Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Diving

4 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Obviously buzzing and ecstatic today after a tremendous win so this isn't a moan at all (especially as it contributed to 3 points)...

...but the 1st and 3rd penalties were pretty bad dives, Maddison's especially. I'd be fuming if it was given against us.

Fully aware it's part and parcel of the modern game (unfortunately) but it still makes me cringe watching players manufacture 'contact' then throwing themselves to the ground. 

Anyway, up the City :scarf:

Wash your ****ing mouth out 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Obviously buzzing and ecstatic today after a tremendous win so this isn't a moan at all (especially as it contributed to 3 points)...

...but the 1st and 3rd penalties were pretty bad dives, Maddison's especially. I'd be fuming if it was given against us.

Fully aware it's part and parcel of the modern game (unfortunately) but it still makes me cringe watching players manufacture 'contact' then throwing themselves to the ground. 

Anyway, up the City :scarf:

I'm going to be honest, they were all penalties.

However, if the ref doesn't give them, VAR wouldn't have overturned the decision.

They aren't dives. You could argue the maddison one isn't enough to actually bring him down, but he is impeded and if he doesn't go down he gets nothing, and most likely that chance to score goes too. Its a foul whether maddison falls or not, but there's only one way its being given as one. He'd do the same in thr centre circle and you wouldn't be bothered.

Getting your body in front of the defender and drawing a foul is not a dive. If Man City want to be furious with anyone they should be furious with their defenders who were positionally slack and careless in committing to the challenges.

I would have zero complaints if they were given against us. All of them were correct decisions.