Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

This seems like the Republicans second coming of the Southern Strategy, except this time their desperate, immoral power grab isn’t the racist vote it’s in supporting a man hellbent on eroding trust and belief in their democratic system. Republican-Democrat split seemed partisan in a lot of places before all this but how long will it take to convince these millions of people who have been told and fully believe the voting system is completely corrupt against ‘their man’? 

It seems an exceptionally desperate play from a party willing to do anything to stay in power, no doubt the Democrats have plenty of skeletons themselves but this is extraordinary. I know a fair few left leaning folk like to think the the Tory Party are ‘evil’ but outside the current incompetence and a fair bit of elitism and chumocracy, the Republicans make them look like Lib Dems, they’re almost at pantomime villain level. 

Hopefully out of all this talk meaningful voting reform becomes a pressing issue but I doubt that’s where they’re aiming to lead this...

• Like 2

On 08/12/2020 at 08:03, ozleicester said:

There are so many of the same opinion in power around the world (a result of the Thatcher/Reagan years), which has put us in a position where the only focus is $$.

Those $$ have lifted more people out of poverty and into prosperity than any other political model in the history of humankind, so you know they have a point.  You could also note that workers etc rights are also higher than they have ever been.

15 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Those $$ have lifted more people out of poverty and into prosperity than any other political model in the history of humankind, so you know they have a point.  You could also note that workers etc rights are also higher than they have ever been.

The economic models Reagan and Thatcher favoured did that exactly?

Citation needed.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

This seems like the Republicans second coming of the Southern Strategy, except this time their desperate, immoral power grab isn’t the racist vote it’s in supporting a man hellbent on eroding trust and belief in their democratic system. Republican-Democrat split seemed partisan in a lot of places before all this but how long will it take to convince these millions of people who have been told and fully believe the voting system is completely corrupt against ‘their man’? 

It seems an exceptionally desperate play from a party willing to do anything to stay in power, no doubt the Democrats have plenty of skeletons themselves but this is extraordinary. I know a fair few left leaning folk like to think the the Tory Party are ‘evil’ but outside the current incompetence and a fair bit of elitism and chumocracy, the Republicans make them look like Lib Dems, they’re almost at pantomime villain level. 

Hopefully out of all this talk meaningful voting reform becomes a pressing issue but I doubt that’s where they’re aiming to lead this...

Something that's sorely needed here too but I sadly can't see anything happening in my lifetime.

• Like 1

Perhaps it's just a coincidence at the moment as Obama was a young President I know, but Speaker and Senate Majority Leader both in or close to their 80s and both Presidential candidates well into their 70s is not what America needs right now at all.

Edited by ealingfox

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

The growth out of poverty couldve been done without exploiting the working class.

https://www.epi.org/publication/charting-wage-stagnation/

Edit.
Mindboggling that ANYONE supports this... YOU ARE NOT one of them, you will never be one of them, you will have more than many.. but youll NEVER be one of the mega riich

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

The growth out of poverty couldve been done without exploiting the working class.

https://www.epi.org/publication/charting-wage-stagnation/

Edit.
Mindboggling that ANYONE supports this... YOU ARE NOT one of them, you will never be one of them, you will have more than many.. but you'll NEVER be one of the mega rich

Well I look forward to you explaining your proposed model which would deliver that.

I don't give a shit about the mega rich tbh, and of course they should pay more tax somehow.  You spend too much time worrying about other people becoming rich and ignore the huge strides made in wealth, standards of living, health and so on for everyone.  No other system has delivered that.

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Well I look forward to you explaining your proposed model which would deliver that.

I don't give a shit about the mega rich tbh, and of course they should pay more tax somehow.  You spend too much time worrying about other people becoming rich and ignore the huge strides made in wealth, standards of living, health and so on for everyone.  No other system has delivered that.

you have not addressed a single thing raised in that link i sent.

But no worries, enjoy

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

you have not addressed a single thing raised in that link i sent.

But no worries, enjoy

The US has taken things was too far IMO, so a quick scan of that makes sense - they are going backwards in living standards.  I expect that will high on Biden's agenda.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

The guy is an absolute wrecking ball. A toxic one man battering ram.

His boundless, psychotic energy is truly astonishing - I'm not sure if worse to think that he knows that he is conning everyone, or if he actually believes his own lunacy.

It's like watching the downfall of a mad, deluded batshit Roman emperor...but in the here and now.

Pass the popcorn

• Like 1

The guy literally is accusing those who apparently know the truth of not knowing the  truth. He is a whiney baby trying to get his way and it is straight up treasonous IMO. Imagine if Obama did this? The republican senate and republican people would lynch him. 

Fcking disgrace of a human being, hope the cvnt is thrown  in jail after he is out. The republican senate should demand he resign as he is not worthy nor fit enough in finishing out his shift. 

Fuk off you sad t w a t.

• Haha 1