonder if he believes his own bullshit?

It would seem he has taken a lot of people on board.  Meanwhile a record number of Americans died from the virus yesterday - no second wave there just a continual tsunami (although I recall someone saying on the COVID thread the corner had been turned six weeks ago).

To answer your question WW - of course he doesn’t but that won’t stop him peddling it.  The abuse of office is disgraceful 

5 minutes ago, zorro en españa said:

It would seem he has taken a lot of people on board.  Meanwhile a record number of Americans died from the virus yesterday - no second wave there just a continual tsunami (although I recall someone saying on the COVID thread the corner had been turned six weeks ago).

To answer your question WW - of course he doesn’t but that won’t stop him peddling it.  The abuse of office is disgraceful 

He probably suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder, so he is incapable of seeing his own failures, he will be utterly convinced he is right, and essentially block out anything which suggests otherwise.  he also thinks he is above the rules, hence why he will probably end up in jail, unless he can convince a jury he is innocent, which is a strong possibility.  NPD sufferers can be incredibly convincing, they spent the lives projecting very different faces to different people.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zorro en españa said:

I’m just not sure he’s clever enough for the Machiavellian alternative, so tend to think that he has convinced himself of conspiracies against him.

10 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

He probably suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder, so he is incapable of seeing his own failures, he will be utterly convinced he is right, and essentially block out anything which suggests otherwise.  he also thinks he is above the rules, hence why he will probably end up in jail, unless he can convince a jury he is innocent, which is a strong possibility.  NPD sufferers can be incredibly convincing, they spent the lives projecting very different faces to different people.

Combine the NPD with psychopathy and you have an individual who cannot be influenced by the norms and rules of society, who must exercise complete control and has no empathy whatsoever, who's only faith and belief is in himself. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Absolutely no doubt about that 

• Like 1

Just finished the "Rage" book by Woodward (having also read "Fear") and in regard to the question, does he believe it... Im of the opinion that he does. BUT...

His decision making and ENTIRE belief system is based in 'the economy" he believes that a successful economy is ALL that matters, as the rest will follow.

When he says he's done the best for people of colour, he believes it, because he says they have more jobs, and therefore they are better off.

He has zero capability to understand his own and others privilege, he truly believes that everyone has the same opportunity that he had, and the only reason people are, poor, homeless or suffering, is because THEY are too lazy.

He is completely incapable of empathy, sadly, there are so many of the same opinion in power around the world (a result of the Thatcher/Reagan years), which has put us in a position where the only focus is $$.

15 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Just finished the "Rage" book by Woodward (having also read "Fear") and in regard to the question, does he believe it... Im of the opinion that he does. BUT...

His decision making and ENTIRE belief system is based in 'the economy" he believes that a successful economy is ALL that matters, as the rest will follow.

When he says he's done the best for people of colour, he believes it, because he says they have more jobs, and therefore they are better off.

He has zero capability to understand his own and others privilege, he truly believes that everyone has the same opportunity that he had, and the only reason people are, poor, homeless or suffering, is because THEY are too lazy.

He is completely incapable of empathy, sadly, there are so many of the same opinion in power around the world (a result of the Thatcher/Reagan years), which has put us in a position where the only focus is $$.

Exactly this. He has never properly comprehended what the job is - he just sees being President as the same as running a business

On 03/12/2020 at 03:35, Jon the Hat said:

Sounds like our first real ITK poster

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Texit?

I doubt it, given the powers that be on that particular side are smart and know how that one plays out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-55292610

I distinctly remember the folks involved in this kind of protest four years ago being labelled as sore losers. Just a shame the main parties who did so are mostly no longer around here to explain how this one is somehow different.

17 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I doubt it, given the powers that be on that particular side are smart and know how that one plays out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-55292610

I distinctly remember the folks involved in this kind of protest four years ago being labelled as sore losers. Just a shame the main parties who did so are mostly no longer around here to explain how this one is somehow different.

I can tell you how it's different:

The people doing it 4 years ago were reasonably afraid of walkbacks on all kinds of minority rights, such things came to pass ie the trans military ban.

The people doing it now are reasonably afraid of suffering withdrawals after 4 years of getting away with saying any old bigoted shit and painting it as patriotism.