Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

42 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Genuine question here and I don’t mean this in any disrespectful way but who are we going to attract that’s a better manager than Rodgers?

Given it was a fifth placed position last season and riding high again this season it’s a mixture of madness and spoiledness suggesting he should go. Is this really necessary in some quarters after every single defeat?

Baffles me it’s even a conversation, but I think Potch would be top of the fans in question list.

The man who won next to nothing at a better backed club and managed to finish third in a two horse race as our fans like to regularly point out.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Genuine question here and I don’t mean this in any disrespectful way but who are we going to attract that’s a better manager than Rodgers?

Given it was a fifth placed position last season and riding high again this season it’s a mixture of madness and spoiledness suggesting he should go. Is this really necessary in some quarters after every single defeat?

Being a Celtic fan you should know the answer to that question.lol You didn't come here for common sense and a rest did you?

No question, the best Brittish manager around today. 

On his day, as good as anyone in the world. 

We are lucky to have him.

BUT.....

How fuching frustrating is his arrogance? It's blood boiling. Off the top of my head, I can't actually remember him coming out post match and saying "I got that wrong, that's on me"....

As for who replaces him?!? Look at who’s available to replace him?

Are we joking? He’s the 17th best paid manager / coach in world football.

Pochettino, Allegri, Valverdi, Sarto, Jardim .... go and fetch one of supposed better coaches such as Gasparini, Nanglesmann, Gallardo etc

If we aspire to be better than we are, we need to look at bringing in better. That’s not just players, it’s coaching staff, tea lady, physios, phycologist etc 

We’ve built a supposed world class training facility. We’ve got some technically great players. The club want us to be more than what we were 10 - 15 years ago. If you accept mediocrity, that’s all you’ll ever be. 

My worry is that Rodgers was supposed to be that coach. Maybe we don’t want to waste more money on it.  We’ve moved forwards, however maybe not as much as we would have liked. 

I don't get this thing about the best British manager. What does it matter? Yes, he's better than Hodgson, Dyche, Bruce, Wilder. I'd expect him to be.

He's here for a while and we're going to have to put up with these crap displays but we aren't some training ground for local managerial talent, we want the best man for the job wherever they are from.

(This isn't particularly aimed at anyone on here, I've seen a lot about it in the media too).

• Like 1

To be fair to Rodgers its still obvious to everyone that we're three quality players off and he knows it. We don't have the budget for it though.

I like under but I reckon we might try and upgrade. Our attacking options are the same as last season - Barnes is improving, Maddison is stagnating. I look at west hams options and think we've missed out. Our attacking options are still incredibly reliant on Jamie vardy playing at 9/10 every week, which isn't going to happen.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

To be fair to Rodgers its still obvious to everyone that we're three quality players off and he knows it. We don't have the budget for it though.

I like under but I reckon we might try and upgrade. Our attacking options are the same as last season - Barnes is improving, Maddison is stagnating. I look at west hams options and think we've missed out. Our attacking options are still incredibly reliant on Jamie vardy playing at 9/10 every week, which isn't going to happen.

We had a chance to sign Bowen didn’t we? Definitely missed out if that’s the case.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the board directly after a defeat there will always be a few loud, moronic opinions flying about. 

Myself and pretty much all my mates who support Leicester think he's doing a brilliant job and is the absolute ceeling in terms of manager profile that we we could attract. 

That being said he's not immune from criticism as tonight was an absolute shambles tactically and not the first time he's completely surrendered the initiative to a poor side with selection - Mendy and Ndidi in midfield against Brighton last year springs to mind. 

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Baffles me it’s even a conversation, but I think Potch would be top of the fans in question list.

The man who won next to nothing at a better backed club and managed to finish third in a two horse race as our fans like to regularly point out.

I don't think he would even come to us to be honest, the man is destined for the Man Utd job

57 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think Rodgers is overrated but I agree with your point. Managers better than Rodgers are not gonna come here. Rodgers is what he is. A good coach with brain fart moments

He'll have us between 5th-8th, which is OK I guess, but it doesn't make defeats like tonight any less infuriating.  

We will probably face Milan or Leverkusem or a CL dropout in the Europa League and Rodgers will cook it up with his asinine team selection, and eventually bow out in a pathetic fashion. 

20 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I dont think Poch would ever even consider us but the reality is Poch is a million times better than Rodgers. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This is where the David Brent shit comes from.... what the ****ing **** does this ****ery mean?!? (Not withstanding the bit where he said evans played well...)

6BEEB86C-A60D-43B2-974F-393B2BE40737.jpeg.ef1b105c64b35e015a41a18f9795a5d7.jpeg

Did he actually watch Jonny Evans?  He is a class player but for the last few games he has been treading though treacle. He needs a rest I reckon.