Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Diving

Plus I get fed up of big players thinking they can run the game. Amartey barley touched KDB but because he moaned and got in the ref's face Amartey got booked.

Remember when good players didn't need to do that.

20 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Obviously buzzing and ecstatic today after a tremendous win so this isn't a moan at all (especially as it contributed to 3 points)...

...but the 1st and 3rd penalties were pretty bad dives, Maddison's especially. I'd be fuming if it was given against us.

Fully aware it's part and parcel of the modern game (unfortunately) but it still makes me cringe watching players manufacture 'contact' then throwing themselves to the ground. 

Anyway, up the City :scarf:

Well that’s one way of getting cheap rep points 

It's the modern game. 

It's probably something we've spoken about. You'd be naive to stay on your feet if you feel contact. Everyone else is doing it, why would we put ourselves at a disadvantage by not?

They're not dives anyway. It's just allowing the contact to send you down without trying not to fall.

A dive is when there is no contact and you throw yourself down, which would be picked up by VAR and not given.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Obviously buzzing and ecstatic today after a tremendous win so this isn't a moan at all (especially as it contributed to 3 points)...

...but the 1st and 3rd penalties were pretty bad dives, Maddison's especially. I'd be fuming if it was given against us.

Fully aware it's part and parcel of the modern game (unfortunately) but it still makes me cringe watching players manufacture 'contact' then throwing themselves to the ground. 

Anyway, up the City :scarf:

Why would you write this? Yo, I've sent some seriously negative vibes back your way bro, cat shit on your car tomorrow that's me, run out of toilet paper, me, anything more serious i take no responsibility. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They weren’t dives man get the **** out  😂

At best they should of overturned the first one on the grounds vardy swung his leg back. 

Top wuming though you’ll get bites a plenty here 

I thought you of all people would be willing to admit the first and third were dives Mabs. 

They're penalties by the letter of the law but they're the kind of "fouls" I really hate, where a player feels an arm on the shoulder and jumps down. 

Mane and Salah do it several times a year and I really wish the rules would be tweaked to give the ref the power to overturn those. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I thought you of all people would be willing to admit the first and third were dives Mabs. 

They're penalties by the letter of the law but they're the kind of "fouls" I really hate, where a player feels an arm on the shoulder and jumps down. 

Mane and Salah do it several times a year and I really wish the rules would be tweaked to give the ref the power to overturn those. 

First ones dodgy as.

Third one he clips Maddison’s back leg clearly.

I mean both are Hollywood falls to the ground but I can’t blame Maddison he has been impeded.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

First ones dodgy as.

Third one he clips Maddison’s back leg clearly.

I mean both are Hollywood falls to the ground but I can’t blame Maddison he has been impeded.

Ah fair play I didn't see the clip on Madders, I thought he went down from the tug. 

To be fair, within the current rules I'm 100% in agreement that they're pens. 

I just think, particularly the first, is in that annoying area where its both a dive and a foul within the current laws and its frustrating. It's still simulation basically. 

Edited by Finnegan