Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I listened to Pearson, mostly because I loved his way of straight batting everything and him bristling with anger and contempt at everyone. lol

Certainly not for the information he was going to give out. 

Pearson was brilliant but he is a shining example of why to play the media game, since his outbursts attributed to his downfall. Although his son certainly didn’t help 😂 

13 hours ago, Webbo said:

It doesn't really matter what he says, people are just looking for a stick to beat him with.

And to smooth their own hurt egos...

I always used to like Bekenbauers, interviews away from post games....

The following points are what he and Lattek use to push when interviewen or on Football debate programmes..

A Bad balanced group of players can make any coach or the GK look Bad or good, a Great Team can make any coach or GK.look good....

But neither a Good or Bad coach, can make the game Day/season System work, if those great/good/avg players on the pitch dont first bring or show their full mental aptitude before their well known Technical individual or team skills.I

A coach can help that balance,but its the selected Team with subs,who have to Play & Control the game...

Aggression,passive,commitment,intensity, Technical Skills & timing swings, comes from within the chalk,Not outside...!!

The strength of Bayern or Top clubs through Europe is Not everybody needs to like each other,

but all understand and take on their individual responsibility & roles to the "club's" ethos .

I Dont particularly like Bayern,or off the Field Beckenbauer ,Lattek or IMO Europes best manager Hoeness.

though I respected & liked both Hitzfeld & Rehagel .

Even if it Sticks in my throat has a BvB fan, there came many a wise Word from the corridors of Bayern,often mixed with overbaring arrogance...!!

• Like 1

"A platitude is a trite, meaningless, or prosaic statement, often used as a thought-terminating cliché, aimed at quelling social, emotional, or cognitive unease. ... Platitudes have been criticized as giving a false impression of wisdom, making it easy to accept falsehoods: A platitude is even worse than a cliché"

Perhaps I'm being harsh, and he is more of a cliché type!  I don't want him out as I think he's a good fit for the club (at the moment), but I wish he would get rid of some of his "Rodgers speak".

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

So many classics of the genre

Ostrichgate

Clowns and Balloonheads

The Ghana FA

Mike Dean's Frightening Arrogance

Bring on the FA Charge

If someone could make YouTube series of them you've got yourself a subscriber.

"So will you talk to the referee or..."

"What is the point? What is the point of talking to him? He's the most arrogant man I've ever met. There we are."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Only ever watched Nigel Pearson post match interviews. His "I'm over your bullshit" attitude made them required viewing. When he spoke you listened. What a leader of men.

I didn't even listen/watch Ranieri's post match interviews even though we were winning most weeks. Only so much "40 points" and "we fight together" I could stomach.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Koke said:

I didn't even listen/watch Ranieri's post match interviews even though we were winning most weeks. Only so much "40 points" and "we fight together" I could stomach.

Big Nigel Pearson got my respect because he demanded it in his persona. A total alpha male.

Ranieri is a legend but I have no time for joker personalities. If I want to see clowns I'll go to the circus.

• Like 1

When we next play then we put in an amazing performance and beat Sheffield 0-5 people will be back to saying how wonderful he is, even the top managers the peps, moreneo’s even Klopps get it wrong sometimes?

Brendan has been hit for quite a while with a lot of injuries to our top players having to play players who he wouldn’t normally slot into those positions week in week out, it’s crazy some are calling for his head it’s almost as if some have been chewing on far too many little blue blocks from the urinals it beggars belief some what Rogers replaced ?

when we finally get our missing stars back we will be amazing again especially if true about signing a quality player or 2 in January we have a great manager and team who have been amazing and spoiled us with both performances and League position, Let’s keep backing Brendan and the lads through thick and thin I’m sure in the coming months we’ll have more better performances than Terrible when we get the likes of Cags Ricardo Castagne & Wilf back we have the ability to do great things and I’m sure we will !!:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

When we next play then we put in an amazing performance and beat Sheffield 0-5 people will be back to saying how wonderful he is, even the top managers the peps, moreneo’s even Klopps get it wrong sometimes?

Brendan has been hit for quite a while with a lot of injuries to our top players having to play players who he wouldn’t normally slot into those positions week in week out, it’s crazy some are calling for his head it’s almost as if some have been chewing on far too many little blue blocks from the urinals it beggars belief some what Rogers replaced ?

when we finally get our missing stars back we will be amazing again especially if true about signing a quality player or 2 in January we have a great manager and team who have been amazing and spoiled us with both performances and League position, Let’s keep backing Brendan and the lads through thick and thin I’m sure in the coming months we’ll have more better performances than Terrible when we get the likes of Cags Ricardo Castagne & Wilf back we have the ability to do great things and I’m sure we will !!:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

..not sure we will have the funds in a very expensive window!!!

We would have spent it prior to the start of this season, no revenue coming in equals no incoming. 

18 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I'm not sure too many people, want him removed, and I have too agree he has spoilt us with some great games and team performances and has produced wonders at time with injuries in key areas.  He is without doubt a great fit for LCFC and we are fortunate to have him!

However for all the great games, and performances, there are some shockers. I was particularly appalled at the performance against Fulham and still am, I like many others want to see a positive, cohesive, battling "fearless" team performance win or loose, as the manager he has to make sure that happens, if it doesn't he MUST call it out and not mask poor performances, with excuses. Come on the Foxes, let's get winning and show consistency in our performances win, draw or loose, but preferably Win!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Big Nigel Pearson got my respect because he demanded it in his persona. A total alpha male.

Ranieri is a legend but I have no time for joker personalities. If I want to see clowns I'll go to the circus.

Football is a circus....!!

Your statement says more about your own boundaries of acceptance,than Whether the character of various managers, are correct or diabolical.

Characters all of them, & accordingly are different like all we humans, if takes a Good mixture of All Sorts, to make our lives interesting & challenging...

Interviews tell us little about Internal Teams matters,they just mull around the Basic  fan-or Media interest,nothing deep.!!

Ranieri was unique, like Pearson was...has I am sure Rodgers is.......They will have their public face,their Internal Team & Club face, then who they are

with the family......Its how it is..!!

Team selection & tactics, I will have An Overall perception, but they get totted up over a period,not every single week...

too many mitigating unknown circumstances..

On a Weekly basis performances, I will either sit on the fence, defend Team & individuals, or like the last Game have a once in a season rant....

Even This forum individual Posters have separate & varying ideas, about Team selection,Formation & tactics.....Managers-character

So why bother to go too deep into any thoughts in correct attitude or phsycologic meanderings...( Not you but generally)

I See no present accountability,no reason to believe he is the wrong manager, his job is IMO at the moment, to Build up the Team & character,Even with

decent fringe players,Nobody can tell me with the present Covid Bubbles & our Quality Player injuries, that Rodgers or team can be put through any.

expected agendas. I am even reticent in this Climate thinking there is the 'normal or traditional' 

accountability & responsibility in our performances or through sport generally....

Reading other forum topics..our present situation is having consequences throughout our society....

Sport is the Happy mirrored Hobby & pastime  of our society.....I am just Happy & Content that, we are at least getting something....

Deep Analyse and in depth thoughts on Sports participants presentation or character set, Leaves me somewhat hanging on whats reasonable...!!

A young generation,who rightly are being asked to Express themselves,

though with alot of 'buts & 'be-carefuls' suppressing their own maybe even their fans expectations development & aspirations..!!

Also when is a coaches/managers...bollocking or arm around shoulders timing, ok & pertinent...!!!

On 01/12/2020 at 21:39, StanSP said:

19/20 - Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich relegated - 8 out of 18 points

18/19 - Cardiff, Fulham, Huddersfield relegated - 13 out of 18 points

17/18 - Swansea, Stoke, West Brom - 10 out of 18

16/17 - Hull, Middlesbrough, Sunderland - 8 out of 18

15/16 - Newcastle, Norwich, Villa - 16 out of 18

14/15 - Hull, Burnley, QPR - 11 out of 18

That's the record since we came back up. Apart from 15/16 which is the obvious league-winning anomaly, 8 points is the worst we've done. 18/19 season was our best - Rodgers was our boss for 2 of the games (Fulham & Huddersfield at home, winning both). 

Its better than I expected but below par every season as league winners expect   a certain 18  and that could easily have been 12.

26 minutes ago, foxaholic said:

Its better than I expected but below par every season as league winners expect   a certain 18  and that could easily have been 12.

As shown with our own league win, even 18 isn't always possible, regardless of expectations. I bet even regular title winners don't always get 18 points. 

Edited by StanSP

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

There are very few around better. It just irks me that the guy can be so cautious when often a more dynamic approach would yield better results. Playing against Fulham like you’re at Arsenal is plain daft. 

Probably sums up my thoughts. I think he's good enough for a club like us and still relatively young. I didn't want him him when he was initially linked but always been behind him since he joined.

This place makes me laugh though. Three wins and it's suddenly "how good actually are we!" while it's three defeats and it's all "we ain't finishing top 6".

• Like 1

"I thought we played really well, I thought we did enough to win the game but we just didn't have that cutting edge that maybe we should have in the final third and their goalkeeper did really well. Im proud of the boys and we will take the positives." 

Edited by SecretPro

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

This place makes me laugh though. Three wins and it's suddenly "how good actually are we!" while it's three defeats and it's all "we ain't finishing top 6".

Get what you're saying, but the downturn in performances since the start of the Liverpool game is pretty alarming. And the same thing happened on Boxing Day last year. We really need to arrest the slide going into such a busy period, I'm just not sure I can remember Rodgers doing that for us yet.

• Like 1