Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

An International team of Mendys

_114601612_mendy.jpg

Chelsea's new Senegal keeper Edouard Mendy is the third with the surname in the English Premier League alongside Manchester City's Benjamin and Nampalys Mendy.

In fact, looking into it, it's possible to get an entire XI of Mendys playing top fight football in Europe - all with African heritage.

Full Team here - 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54263408

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

_114601612_mendy.jpg

Chelsea's new Senegal keeper Edouard Mendy is the third with the surname in the English Premier League alongside Manchester City's Benjamin and Nampalys Mendy.

In fact, looking into it, it's possible to get an entire XI of Mendys playing top fight football in Europe - all with African heritage.

Full Team here - 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54263408

Even the BBC are at it now with lazy journalism.

When did our Papy join Man City? Hope we got a good fee and they've now loaned him back to us?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Bit of a daft article.... you could probably do a team full of Smith’s, Jones’s Thomas’s, Williams’s etc....

No where near to the same standard. There is an incredible number of mendys playing at a very high level at the moment. I'm struggling to even think of players with the names you've given Phil Jones, Ashley Williams hardly top players 

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

No where near to the same standard. There is an incredible number of mendys playing at a very high level at the moment. I'm struggling to even think of players with the names you've given Phil Jones, Ashley Williams hardly top players 

It was a tongue in cheek comment..... sweet baby Jesus of Nazareth, Mary and the cheat from around the corner. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Bit of a daft article.... you could probably do a team full of Smith’s, Jones’s Thomas’s, Williams’s etc....

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It was a tongue in cheek comment..... sweet baby Jesus of Nazareth, Mary and the cheat from around the corner. 

Aye the whole thread is just a bit of fun there's no need for anyone to get upset.

31 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Challenge: can you or anyone else name another XI all playing top flight football and all with the same surname?

Rui Silva (Grenada)

Alex Sandro Lobo Silva (Juve)  Thiago Silva (Chelsea)     Diego Carlos Santos Silva (Sevilla)     Danilo Luiz da Silva (Juve)

David Silva (Real Sociedad)    Adrien Silva (Leicester)   Bernardo Silva (Man City)

Willian Borges da Silva (Chelsea)            Andre Silva (Frankfurt).         Lucas Moura da Silva (Spurs)

I'm sure someone will tell me this doesn't count for some reason lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irishfoxkev said:

Good few Pereira’s around in Premier League  and I’d say in Portugal Spain etc but too busy to go looking 😜😜

There's no goalkeeper sadly. Unless you count Joel Pereira who is on loan at huddersfield from Man Utd in which case you could probably get a team together to rival the mendys and silvas. 

Without wanting to open a whole can of worms Mendy is quite surprising as something like Smith is a very common English surname so you’d hope there would be a few of them knocking around in an English league.  Same with the common surnames in the other European countries (E.g. Silva).

is Mendy a super common surname in Africa?  I have no idea.

5 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Without wanting to open a whole can of worms Mendy is quite surprising as something like Smith is a very common English surname so you’d hope there would be a few of them knocking around in an English league.  Same with the common surnames in the other European countries (E.g. Silva).

is Mendy a super common surname in Africa?  I have no idea.

Smith makes up just over 1% of the UK population where Silva makes up nearly 10% of Portugal and pereira only slightly less. That probably explains a lot. I have no idea on mendy though. 

Edit - Looking at this page Mendys prominence in football makes no sense at all https://forebears.io/surnames/mendy

Edited by peach0000

24 minutes ago, KFS said:

Boring article. There’s enough going on around us and someone’s published this? 

Yet sufficiently interesting to make you open up the thread and post in it even though the thread title makes it obvious as to what it's about. :dunno:

It's just a bit of light hearted nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Yet sufficiently interesting to make you open up the thread and post in it even though the thread title makes it obvious as to what it's about. :dunno:

It's just a bit of light hearted nonsense.

Was it entirely indicative of what it’s about though Davie? I’d argue not. Can’t believe people get paid for drivel like that, and even worse if people at home find it interesting 😴😴

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Was it entirely indicative of what it’s about though Davie? I’d argue not. Can’t believe people get paid for drivel like that, and even worse if people at home find it interesting 😴😴

You're not forced to read it.