Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..why not!!!

I would rather a manager who was honest enough to say why it all went wrong, than to constantly repeat the same scripted response who nobody ever believes.

It's about self confidences... I would rather we learn from such expensive lessons .  As a fan I want a manager who says "i share you disappointment and we will learn from this"

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

It's about self confidences... I would rather we learn from such expensive lessons .  As a fan I want a manager who says "i share you disappointment and we will learn from this"

So would I.  Trouble is we don't.  (Learn)

41 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

..but this has happened before, numerous times and we still fail to turn up at games!!!

"We will learn from this" is what the politicians say and you and I know that the same thing happens again  as nothing was ever put in place to stop it happening again.

I would rather he came out and stated he had got it wrong, it doesn't make us a bad team but we have an upcoming game to put it right.

Just be honest about it.

47 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..why not!!!

I would rather a manager who was honest enough to say why it all went wrong, than to constantly repeat the same scripted response who nobody ever believes.

Because, just to give one of many many reasons as I cba writing an essay, it’s professional sport and it’s generally not a good idea to talk about your tactics at such a level when your next opponents can hear everything you are saying.

• Like 1

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Because, just to give one of many many reasons as I cba writing an essay, it’s professional sport and it’s generally not a good idea to talk about your tactics at such a level when your next opponents can hear everything you are saying.

..what he would be saying is why he made the decision to play player x in a certain position  and what he was expecting to gain from that decision.

I have heard a lot of post match interviews where the manager has expressed this.

You can talk to the press in a non clichéd manner without giving away any details surrounding your tactical abilities or lack of them

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..what he would be saying is why he made the decision to play player x in a certain position  and what he was expecting to gain from that decision.

I have heard a lot of post match interviews where the manager has expressed this.

You can talk to the press in a non clichéd manner without giving away any details surrounding your tactical abilities or lack of them

Ok, which player in particular are you wanting him to answer a question on.

Whenever we lose or kept on losing as the case was last season, it was always a case of well I'm just doing amazingly well to have Leicester in the top 4.

Every post match interview aftee we've lost he draws on this in one way or another. Whether it be the injuries or the immaturity of the younger players. It all seems to just be a case of feeding that media narrative that we should just be grateful we have Rodgers and a team in the top 4. Until of course the wheels fall off again and we look back at an era of missed opportunity. 

• Like 2

@Manwell Pablo you seem to be putting a LOT of effort into defending Rodgers. It shouldn't be that hard. 

Very few here are attacking his ability as a manager. What we are attacking is his arrogance and his tendency to throw his players under the bus rather than accept responsibility for bad results whilst being quick enough to credit victories to his tactics. 

These aren't new allegations. The same things were said about him at Celtic and Liverpool and as far as I can see, any other club has been at. 

Acknowledging his flaws isn't the same as saying he is a poor manager. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..this is not a discussion regarding player A or player Y..!!!

This is regarding Rodgers  failing to be believable and taking any responsibility for performances.

Well no it’s about player X according to you 😂.

FFS man.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I think it was obvious I used the player X term as an example!!!

Absolutely no point in continuing this discourse!!!

Well give a proper example then, who do you want him to answer a question on. These are your words, your example, not mine.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

17 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

@Manwell Pablo you seem to be putting a LOT of effort into defending Rodgers. It shouldn't be that hard. 

Very few here are attacking his ability as a manager. What we are attacking is his arrogance and his tendency to throw his players under the bus rather than accept responsibility for bad results whilst being quick enough to credit victories to his tactics. 

These aren't new allegations. The same things were said about him at Celtic and Liverpool and as far as I can see, any other club has been at. 

Acknowledging his flaws isn't the same as saying he is a poor manager. 

It’s not even about defending Rodgers it’s about people not getting the concept that walking into a post match interview and stating playing 5 at the back at home is tactically inept and we won’t be doing it again is generally not a very clever thing to do just because it’s what you lot want to hear.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well give a proper example then, who do you want him to answer a question on. These are your words, your example, not mine.

..I would  suggest you read my post again!!!

It was an example of a response that he could have given to the media, as opposed to his clichéd and disingenuous response.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I would  suggest you read my post again!!!

It was an example of a response that he could have given to the media, as opposed to his clichéd and disingenuous response.

So, let’s say for example he tells the media he played James Maddison behind Jamie Vardy to try and play him through balls off the shoulder after a 2-1 defeat against Fulham but it didn’t really work because we conceded two very soft goals and they shut up shop you are all of a sudden now satisfied with the result.

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It’s not even about defending Rodgers it’s about people not getting the concept that walking into a post match interview and stating playing 5 at the back at home is tactically inept and we won’t be doing it again is generally not a very clever thing to do just because it’s what you lot want to hear.

.......seriously!!!

Why would any manager come out and say this?

You need to read the post that you are replying to as no one is saying what you are stating has been said.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.......seriously!!!

Why would any manager come out and say this?

You need to read the post that you are replying to as no one is saying what you are stating has been said.

I’m absolutely struggling with what you and others want from him yes.

Apart from you going through the football player alphabet.

14 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No one is asking him to do any of that. 

"I got it wrong".

....That's is, that's all he had to do but instead to insist that he didn't get it wrong but also try and take credit for changing it up is utterly insane. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

No one is asking him to do any of that. 

"I got it wrong".

....That's is, that's all he had to do but instead to insist that he didn't get it wrong but also try and take credit for changing it up is utterly insane. 

So we then go and switch it up against Sheffield United and lose by a one goal margin what do you want then.

I got it wrong again?

You do realise this man is running a 23 man squad who have to have belief what he is telling them is going to get them results. It’s not a good look to be publicly admitting his failings are the reason the team lost.

Especially given he is right individual errors cost us far more than the system. 

Rodgers has a lot to answer for with the way he sets us up for a lot of our matches however pre & post match interviews should be taken with a pinch of salt.

They are only done for media purposes - Hence why its the same scripted response each time. I am sure that, given the choice, Brendan wouldn't want to have to say anything to the media. Unfortunately, it's a media ran sport.

That said, whilst i take his interviews with a pinch of salt, i would expect to see him making reassuring changes Re tactics / Selections - however he seem's to stick with his same defensive, boring tactics, week in week out which leads me to think he actually believes his own bull sh!t. His defensive tactics are costing us - I can't believe that with the team we have (even with injuries) we set up so negatively against relegation fodder.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

So we then go and switch it up against Sheffield United and lose by a one goal margin what do you want then.

I got it wrong again?

You do realise this man is running a 23 man squad who have to have belief what he is telling them is going to get them results. It’s not a good look to be publicly admitting his failings are the reason the team lost.

Especially given he is right individual errors cost us far more than the system. 

...just to say, if he decided to switch it up against Sheffield United then it would be an error of judgment. 

I suspect that should the injured players come out unscathed from the Ukraine, Rodgers will choose to change the formation. 

If he gets it wrong again? Yes. 

Players are far more likely to respect a man who takes a bit of responsibility rather than blame them when things go wrong. 

You think they don't know that he fuched up? Ofcourse they do and the more he hides behind THEIR mistakes instead of owning his own the quicker he loses the dressing room and it costs him his job. 

24 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If he gets it wrong again? Yes. 

Players are far more likely to respect a man who takes a bit of responsibility rather than blame them when things go wrong. 

You think they don't know that he fuched up? Ofcourse they do and the more he hides behind THEIR mistakes instead of owning his own the quicker he loses the dressing room and it costs him his job. 

Rubbish.

They are every bit if not more to blame, Fofana missed a guilt edged chance then proceeded to push forward out of line to try and win a ball and left a massive gap behind him when he should be dropping off, then Fuchs gave away one of the most needless pens you'll see this season. And  You are expecting a football manager to come out and take the blame specifically for his choice of formation because of that?

I’m not even a fan of five at the back and but it’s not the main reason we lost that game. If the players did their jobs properly against Fulham at home in that system we don’t concede  as a minimum. They did not, both goals were poor defending. Why should he sit there with his hands up because we’ve conceded two goals in about 12 minutes out of nowhere due to individual errors.

They should be more concerned about their own fck ups not his.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..but this has happened before, numerous times and we still fail to turn up at games!!!

"We will learn from this" is what the politicians say and you and I know that the same thing happens again  as nothing was ever put in place to stop it happening again.

I would rather he came out and stated he had got it wrong, it doesn't make us a bad team but we have an upcoming game to put it right.

Just be honest about it.

Just think. Why would he do this in a post match interview? 

If you were at work as a Manager and something you had planned for had gone wrong, would you tell the whole company a detailed description of why it went wrong and list everything that could've been done differentely? No, you would discuss privately with your team just like Rodgers will be doing. 

Do fans realistically expect this now? 

We lost, yes. Just get over it. 

• Like 4