Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Can you point me to where he made these wins about him?

I'm a minute in to the first one and he's already said "tactically we were very very good, we set the team up to play differently to how I normally set the team up". So that is a bit about himself isn't it? I'm not up for Rodgers bashing, but he is a bit pleased with himself (probably rightly so in these situations)

54 minutes ago, nettle said:

Can't wait for Pereira and Castagne to get back in the side and get rid of this shit 3 at the back system. Also bringing Maddison back in at the expense of Praet has ruin the flow between him, Youri and Mendy in my opinion. 

And you think he'll change when they come back? Why couldn't he have done it tonight against poor opposition, he set up as if we were playing Man City! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

And you think he'll change when they come back? Why couldn't he have done it tonight against poor opposition, he set up as if we were playing Man City! 

I'm not sure if he will but the defence is looking shaky right now conceded eight in the last three games. 

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Can you point me to where he made these wins about him?

I'm talking more about the decision making rather than him coming out with flashing lights on saying look at me. The media do that job for him, because he's seen as being bigger than us as a club by them.

Decisions like taking Ihenacho off at Bournemouth last season because he "seen they were getting some luck down the sides" despite having 1 long range shot for 45 minutes. That king of thing is a prime example. Rather than letting us go back out there and carry on as usual, he's trying to pull off a substitution and tactical no one seen coming. Then royally ballsing it up. 

Like i said, im glad we have him, but so many of us are getting tired of the ego getting in the way of what should be pretty simple decisions. The way we set up tonight shown we learned nothing from our other home games. But yet again, obviously the ego knows best, and we lose.

51 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I have a feeling Rogers handed out a proper bollocking in the changing room tonite. Let's see what the reaction is the next few games as that will tell.

Don't think he's got a bollocking in him. Think he wants to be everyone's mate unfortunately. He doesn't seem to be able to get them going from the first whistle. 

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Worrying levels of delusion if he really believes it

Delusional or is he, once again, not taking responsibility? Take it on the chin mate, reflect and improve. Otherwise, BR will keep making the same mistakes.

Separately, if he wants to play 3 CBs, maybe he can try two genuine wingers in Barnes and Under and just tell them to track back? It is not like the wingbacks did a huge amount of

defending yesterday over and above?

I have to agree, Rodgers continues to do a fantastic job at Leicester.

The league position we are in and the early qualification he's achieved in the Europa League, is outstanding. 

With the inconsistent team we have, the injuries and the overall lack of first choice 11 experience, we'd not be doing as well without him. 

• Haha 1

I don't think we would get a better manager at the moment, but the one thing I don't like about him at the moment, is that he doesn't take responsibility for his mistakes.

10 mins into the game, everyone could see that the formation wasn't working and yes the players weren't at the races as well.  If the players are struggling, then change something, don't leave it all until half time!  If the players are not pressing/counter pressing etc, change the formation until you can change their metality at half time. After a defeat like that some managers will take the blame, in order to protect the players, but not Rodgers! 

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

So only half the outfield starting xi are young then.

then perhaps consider we’ve got two backup players in the six you've mentioned, and one is a goal keeper. 

It an excuse, he go it wrong and sometimes life is about being a little humble and holding your hands up. 

I haven't got a problem with us losing a game, it the nature of the loss. 

7 hours ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Is he?

His Tottenham team were perennial losers. They won nothing under him with a fantastic squad. Whilst he was manager multiple players were at their peak; Eriksen, Vertonghen, Walker, Lloris etc and they had a high-flying Kane and Alli to boot.

What do Tottenham have to show for it? Diddlysquat!

Liverpool should have won the league under Rodgers without question. Thank god they didn’t because it birthed one of the game’s best chants courtesy of a certain Steven Gerrard’s arse.

But people are quick to forget that Liverpool’s defence and goalkeeper were far off standard that season. Skrtel? Agger? Mignolet? JON FLANAGAN?! Sure they had Suarez and Coutinho at their disposal but I would confidently argue that the 2013/14 Liverpool squad was miles off the standard of Poch’s Tottenham squad.

To say Poch is a million times better than Rodgers is to say Anchor is a million times better than Lurpak. It just ain’t so.

Million miles is semantics, but Poch is definitely better than Rodgers. Transformed Spurs from 6th/7th mediocrity to regularly top 4 team. Rodgers doesn't have that kind of CV. He doesn't even have a CV full of trophies since we like to use that as a stick to beat Poch with.

He's lost me. I just can't get behind him. 

No doubt he's the best Brittish manager around. As good as anyone in the world on his day and it's probably fair to day that we wouldn't be were we are without him but his arrogance is just too much. In the end, it's likely to cost us just as much as his Tactical knowledge gets us. 

His post match interview last night infuriated me. Imagine being so up yourself to not take any responsibility for that defeat last night but in the very next breath, try and take credit for changing the formation (even though he didn't get it wrong in the first place apparently) and getting a bit more joy near the end of the game. 

I honestly can't remember a single time he's came out and said, "I got that wrong" but I can recall a few instances were he has spoke about being tactically good during a match.... Which is essentially him praising himself. 

Ofcourse, not admitting his flaws on national TV is one thing but I just don't believe he for one second doubts himself and is utterly convinced that he gets it right every time. 

He's more concerned with proving he's the smartest in the room than he is about winning games and I just can't back that kind of manager. I would gladly swap some of that Managerial know how for a guy who can lead a team and that the dressing room would run through walls for. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

I never really made much of it when he said it but did I hear him saying he didn’t get credit because he was British before the Leeds game? Something along those lines?

Think it might be something to do with these performances aswell, let’s look a little closer to home Brendan.

When we play well it’s balanced out by many poor performances in equal measure - I was impressed with how we started the season, couldn’t fault any performances up until three games ago but talking in this calender year if anything we’ve had more poor than good performances.

We keep seeing best British manage touted around, the competition isn’t exactly thriving though it it.

Edited by Matt

28 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He's lost me. I just can't get behind him. 

No doubt he's the best Brittish manager around. As good as anyone in the world on his day and it's probably fair to day that we wouldn't be were we are without him but his arrogance is just too much. In the end, it's likely to cost us just as much as his Tactical knowledge gets us. 

His post match interview last night infuriated me. Imagine being so up yourself to not take any responsibility for that defeat last night but in the very next breath, try and take credit for changing the formation (even though he didn't get it wrong in the first place apparently) and getting a bit more joy near the end of the game. 

I honestly can't remember a single time he's came out and said, "I got that wrong" but I can recall a few instances were he has spoke about being tactically good during a match.... Which is essentially him praising himself. 

Ofcourse, not admitting his flaws on national TV is one thing but I just don't believe he for one second doubts himself and is utterly convinced that he gets it right every time. 

He's more concerned with proving he's the smartest in the room than he is about winning games and I just can't back that kind of manager. I would gladly swap some of that Managerial know how for a guy who can lead a team and that the dressing room would run through walls for. 

What did he say last night?

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

What did he say last night?

Basically that he didn't get the formation wrong, the players just didn't execute it then he went on to say how we started to get more joy because he changed it up....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

It's a mentality thing. I wonder sometimes that he thinks that we have such a good team (which we do) that we can just turn up and get three points against some teams from lower in the division.  There's a certain arrogance to it which spreads through too many of the players.

If we're serious about being a top 4 challenging team, we have to turn up - tactically and physically every single game.  Not just the games against other top 4 challengers.  We cannot class ourselves in that bracket when we are losing to West Ham, Villa and Fulham at home.  We can have an off day and lose one of those games, I don't have a problem with that, but losing all three? Something is not right at all.

When we're good we're good but our baseline isn't good enough to be able to take our foot off the pedal against any team in this league.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Basically that he didn't get the formation wrong, the players just didn't execute it then he went on to say how we started to get more joy because he changed it up....

He also said that in first half we were too slow and not creative. Perhaps picking pacey creative players in an attacking formation might help with that Brendan, just a thought.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cecchini1976 said:

But tonight’s performance had nothing to do with formation, as we should beat them no matter what we play, we lost as everybody performed awfully. Rodgers said we were poor and deserved to lose.

we lost today as the team played shit, so formation had nothing to do with it. So maybe you need to go to spec savers as you want to blame the system and not the players 

If you think playing 5 at the back to Fulham at home isn’t a problem you need to give your head a wobble. Formations bring out the best of players abilities, and that formation doesn’t give you much attacking potency. It’s a good formation for games where your expected to be dominated in possession and you counter the opponent. It is not a formation to play against a team fighting relegation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I have a feeling Rogers handed out a proper bollocking in the changing room tonite. Let's see what the reaction is the next few games as that will tell.

Hope he was looking in a mirror and delivering it to himself as well because he was proper piss poor too! 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Haha 1