Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Diving

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ah fair play I didn't see the clip on Madders, I thought he went down from the tug. 

To be fair, within the current rules I'm 100% in agreement that they're pens. 

I just think, particularly the first, is in that annoying area where its both a dive and a foul within the current laws and its frustrating. It's still simulation basically. 

Yeah I agree but I’m trying not detract from a very good performance by over analysing it. Especially given the importance of that particular penalty.

This is hardly a new thing from Vardy as well he’s won no end of penalties in a similar fashion, he’s an utter shithouse in every sense of the word, we know this.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Obviously buzzing and ecstatic today after a tremendous win so this isn't a moan at all (especially as it contributed to 3 points)...

...but the 1st and 3rd penalties were pretty bad dives, Maddison's especially. I'd be fuming if it was given against us.

Fully aware it's part and parcel of the modern game (unfortunately) but it still makes me cringe watching players manufacture 'contact' then throwing themselves to the ground. 

Anyway, up the City :scarf:

Well if it was diving they would have been booked and if you noticed none of the man City players were complaining 

Edited by lcfc cowboys

28 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

If you want some actual simulation, see Rodri's 3 rolls and a scream after a relatively benign Cags challenge.

Yeah and why hold your shin when it was his foot he caught.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The vardy one is a bit iffy.

funnily enough similar to the Connolly one yesterday that half you lot claimed we’d never get against a big team away from home. Vardy sells it much better though.

But the penalty was not given for Vardy going down, but rather for him being pulled back.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

They aren't dives. You could argue the maddison one isn't enough to actually bring him down, but he is impeded and if he doesn't go down he gets nothing, and most likely that chance to score goes too. Its a foul whether maddison falls or not, but there's only one way its being given as one. He'd do the same in thr centre circle and you wouldn't be bothered.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Don't feel great about getting three penalties in one game, but the first 2 were stonewall. Third one I'd not have complained if it was waved away.

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

I thought the third looked soft and theatrical, the first two were clear. You can normally tell by the reaction of the offender and neither argued the case.

Maddison was actually clipped by Mendy (probably accidentally, but doesn’t matter), and that’s what brought him down. It was not from the hand on the shoulder.

BTW, I think all PK decisions are automatically reviewed by VAR.

Edited by NaijaFox

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

Obviously buzzing and ecstatic today after a tremendous win so this isn't a moan at all (especially as it contributed to 3 points)...

...but the 1st and 3rd penalties were pretty bad dives, Maddison's especially. I'd be fuming if it was given against us.

Fully aware it's part and parcel of the modern game (unfortunately) but it still makes me cringe watching players manufacture 'contact' then throwing themselves to the ground. 

Anyway, up the City :scarf:

Give your head a wobble kid. Zero dives