Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not named perhaps, but the majority of the lambasting is levelled that way it seems. Maybe that is fair, perhaps I am still shocked at what seemed a lack of effort and that word Claude used.

Is it possible that lack of effort might equal fatigue? As in pushing our squad to the limit given our injury situation. Amazing to me that supporters don't factor in player availability vs. fatigue and other factors as regulated by our Sport Science Department. This club is run by extremely talented and knowledgeable professionals last I knew. What is that word that Claude used? Just using you as a safe haven. :teehee:

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...perhaps the salient point is, we picked up points!!!

It would be interesting to see our record in the Premier  against  teams subsequently  relegated  last season being a good example  I think we got  8 points out of 18   assuming we drew   at Watford I know we didnt win.

31 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I can’t deny he warrants some criticism, the setup was negative and in my opinion unnecessarily so. That’s not to say a positive more attacking setup would have produced a better result. Sometimes it’s just not your night.

I was really disappointed last night but I’m over it now, if we were languishing around mid table or towards the bottom end of the league I’d get it but we are a decent team that’s a bit inconsistent and prone to confidence loss. I can live with it. It’s a bit weird this obsession about honest post match comments, I’d love to know who they all think does do this? Because I can’t think of any manager that does or has done with any sort of regularity.

There's nothing wrong with criticism, I just think some of it is so OTT.

I really don't want to act all superior about it, I was very anti Puel and I had to suffer a lot of smug remarks because of it, everyone's got a right to their opinion.

• Like 2

Just now, Foxaholic ME said:

It would be interesting to see our record in the Premier  against  teams subsequently  relegated  last season being a good example  I think we got  8 points out of 18   assuming we drew   at Watford I know we didnt win.

19/20 - Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich relegated - 8 out of 18 points

18/19 - Cardiff, Fulham, Huddersfield relegated - 13 out of 18 points

17/18 - Swansea, Stoke, West Brom - 10 out of 18

16/17 - Hull, Middlesbrough, Sunderland - 8 out of 18

15/16 - Newcastle, Norwich, Villa - 16 out of 18

14/15 - Hull, Burnley, QPR - 11 out of 18

That's the record since we came back up. Apart from 15/16 which is the obvious league-winning anomaly, 8 points is the worst we've done. 18/19 season was our best - Rodgers was our boss for 2 of the games (Fulham & Huddersfield at home, winning both). 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Rodgers' ceiling is with LCFC. No chance a bigger club than us will tolerate these bipolar performances and results. So Rodgers isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I mean cue the jokes about them not being a bigger club but have you seen some of the mental shit going on at Arsenal recently 😂

I actually really like BR and have hammered him in the past(most noticeably before the ‘hammers’ game) but I’ve never once wanted him sacked.

I really want him to do well but he’s declining imo. He did great for us in 18/19 and 19/20. But for about a year now he’s lost his way.
I’m hoping the only positive out of Fulham is that what was obvious to see beforehand is even more obvious and If BR hasn’t learnt from that, he never will.
Even though it’s about results, if he sets up properly and we lose fair enough but setting up to lose at home to trash is unacceptable.

Villa at home is the only defeat this season he did everything I felt he could and we lost because they were better than us that day and we had not enough on the day.

West Ham, Liverpool and Fulham we have got it all wrong and pre game all 3 times it was obvious.

Liverpool despite getting it wrong, might not of meant any more points even if we had more ambition but the other 2 are absolutely pathetic footballing decisions and have no idea why it took him to see those first half’s to realise this.

West Ham, he should of learnt his lesson. To set up like that vs Fulham is in my honest opinion the worst managerial decision he’s made with us, along with starting 2 DMs and Maddison wide in a 442 at home when 3rd in the league to struggling Brighton and taking off Nacho away at Bournemouth when controlling the game.

Not surprising that they are all the reason of ‘bottle job’ ‘negative’ decisions and It does worry me that he’s set in a rut.

This is happened along time now, and whilst you can blame some injuries, he has also made really poor decisions and although I’m still firmly behind him, purely on the fact I like him and his past ‘potential’, what I’m seeing over the last year is becoming less of a rut and more of a full term flaw in his managerial ability.

God I can’t wait to see what he does vs Sheffield Utd! An absolute must for a performance, the right set up game and most important must win game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I actually really like BR and have hammered him in the past(most noticeably before the ‘hammers’ game) but I’ve never once wanted him sacked.

I really want him to do well but he’s declining imo. He did great for us in 18/19 and 19/20. But for about a year now he’s lost his way.
I’m hoping the only positive out of Fulham is that what was obvious to see beforehand is even more obvious and If BR hasn’t learnt from that, he never will.
Even though it’s about results, if he sets up properly and we lose fair enough but setting up to lose at home to trash is unacceptable.

Villa at home is the only defeat this season he did everything I felt he could and we lost because they were better than us that day and we had not enough on the day.

West Ham, Liverpool and Fulham we have got it all wrong and pre game all 3 times it was obvious.

Liverpool despite getting it wrong, might not of meant any more points even if we had more ambition but the other 2 are absolutely pathetic footballing decisions and have no idea why it took him to see those first half’s to realise this.

West Ham, he should of learnt his lesson. To set up like that vs Fulham is in my honest opinion the worst managerial decision he’s made with us, along with starting 2 DMs and Maddison wide in a 442 at home when 3rd in the league to struggling Brighton and taking off Nacho away at Bournemouth when controlling the game.

Not surprising that they are all the reason of ‘bottle job’ ‘negative’ decisions and It does worry me that he’s set in a rut.

This is happened along time now, and whilst you can blame some injuries, he has also made really poor decisions and although I’m still firmly behind him, purely on the fact I like him and his past ‘potential’, what I’m seeing over the last year is becoming less of a rut and more of a full term flaw in his managerial ability.

God I can’t wait to see what he does vs Sheffield Utd! An absolute must for a performance, the right set up game and most important must win game.

You are far more articulate than me but I agree with your post and you have summed it up well. No true fan would want anything but success for him, but it's a worry that we play so badly reasonably frequently, and teams can work out how to totally nullify us. The Europe success is being played up , but the reality is it would be a poor show if we weren't top of the group with these 3 teams.

The returning stars were all present last season when we had this. I really hope things fall into place for BR and the team. We can't expect PlayStation football but its clear there's a happy ground between that and West ham, Fulham,  Liverpool and much of last season and when we lose we don't look so powderpuff.

Managers...even young ones ... only have say 25 seasons.  If they want to achieve success it makes sense to adapt.   Changes in player availability... different opponents may require week to week adaptation... especially given evidence that current ideas are not working.

I understand that managers like Rodgers need self belief... yet they also need to retain objectivity. 

My worry lately is that without Timmy or Ricky we have continued with 3 at the back plus wing backs.  Arguably Kevin isn't too bad going fwd but committed himself for a goal by liverpool.  Mesnwhileb this set up is way too defensive for braga and Fulham.   I want Rodgers to succeed... to do so he needs to have options... and to use them

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

So they should address the detractors 

Well they don’t, it’s much easier to tickle their balls with platitudes and cliches.

Last time I can remember an emotive manager post match was NFP against Hull. It had the desired effect on the pitch but it didn’t do much for the man himself.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Well they don’t, it’s much easier to tickle their balls with platitudes and cliches.

Last time I can remember an emotive manager post match was NFP against Hull. It had the desired effect on the pitch but it didn’t do much for the man himself.

I didn't like his management but sven always addressed the criticisms (that was perhaps  his his best feature!)

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

Only ever watched Nigel Pearson post match interviews. His "I'm over your bullshit" attitude made them required viewing. When he spoke you listened. What a leader of men.

So many classics of the genre

Ostrichgate

Clowns and Balloonheads

The Ghana FA

Mike Dean's Frightening Arrogance

Bring on the FA Charge

If someone could make YouTube series of them you've got yourself a subscriber.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’ve never listened to any of our managers post match interviews, It’s only ever rehearsed media friendly tosh anyway. Why anyone would expect anything meaningful from them, I really cannot fathom. 

I listened to Pearson, mostly because I loved his way of straight batting everything and him bristling with anger and contempt at everyone. lol

Certainly not for the information he was going to give out. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Ostrichgate

Clowns and Balloonheads

The Ghana FA

Bring on the FA Charge

My wife has found me on the sofa after a night out giggling away to nigels greatest hits on YouTube. As good as entertainment gets in my opinion.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Ostrichgate

Clowns and Balloonheads

The Ghana FA

Bring on the FA Charge

"Waxing and waning, my arse. Pr1ck"

Edited by Brooksy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2