Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

It's clear he's still trying to peddle this narrative publicly in order to keep donations coming in but it's pretty shocking to hear this in a supposedly private conversation.

He sounds genuinely deranged. It's a concerning insight into his mental state, and I'm worried about what he's prepared to do in order to rally his cult as we approach the inauguration. 

I saw on Reddit there were signs up around D.C. urging his followers not to bring guns to the midweek pro-Trump protest. 

It could get seriously ugly.

Georgia runoff elections today - important in that if the Dems win both seats, they gain nominal control of the Senate as well as the House of Representatives.

Both races are extremely close (latest polling has the Dem candidates ahead by 1-2%) so goodness only knows how it'll turn out.

34 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Georgia runoff elections today - important in that if the Dems win both seats, they gain nominal control of the Senate as well as the House of Representatives.

Both races are extremely close (latest polling has the Dem candidates ahead by 1-2%) so goodness only knows how it'll turn out.

From what I know about american politics. The polls tend to over estimate the democrat lead so that is a bad sign.

3 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

From what I know about american politics. The polls tend to over estimate the democrat lead so that is a bad sign.

The only time that has happened recently is when Trump has been directly involved - for example, it didn't happen in the midterm elections in 2018, but did in the Presidential elections in 2016 and in 2020 (to a lesser extent).

That being said, this one is a pretty unusual, perhaps even unique, circumstance when it comes to such elections so other factors may not be being controlled for either. I guess we'll only really know tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

When the dems lose perhaps biden should claim massive voter fraud, ballot dumping, call that bloke asking to find x votes lol

• Haha 1

Imagine if the republicans had tried all this with someone who wasn’t such a moron and who didn’t have morons like Giuliani making a laughing stock of the whole process . Loading the SC , getting their guys in places of power in the Pentagon and secret service and owning or discrediting the media - all the pieces are in place for a coup . The country owes a huge debt to The integrity of the election officials at state level in a few key swing states. Worryingly that is an obvious target for the republican plotters for future elections which the country needs to address 

• Like 2

On 04/01/2021 at 03:05, ozleicester said:

TBH... he is an absolute piece of shit.. but the repubs are WORSE!

They sold themselves, their party, their history, their beliefs, and their credibility for 4years of power. 

I know its the USA and they will get back in...but how ANYONE could support such a pathetic, spineless greedy pile of excrement in the future is mindboggling. If you vote for these people in the future then you are no better than them, or Trump.

Keep in mind that 74 Mio of Americans voted for him for a second mandate. That's the scariest part.

I'm convinced that if it weren't for his disastrous handling of Covid and the subsequent tanking of the economy, he'd have won with a landslide. The virus has been a blessing in disguise for the US but I don't know if there's a coming back from the abyss he threw them into. Things won't be the same after he leaves the WH and we certainly didn't hear the end of him.

Edited by That_Dude

7 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Imagine if the republicans had tried all this with someone who wasn’t such a moron and who didn’t have morons like Giuliani making a laughing stock of the whole process . Loading the SC , getting their guys in places of power in the Pentagon and secret service and owning or discrediting the media - all the pieces are in place for a coup . The country owes a huge debt to The integrity of the election officials at state level in a few key swing states. Worryingly that is an obvious target for the republican plotters for future elections which the country needs to address 

Tbh that is an argument I've heard before too - "don't get complacent, the next wannabe autocrat/fascist might not be incompetent".

On 04/01/2021 at 13:03, urban.spaceman said:

Here's the whole thing if you can stomach it...

Just getting around to listening to the full raw, I can't believe how at 6.25 he brags about the affidavits and hearings which have been an unmitigated disaster for him.  I wish we had more of these lol 

Dems almost certain to win one Georgia Senate seat and pretty likely to win the other.

Still puts the Senate in general on a knife edge (50-50) even if they win both, but it will make Biden's job easier not having to deal with Turtle McConnell and his obstructionism.

• Like 1

Long night and days ahead, wil be a recount,  scrutiny, trump whining the same old.

You could have a room of 10 people  recorded on camera voting with the whole usa is watching live and even though he lost 6-4 he could convince his base that there was cheating . 

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Long night and days ahead, wil be a recount,  scrutiny, trump whining the same old.

You could have a room of 10 people  recorded on camera voting with the whole usa is watching live and even though he lost 6-4 he could convince his base that there was cheating . 

There will be whining, complaining, threats of court action, probably some neofascist idiots coming out into the street, too.

However, I don't think any of that will change the outcome or what it means for the US government going forward for the next two years.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

There will be whining, complaining, threats of court action, probably some neofascist idiots coming out into the street, too.

However, I don't think any of that will change the outcome or what it means for the US government going forward for the next two years.

I think Loeffler has lost but that other seat is tighter than a var offside call.